over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Don Youngblood, R.I.P

This is definetly a tragedy , but was it one that could have been controlled, i dont know the details but to hear this happen almost makes you wonder if it was certain things that could have trigered this, LIFE is more important then this stupid ass sport or hobby , pushing your body past its limits in the health category is a MISTAKE , when your a father you take a responsibility to be the best father you can be for that child , taking AAS at later stages in life and in higher amounts is fucking stupid, make money love your wife and children and be a grandfather one day ,cherish your life and what time you have here.

now im not saying any of this happend to Don because of aas but if it did dont you think he take it all back to see his daughters 1st born child and hold that baby knowing hell have many great years as a grampa and father.

so sad to hear this news , May God rest his soul.

Damn shame. :(

Vander_V said:
Yea but gaspari was a freak with crazy ass genetics and half Dons age at the time.

exactly ;)

i'm assuming what he had to do to get that same look as Gaspari, minus the genetics plus his age could have been a factor... :(

please remem though

Vander_V said:
This is definetly a tragedy , but was it one that could have been controlled, i dont know the details but to hear this happen almost makes you wonder if it was certain things that could have trigered this, LIFE is more important then this stupid ass sport or hobby , pushing your body past its limits in the health category is a MISTAKE , when your a father you take a responsibility to be the best father you can be for that child , taking AAS at later stages in life and in higher amounts is fucking stupid, make money love your wife and children and be a grandfather one day ,cherish your life and what time you have here.

now im not saying any of this happend to Don because of aas but if it did dont you think he take it all back to see his daughters 1st born child and hold that baby knowing hell have many great years as a grampa and father.

so sad to hear this news , May God rest his soul.

using a substance that may increase cholesterol or enlarge the heart may have not been the actual cause of his death. Their are other variables to account for, in our culture men do die at young ages from complications of heart disease. Could have been a genetic predisposition or maybe his diet was a larger role in what had happened. Im not saying that using drugs and having a BBer lifestyle will not speed this process up or create some of these instances but I find people like to blame the first apparent thing they can, or attribute his death to the drugs he may have used to be a BBer. We live or lifes then we die and give back to the earth. People die from heart disease at young ages without the use of performance enhancing drugs. That is why it is one of the top killers our country. He is human and im sure we can learn from this, but I dont believe it is fair to attribute his death to that until we know from an autopsy. But regardless I prey for his family
gooey

Good point but

What % of competitive athletes from other sports drop dead at the same rate as BBers? I cant name 4 basketball players who have died from a heart attack before the age of 45, and these guys are LARGE also. Len Bias had a cocain overdose, Hank Gathers died of an enlarged heart and Reggie Lewis died of a heart ailment.

i am curious to see the long term affects of the NFL linemen... since the 80s the average weight of the NFL lineman has increases a substantial percent (i forgot the number, but way over the 5% needed to be deemed statistically significant.. i think it was 15%) ... i want to see what their health is like down the line... OLs dont exactly watch the macro content of their food, they just inhale everything

i'm just glad lots of them drop sig. weight after retiring. :eek:

Mr Pickles said:
i am curious to see the long term affects of the NFL linemen... since the 80s the average weight of the NFL lineman has increases a substantial percent (i forgot the number, but way over the 5% needed to be deemed statistically significant.. i think it was 15%) ... i want to see what their health is like down the line... OLs dont exactly watch the macro content of their food, they just inhale everything

i'm just glad lots of them drop sig. weight after retiring. :eek:

Pickles-

They just had a program about this on HBO SPORTS. These guys aren't doing well with the weight!

Temp

very sad indeed...

Let our prayers be with those he left behind.

Mr.Huge

same for baseball

PHIL HERNON said:
What % of competitive athletes from other sports drop dead at the same rate as BBers? I cant name 4 basketball players who have died from a heart attack before the age of 45, and these guys are LARGE also. Len Bias had a cocain overdose, Hank Gathers died of an enlarged heart and Reggie Lewis died of a heart ailment.

and numerous amount of guys have now tested positive for drug use. So is it the drug that causes heart disease or the amount of weight gain that causes the heart stress. Shaq is the only one, maybe yao that is either above 300lbs or flirting with it. Will they have heart ailments in the future? Basketball players are large individuals indeed... vertically; BBers and lineman in the NFL hold a lot more tissue which the heart has to feed and pump to which causes a lot more stress. A 250 muscle bound low body fat BBer puts as much stress on the heart as a 250 slobby, GOOEY, couch potatoe. Now I'd be ignorant to think that drugs do not play a role or even speed up their already natural process of health degeneration, but its not fair to place blame on something that has not yet been identfied as the true soruce of this great man's life being taken away. Just like the father at the baseball steroid hearing, its easy to blame or attribute causes of these natures to things that we dont know or understand. If this individual was not a BBer and was the same age and died of the same conditions (which happens everyday) would we question his lifestyle? What if he was not a BBer and used recreational drugs would we still ask the same questions and place the blame of his death on smoking too much pot? Until there has been a true, credible, longitudinal study of superphysiological doses of steroids and humans, and controlling for diet and history predispositions I think it is unfair to place all blame on synthetic hormones.
gooey

gooey said:
using a substance that may increase cholesterol or enlarge the heart may have not been the actual cause of his death. Their are other variables to account for, in our culture men do die at young ages from complications of heart disease. Could have been a genetic predisposition or maybe his diet was a larger role in what had happened. Im not saying that using drugs and having a BBer lifestyle will not speed this process up or create some of these instances but I find people like to blame the first apparent thing they can, or attribute his death to the drugs he may have used to be a BBer. We live or lifes then we die and give back to the earth. People die from heart disease at young ages without the use of performance enhancing drugs. That is why it is one of the top killers our country. He is human and im sure we can learn from this, but I dont believe it is fair to attribute his death to that until we know from an autopsy. But regardless I prey for his family
gooey

Please reread my post i think you may have misinterpreted it.

guys, he died in his sleep.. he may have had sleep apnea.. many big guys do.. sleep apnea cause a substantial rise in blood pressure while asleep.. sleep apnea is know for causing heart attacks at sleep.. i also have sleep apnea and having been diagnosed, i now have to wear a mask while i sleep.. my brother also has it.. left untreated, it can cause major cardic problems.. matter of fact.. sleep apnea cause a person to have a 8 times higher risk of having a heart attack at a early age.. people who have short necks, large neck or are "over weight can have it... loud snoring and stopping breathing during sleep is one of the biggest symptoms.. i guess we will see..
as for the % of athletes having attacks.. it is hard to say.. but, many ex nfl players have been kicking off at early ages.. it is just that most are not well known.. some do make the press though.. i think many of the bodybuilders being affected are going to heard of by us more readily.. there are only so many bodybuilders.. but, there are many discussion boards who communicate with each other frequently.. just a thought..

Tempest said:
These guys aren't doing well with the weight!

that sucks.. my buddy played Div. 1 football in the Big 10.... the coached freaked on him if he dropped below 285 lbs.... i mean freaked!!! kinda scary :(

Very sad news. I read this on Mayhem before it was even posted here. What can we learn from this guys? At this point there are no answers. Everyone has valid points. This is my thought... why should we wait to check our health even at a young age in this sport? I guess it doesn't seem like reality that years from now something could sneak up on us. We gamble every day of our lifes in many types of situations. I know everyday that I am going to work driving down the interstate I pray for safety. How about we wake up and go get checked. Why not go at 30 to a doctor? Blood work and a physical are fine. What about a stress test? This is a good start? Even better find a doctor that seems cool and be honest. Our bodies are high performance sports cars, we require maintenance and attention to details. Realize that when it is all said and done we can't be big forever. Every wonder what we are chasing? Mine was a dream that I could be something and do something that not many people have the knowledge and ability to do. Looking back I wonder about my choice; however, It saved me from a lot of stupid things that could have eventually made my health two times worse. Smoking and drinking like all my old buddies can't be to healthy. Which is worse? The Bible says, "That man perishes for lack of knowledge". We need to start using our heads!

Last edited:
Just saw this news , horrible stuff I never met Don but have followed his success . Love to his family :) R.I.P Don

LATS said:
guys, he died in his sleep.. he may have had sleep apnea.. many big guys do.. sleep apnea cause a substantial rise in blood pressure while asleep.. sleep apnea is know for causing heart attacks at sleep.. i also have sleep apnea and having been diagnosed, i now have to wear a mask while i sleep.. my brother also has it.. left untreated, it can cause major cardic problems.. matter of fact.. sleep apnea cause a person to have a 8 times higher risk of having a heart attack at a early age.. people who have short necks, large neck or are "over weight can have it... loud snoring and stopping breathing during sleep is one of the biggest symptoms.. i guess we will see..
as for the % of athletes having attacks.. it is hard to say.. but, many ex nfl players have been kicking off at early ages.. it is just that most are not well known.. some do make the press though.. i think many of the bodybuilders being affected are going to heard of by us more readily.. there are only so many bodybuilders.. but, there are many discussion boards who communicate with each other frequently.. just a thought..

I believe Reggie White died from a sleep apnea induced heart attack.

And on what gooey said about a 250lbs slob vs a 250lb bb . I believe a 250lbs bbs heart is less stressed than a slobs only because muscle provides more benefits than fat such as heat which produces energy I believe, but of course im no expert, i just recall someone telling me this? Anyway its too young of an age to die at. RIP

Another one...and only 51 yrs old. Well guys, this is the nail in the coffin (no pun intended) for me. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'M DONE! I refuse to let this sport/hobby shorten my life. I have made the conscious choice to LIVE my life free of AAS and to appreciate every new day thanks to men like Curtis and now Don, among others. I'm not implying that AAS shortened Don's life...for all I know he may have had a significant family history of atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and heart disease. But if he did, and he was aware of it...then I don't have much sympathy for the man and his choice to take large quantities of AAS to win a $100 hunk of metal and a year of bragging rights. Life is simply to damn short!
I find it very interresting how my view of mortality has changed now with a baby less than two weeks away and the feelings of responsibility toward her upbringing, education, and future happiness. It ain't about "ME" anymore and it's time I took to heart that inner voice that I refused to listen to since the day I picked up a syringe some 20 years ago.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131