over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EAA conversion to protein grams.

im learing a lot here awesome...

I'm trying to hopefully replace whey protein cause it fucks with my stomach. "hopefully" as in if its not possible, i wont do it.

I get my protein from food mostly. But its hard to eat clean for me while working and going to school.

to clear things up (leucine talk aside) how much eea do i need to equal 50 grams complete protein? Wanted to do this 3x a week.

Rex said 10 grams of animo-9 plus 10 grams gaspari 6000 bcaa

While I agree with your points, don't try to blind people with science, instead find quality papers that are applicable to us. Some of these are not (the first study is done on elderly men with wasting disease), some kind of are, but most are not (anabolic abusing test subjects aren't typically recruited for these kinds of studies). These are very important variables to consider when selecting research to back up your argument. Cheers!

I do not disagree with you and I am not trying to blind anyone with science. I believe science can give us a basis to test protocols first hand for effectiveness, but because these studies are performed in such a controlled environment only some of the findings may hold true in real world scenarios. Kind of like how I noted that the chances the we (meaning bodybuilders and athletes that train hard) train with much higher intensity than those in the study is quite likely and may require different amounts of amino acids for recovery.

I also think that practical application is just as important as the science because until things can be tested under real world conditions and proven, what good are they? Additionally, sometimes what is effective in the real world does not have a scientific basis to support it...does this mean it is a fluke or invalid? I do not think so. It could just be that science has not gotten that far yet to find the "why" to support what makes something work.

So what we can do is take what we know from science and apply it and adjust certain variables to see if we we can get better results. You aren't going to find a study to support everything and sometimes anecdotal evidence of real world effectiveness is just as valuable.

I do think it would be very interesting to see how differently ingestion of an amino acid mixture stimulates protein synthesis in athletes who are using AAS versus those who are not... But I don't think that is ever going to happen.

im learing a lot here awesome...

I'm trying to hopefully replace whey protein cause it fucks with my stomach. "hopefully" as in if its not possible, i wont do it.

I get my protein from food mostly. But its hard to eat clean for me while working and going to school.

to clear things up (leucine talk aside) how much eea do i need to equal 50 grams complete protein? Wanted to do this 3x a week.

Rex said 10 grams of animo-9 plus 10 grams gaspari 6000 bcaa

Me, personally, I would go with something like 15g EAAs and then add in some BCAAs (5-10g) as icing on the cake :)

I look at it like, I would rather be SURE I am getting all I need than leave something on the table. I use True Nutrition's EAA powder mixed with lemonade crystal light and add in a scoop of limeade BCAA plus.

Me, personally, I would go with something like 15g EAAs and then add in some BCAAs (5-10g) as icing on the cake :)

I look at it like, I would rather be SURE I am getting all I need than leave something on the table. I use True Nutrition's EAA powder mixed with lemonade crystal light and add in a scoop of limeade BCAA plus.

in replacement of protein?

I really need to know the exact amount of protein im replacing with eaa/bcaa

id like to take it 150 protein this way but wanna make sure thats what im getting.

id like to take it 150 protein this way but wanna make sure thats what im getting.

Supposedly, 5.15g of EAAs from humapro (which is an EAA supplement) will replace 25g protein. I don't know how much weight that hold, so to be safe, I would use closer to 10g EAAs and then use some BCAAs on top of that because BCAAs are able to be utilized faster and can jump-start the protein synthesis.

I would go with about 7-10g EAAs for every 25g of whole protein to be on the safe side. The kcals are negligible from pure EAAs so if you start with this dose and monitior your progress you can see if you need to change anything.

How does that sound?

Bruiser, I am just curious, have you tried any other types of protein besides whey? Like an egg protein?

If so, how did that sit in you stomach?

I absolutely loved it when TrueNutrition sold BCAA and EAA in the mixable section of the site. I would do a 25% PeptoPro 25% EAA 25% BCAA and 25% dextrose. Sipping on that throughout a workout made a huge difference in how I felt afterwards, and I also didn't feel like I HAD to drink a protein shake afterwords. I could eat a steak and be fine because I didn't leave feeling like I lost something in the gym.

I would love to keep the Dextrose out of it and then make EAA/BCAA/PeptoPro my main protein source throughout the entire day, just to see what happens. It mixes so light and easy (instantized) and you can drink it like it's lemonade so you can easily drink it with a heavier meal and not feel like you just slammed your digestive tract. I was planning on doing something exactly like this and then truenutrition took out their aminos from the mixing section. I haven't felt like trying to mix it myself - I'm a lazy sob.

I absolutely loved it when TrueNutrition sold BCAA and EAA in the mixable section of the site. I would do a 25% PeptoPro 25% EAA 25% BCAA and 25% dextrose. Sipping on that throughout a workout made a huge difference in how I felt afterwards, and I also didn't feel like I HAD to drink a protein shake afterwords. I could eat a steak and be fine because I didn't leave feeling like I lost something in the gym.

I would love to keep the Dextrose out of it and then make EAA/BCAA/PeptoPro my main protein source throughout the entire day, just to see what happens. It mixes so light and easy (instantized) and you can drink it like it's lemonade so you can easily drink it with a heavier meal and not feel like you just slammed your digestive tract. I was planning on doing something exactly like this and then truenutrition took out their aminos from the mixing section. I haven't felt like trying to mix it myself - I'm a lazy sob.

I heard that they MIGHT start the custom mixer again... :) Maybe we can petition TN to bring it back!

Why did they take that option out?

Bruiser, I am just curious, have you tried any other types of protein besides whey? Like an egg protein?

If so, how did that sit in you stomach?

Egg protein gas is pretty bad just like whey, both seem to give me that bloated full feeling that i hate.

and Im not sure if it was shelby or another vet pro, but someone showed a chart of whey being superior protein. Im hearing good things about syntheteks protein but im a lil bothered by their hype (my opinion, don't get up in my grill anyone)

Didn't knight say he replaced all protein with humapro?

How come everywhere I read it says eaa 10g equals 10 grams. Protein

1000mg=1g

Yep it's that simple.

The body will fill in missing amino acids from other sources as necessary.

Didn't knight say he replaced all protein with humapro?

How come everywhere I read it says eaa 10g equals 10 grams. Protein

I didnt take whey protein from early 2009 through the end of 2012. 2009 I relied heavily on BCAA and food, 2010, 2011, 2012 I took between 25-40 Humapro a day (sometimes up to 60). 2013 I still took Humapro(I no longer worked for ALR at this point) but I did not take as much. And I still take Humapro occasionally today.

I have never fully added whey shakes back in as a daily staple like they once were 5+ yrs ago. However, I have some Isolyze on the way so that might be changing. I also have a couple bags of Team Skip, and a small tub of Synthepure. The fact of the matter is....while trying to gain mass nowadays I am going to try to add them back in at 2 shakes a day. It's more a tool than anything else.

I think Humapro is still an awesome product and would say it has better use in dieting.

I also went for short stints of replacing ALL protein period with Humapro and never lost any noticeable muscle. I never did this for more than 2-3 weeks and it was mainly at the request of people I worked with/for. It was interesting to say the least.

Why is it so important to know the exact amount? It might take a little trial and error but you should be able to figure out pretty quickly what you need through trial and error. I think 15 grams of eaa with 5 grams of bcaa would be a good place to start. You will probably have to adjust daily calories though to maintain size since your not getting the calories from protein like you did before.

It might be cheaper in the long run though to run 20 gram servings of peptopro. Plus at least that way you know its a whole protein

I didnt take whey protein from early 2009 through the end of 2012. 2009 I relied heavily on BCAA and food, 2010, 2011, 2012 I took between 25-40 Humapro a day (sometimes up to 60). 2013 I still took Humapro(I no longer worked for ALR at this point) but I did not take as much. And I still take Humapro occasionally today.

I have never fully added whey shakes back in as a daily staple like they once were 5+ yrs ago. However, I have some Isolyze on the way so that might be changing. I also have a couple bags of Team Skip, and a small tub of Synthepure. The fact of the matter is....while trying to gain mass nowadays I am going to try to add them back in at 2 shakes a day. It's more a tool than anything else.

I think Humapro is still an awesome product and would say it has better use in dieting.

I also went for short stints of replacing ALL protein period with Humapro and never lost any noticeable muscle. I never did this for more than 2-3 weeks and it was mainly at the request of people I worked with/for. It was interesting to say the least.

Simply put, protein shakes suck for me.
I'd rather eat more to get my calories/protein while supplementing a small amount of powder (Eaa) to fill in the rest of my protein requirements. To much "liquid" and puking due to the full feeling. Eaa's are cheaper than whey (for me) as I'd be using 70 grams per day.

Ill look into peptopro... Butt Eaa seem to be a very legit way to add protein without weighing you down

Oh man, where to begin!? :eek::banghead::delete:

Why delete. Wasn't it you that mentioned EAA with NEAA as the key to revolutionize building muscle?

Random, I'm so curious about doing 60grams of bee pollen. Its everywhere about being the most superior protein and higher than all meat protein. Idk if I believe that but still.

Simply put, protein shakes suck for me.
I'd rather eat more to get my calories/protein while supplementing a small amount of powder (Eaa) to fill in the rest of my protein requirements. To much "liquid" and puking due to the full feeling. Eaa's are cheaper than whey (for me) as I'd be using 70 grams per day.

Ill look into peptopro... Butt Eaa seem to be a very legit way to add protein without weighing you down

Peptopro just intra workout. Instantized EAA from TN is another choice for eaa.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity