over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

DC vs. UHT training

sam salters

Registered
Last edited:
DC :lightbulb: :lightbulb: :lightbulb:

DC all the way

I admit I've never tried UHT- but DC is incredible. Do the 2-way, exactly as outlined with extreme stretches, etc. It is just ther perfect balance of frequency/intensity without overtraining- of course follow the blast/cruise protocol. The hardest thing for most people (including me) is to just train 3 days a week. But if you do it right- that is all you can handle, seriously.

This is assuming you know your body pretty good and how to generate intensity.

I admit I've never tried UHT- but DC is incredible. Do the 2-way, exactly as outlined with extreme stretches, etc. It is just ther perfect balance of frequency/intensity without overtraining- of course follow the blast/cruise protocol. The hardest thing for most people (including me) is to just train 3 days a week. But if you do it right- that is all you can handle, seriously.

This is assuming you know your body pretty good and how to generate intensity.

I can handle training just 3 days a week, the majority of my routines involve compound lifts and just lifting 3-4 days a week. So far it seems like DC2 is extremely popular on here and another forum. I am going to use both just can't decide which one I want to do first :D

I plateaued fast on DC. I like the freedom (and progression!) of a program like 5/3/1. However, I am not an advanced bodybuilder, but a (slightly) chubby 190 lb natural lifter who can barely squat 400.

I can handle training just 3 days a week, the majority of my routines involve compound lifts and just lifting 3-4 days a week. So far it seems like DC2 is extremely popular on here and another forum. I am going to use both just can't decide which one I want to do first :D

Whichever you try first- please give it enough time to really evaluate it- maybe 6 months? You can't jump around on different training programs and make a fair assessment.

I have done both and each one is really good. BUT I will say that I have never been bigger and stronger then when I was training DC. Nothing else compares in my eyes. I have always trained as heavy as I could, always going to failure, so on and so forth. And for years taking tons of juice I was big but something was still missing.

Once I started DC and was only on HRT(no more cycling since the liver surgery) I just grew like crazy and got bigger then ever. It really made a huge difference in my body. If your goal is power and size DC is the way to go.
UHT is excellent as well but I would use it when I took breaks from DC to switch things up. Logging your strength gains you will notice progress with UHT, its a good program and not as brutal as DC.

All of this means nothing without consistency though. Any good program will work but you have to commit to it and go all in. Dont switch it every few weeks, give it time and sweat and feed the machine and you will grow. Diet and your commitment will make all the difference.

I'm a former DC trainee. I grew like a fuckin' weed and was super strong... but I realized a few things....

1- Before I started DC, I did volume training. I would do the typical 16-20 sets per bodypart once every seven days each. I mixed up workouts, copied out of magazines, and did exercises blindly. I always trained hard, but never REALLY went to failure.

2- I would always get stronger getting ready for a show because I never focused hard on eating big and clean in the off-season. Pre-contest was the only time of year I was constantly fullfilling my nutritional needs.

3- I did the fun heavy exercises, but I did the bullshit "shaping exercises".

AFTER DC TRAINING, I REALIZED THE FOLLOWING...

1- I focused on going to complete failure, most exercises taken to literal failure.

2- I focused on basic exercises only. Understood that there is no "shaping exercise". The fastest hypertrophy came from getting progressively stronger on the exercises that broke down the most muscle fibers. If you squat 300lbs for 10 today, and you squat 500lbs for 10 in two years, your quads will be much larger. The logbook is the bible.

3- Progressively larger amounts of food or else you won't grow... period. The cleaner the calories, the better... but If you want to be a superheavyweight, you will at some point get a "little sloppy" because in order to be that huge, you need a massive surplus of protein and clean fats/carbs. If you junk it, you'll look like junk.

I think everybody has a different requirement for volume because genetics, diet, level of training intensity, are all relative to volume. A set program isn't necessary if the logbook keeps moving up.

all i can give is a big

X2 to Dave's comment above me.

Never have i been bigger or stronger than with DC although i do switch back and forth now between DC and volume training. It did take me awhile longer to jump onto the DC bandwagon as well.

Glad you posted on here Dave!

is DC good while On?

or it doesnt matter its good all the time?

Most DC guys are natural guys..

I.M.O. you will grow the fastest if u blast and cruise drugs with D.C. and progressively up the food.

Most DC guys are natural guys..

I.M.O. you will grow the fastest if u blast and cruise drugs with D.C. and progressively up the food.

"blast and cruise"?

like frontloading? or do you mean something different.

thanks

"blast and cruise"?

like frontloading? or do you mean something different.

thanks

Nope.

it's part of the process of DC. you BLAST= hitting the weights hard for as long as your body can handle. believe me, you will notice when you joints and asking you to lower the weight. then you CRUISE=maybe a week or two of lowering it down and maybe eating less

there are some good STICKIES over at Intense Muscle man. check em out.

Nope.

it's part of the process of DC. you BLAST= hitting the weights hard for as long as your body can handle. believe me, you will notice when you joints and asking you to lower the weight. then you CRUISE=maybe a week or two of lowering it down and maybe eating less

there are some good STICKIES over at Intense Muscle man. check em out.

okay thanks a ton bro.

i will def check em out.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna run DC til I burn out then I will switch over and give UHT a shot

-sam-

It took me a while to jump over to DC as well. One because I have been out with a couple of injuries, and two because I was used to higher volume training. Now that I have been training dc I have never jumped up in weight so fast as with this program. I have been training dc for 5 or 6 weeks and absolutely love it. I have been getting strong real fast and my body weight has shot up. I know that this is also because I have been out of the gym for a long time and i am responding very good.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws