over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dieting and Arm size

Does your arm size , increase ,decrease, or stay the same when dieting

• Total voters

sebaco2011

Banned
Just out of curiosity when you all are dieting whether it be for a show or just to get in good shape around 8% bodyfat , do you notice you arm size increase , decrease, or stay the same ? Curious because my arms aren't quite where I want them to be but I feel I need to diet down before my bodyfat gets to out of hand , I will be using a little bit of "assistance" but not much.

Last edited:
mine decreased a small amount going from 15-16%bf to my current 9%. however they look bigger than before.

I've measured mine before a contest prep at around 270lbs then again close to a show at around 250 lbs and their a definatly smaller , maybe 1/2" but look way bigger!!
I'm generally way lower dose as I start my prep and increase as I go

You'll lose some. No doubt. Just like you lose inches arouns your waist. Fat takes up space, bro.. if you have enough assistance, ie moderate to high tren, its possible to fill some of the fat space with muscle during the time, though . Probably not all, but some

what kind of a question is that ?

when you diet, you will lose some muscle and size ! that's just part of the game

when you diet, you will lose some muscle and size ! that's just part of the game

Idk just thought it was a decent question , didn't see anything simliar to it in previous threads , I know some people increase their lbm while dieting , also some report that their shirts start fitting tighter around the arms , so it brought up an idea , sorry if it's a stupid question though:confused:

Not necessarily.. if on tren and taking in decent protein it is absolutely possible to still gain size and recomp cutting. Arm size loss will happen due to inner muscle fat and under skin fat dissipating, but muscle loss doesnt have to happen, especially if not contest dieting

:yeahthat:

Mine get smaller but tighter and look bigger.I get realy weak what sucks.

Idk just thought it was a decent question , didn't see anything simliar to it in previous threads , I know some people increase their lbm while dieting , also some report that their shirts start fitting tighter around the arms , so it brought up an idea , sorry if it's a stupid question though:confused:

nah...i dont think thats what he meant bro.i think it was freindly sarcasm :D

honestly this depends on how much fat you hold off season.for me i stay pretty lean,so mine just get harder.:D remember fat dont flex.

Mine stay the same but look bigger since the rest of me seems to shrink.

Well I must be the worse case scenario. I measured my right arm pumped at 12% bf and it was 21 7/8. Dieted down my arm was around 20. That's a lot of size and it looked alot smaller. Funny thing is, my back doesn't lose much size but my arms shrink like crazy.

I think some of it too depends on genes, how much fat you carry in your limbs. Some guys carry more than others.

Once I bulked up really heavy and then went of Phil's diet and got nice and lean. My arms stayed the same size even though I lost about 30 lbs. I did also use Syntherol too, so I cheated some!

Well I must be the worse case scenario. I measured my right arm pumped at 12% bf and it was 21 7/8. Dieted down my arm was around 20. That's a lot of size and it looked alot smaller. Funny thing is, my back doesn't lose much size but my arms shrink like crazy.

Sounds like you carry more fat in your limbs than mine. I carry most of mine in my torso. Lots of different builds out there.

my arms go up in size, only becoz i go froma cruise to a blast and increase my doses of anabolics when dieting

but genetically i have very lean arms (bicep split, 3 tri heads showing, usually feathered abit)

when im bulked my arms look very under developed on my frame and show they lag, when im lean they look much more symetrical as my fat on the rest of my body comes off and my arms grow

i wish i stored some fat on my arms, least then theyd measure bigger lol, but no i store all ym fat round my lower back and abdominals :(

Last edited:
the only way you can gain arm size is if you "grow" into a show, which means blasting the aas so much that you begin leaning out tremendously and putting on mass as well

otherwise it is just the illusion of a larger looking arm due to condition

ive had 48cm arms (19 inches) about 2 years ago when i was 220 lbs and a bloated mess (im 5'8)

now i usually walk around at about 180lbs very lean while cutting theyre barely 43cm (17 inches), when im bulking and hovering between 180-195lbs or so and theyre full of glycogen theyre about 45cm

my arms are genetically my strong point, but being fat makes your arms look so much bigger

thats why i cant take the 20%+ BF guys chasing 20inch arms serious

I'm only just over 17 inches now in Decent lean And im 6 ft. Im lucky that my waist is small and they have a shape that makes them look a lot bigger then they are, I get comments about the size of my arms a lot but it's all smoke and mirrors. They were 14.5 at about 25% body fat when I started so I've just had to make the best of what I've got.

I have 19's pumped at 195lbs, 5'8" and around 8%bf

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner