over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eat When Hungry vs Italy

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been on a Eat When Hungry and in suggested ratios for a data gathering phase of getting a diet down with Phil. I have lost about 8-10 lbls in a few weeks. I avoided turning in my data because of a planned trip to Italy.

The Italians, especially the grandmothers, and great grandmothers have a different take on Eat When Hungry. Its called Eat When Awake. I ate multi course meals every day, washed down with wine. Some of the meals had 8 courses! I would hate to be doing the dishes. I had 1 or 2 beers almost every day. Desert everyday, and gelato some days. I ate mostly seafood based dishes when given a choice and used LBA's for protein. I worked out 5 times in 17 days. End result? No weight gain, no strenght loss. I guess because of no junk food, and healthier, simpler ingredients. Yes they used some unhealthy ingredients, but in healthy amounts, for flavoring purposes.

GYMS:
At the two gyms I work out at in the Rome area I was still the biggest, strongest dude their, by far. I was also the fattest....by far. It is amazing the difference in workout philosophy and their concept of what looks good. 6 feet tall and 155 ripped is a "good luck". The "beasts" were about 200 lbs, but still very lean. The places I work out are the biggest nicest gyms in the suburbs of Rome, not dungeons where you may be more likely to find the big boys.

I gave a couple of bottles of LBA's and it saved me 10 euro a day guest fee.

Pharmacy

I bought nothing I did not have a prescription for...but I never showed a presription. Instead I would show an empty box of what I wanted. Most pharmacies only had one or two boxes or boxes of vials. I went to multiple pharmacies and did not exceed my (90 day supply). I got everything I wanted at multiple pharmacies, at fair prices for human grade. Bag was opened in customs because I had a small computer I forgot to take out of bag and the rest of bag searched, my prescription drugs from home as well as my new purchases were observed with no comment.

Sidenote: At the horse track in Rome at the training stables behind them I saw some of the biggest bottles and bladders of gear I have seen in my life. Ir reminded me of the old 500ml bladders that used to be available out of Oz.

Pekkerwood

Sidenote: At the horse track in Rome at the training stables behind them I saw some of the biggest bottles and bladders of gear I have seen in my life. Ir reminded me of the old 500ml bladders that used to be available out of Oz.

Pekkerwood

Ah, the good old days. Damn it you brought a tears to my eyes. What ever happened to the bladders?

I went to Italy last summer with my wife. I ate so much...and with the wine and food how could anybody have regrets? My added 10lbs of fat was my favorite souvenir.

I cant wait to go back.

Sounds like a perfect time to me! Did you stay in the Rome area? My wife is bugging me to go to Italy soon.

When you came back through customs they didn't ask to see a script for your 90 day supply?

I have been on a Eat When Hungry and in suggested ratios for a data gathering phase of getting a diet down with Phil. I have lost about 8-10 lbls in a few weeks. I avoided turning in my data because of a planned trip to Italy.

The Italians, especially the grandmothers, and great grandmothers have a different take on Eat When Hungry. Its called Eat When Awake. I ate multi course meals every day, washed down with wine. Some of the meals had 8 courses! I would hate to be doing the dishes. I had 1 or 2 beers almost every day. Desert everyday, and gelato some days. I ate mostly seafood based dishes when given a choice and used LBA's for protein. I worked out 5 times in 17 days. End result? No weight gain, no strenght loss. I guess because of no junk food, and healthier, simpler ingredients. Yes they used some unhealthy ingredients, but in healthy amounts, for flavoring purposes.

GYMS:
At the two gyms I work out at in the Rome area I was still the biggest, strongest dude their, by far. I was also the fattest....by far. It is amazing the difference in workout philosophy and their concept of what looks good. 6 feet tall and 155 ripped is a "good luck". The "beasts" were about 200 lbs, but still very lean. The places I work out are the biggest nicest gyms in the suburbs of Rome, not dungeons where you may be more likely to find the big boys.

I gave a couple of bottles of LBA's and it saved me 10 euro a day guest fee.

Pharmacy

I bought nothing I did not have a prescription for...but I never showed a presription. Instead I would show an empty box of what I wanted. Most pharmacies only had one or two boxes or boxes of vials. I went to multiple pharmacies and did not exceed my (90 day supply). I got everything I wanted at multiple pharmacies, at fair prices for human grade. Bag was opened in customs because I had a small computer I forgot to take out of bag and the rest of bag searched, my prescription drugs from home as well as my new purchases were observed with no comment.

Pekkerwood

When I was in Rome last summer I could not find anyone over 200pnds. Everyone looked 175 and under. I was about 240 had a lot of bodyfat no abs and everyone thought I was in the WWF. I did not see any gyms to work out at. I must have not have been looking to hard though.

Pekkerwood

Wow, you're not kidding about that. I was in Siena about 3,4 years ago durring the Siena horse races...The horses are not only on very large amounts of juice but I'm sure on some large doses of stimulants...maybe even adrenaline...I don't know but it was insane!!! A few died due to the speed and corners they're required to take. Of course like most things it's funded by $$$$. From what I could gather, the contrades of Siena pay off/bribe certain owners/jockey for certain out-comes to take place for the glory.
This is just my personal take from what I could gather at the time...No offense to anyone w/roots from there.

When I was in Rome last summer I could not find anyone over 200pnds. Everyone looked 175 and under. I was about 240 had a lot of bodyfat no abs and everyone thought I was in the WWF. I did not see any gyms to work out at. I must have not have been looking to hard though.

The lack of bodyweight of most Italians played a good role durring the time I was there lol.
While in a town called Cinque Terre(Actually 5 beach towns) I was drinking too much wine with some girlfriends of my cousin...After hooking up w/one of her friends it was about time for me and the buddy I was traveling with to leave...Well, we had only been there a day and being drunk we could not find our rental place for the night....We were trying the wrong building and confronted in the middle of the night by more than a few locals...We were drunk, there was lack of communication, and both sides were pissed by now.
It didn't matter, I thought I could take them all...I was hit over the head by a huge pot...I was stunned but my body weight made up for some of it from these 150lb. kids...There were prob. too many but my buddy and I would do some damage, run down the street for some more ground, and then do more damage...That's until we were taken by the local officials to the little police station of the town for things to be figured out lol. Glad I was bigger at that point in time...

Sounds like a perfect time to me! Did you stay in the Rome area? My wife is bugging me to go to Italy soon.

When you came back through customs they didn't ask to see a script for your 90 day supply?

Brick:

My six year gf is from Rome. Her entire family is still there, I mean over a hundred of them. We usually start in Rome and then travel from there. For a first time visit most people will want the whirlwind tour of Rome and the art cities, Florence, and Venice. The Amalfi coast is just south of Naples with Pompeii nearby. Probalbly two hours by car. The Positano and Sorrento, and the ferry to Isle of Capri is stunningly beautiful. I spend about six weeks a year there. ONe thing, I recommend the last week in May and first couple of weeks in June, and again in late September. Smaller crowds, less heat, still warm enough for the beaches.

This year we spent a few days in Rome, and then drove to Bari on the East Coast and followed the Road along the Adriatic all the way around the "Boot Heel" and up into the Gulf. We would travel, stop at a few small towns (mostly beach towns) and when we would get tired or need a break we would find a restaraunt or beach and relax a couple of hours and travel further. When it got to be around 6:00 we would start looking on the map for a potential place to stay and then stop there. I say very few tourists and zero Americans. We were two to four weeks early for their season but it was great.

Rome is fantastic. I never get tired of seeing even the regular tourist spots, Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Trajan Market, Spainish Steps, Forum, St Petes etc. One of the coolest things we did, on my birthday after dinner, about 8 of us went up to one of the parks overlooking Rome about midnight and just viewed the city from the high vantage point at night. Very cool.

My gf's father (deceased) used to work in what is now the Bulgari Shop on The Via Condotti at the foot of the Spainish Steps. Her brother still works a couple of blocks down. He took us to a couple of shops in the third and fourth stories of some of those old buildings, and we had some earrings made and I picked out some skins and had some belts made.

I personally prefer Southern Italy, Rome and below, but there are a lot of beatiful spots north in the Mountains, just not my thing. PM me b4 you plan your trip and I will get you my cell number to help you plan or answer questions.

Pekkerwood

Most of the gyms downtown are small, clubbish, and private. I was a guest at one and it was not what I was looking for at all. The metro (subway) runs to the suburbs in about 15 minutes and You can find The Sporting Village, or Sports Paridise clubs pretty easy.

I get asked most often about being a wrestler or football player.

Pekkerwood

Wow, you're not kidding about that. I was in Siena about 3,4 years ago durring the Siena horse races...The horses are not only on very large amounts of juice but I'm sure on some large doses of stimulants...maybe even adrenaline...I don't know but it was insane!!! A few died due to the speed and corners they're required to take. Of course like most things it's funded by $$$$. From what I could gather, the contrades of Siena pay off/bribe certain owners/jockey for certain out-comes to take place for the glory.
This is just my personal take from what I could gather at the time...No offense to anyone w/roots from there.

I've been to Sienna but not during the race. I go to an Italian movie on occasion here in the States and they had a documentary following the jockeying for a ride and all the "manuevering" that went on b4 the race. It seemed wild.

I went to Italy last summer with my wife. I ate so much...and with the wine and food how could anybody have regrets? My added 10lbs of fat was my favorite souvenir.

I cant wait to go back.

I have to log out to go book the tickets.:)

PW, you did have a fantastic time and you definitely know the country. Thanks so much for your generous offer too. I may get your recommendations when that time comes if that's OK...

PW, you did have a fantastic time and you definitely know the country. Thanks so much for your generous offer too. I may get your recommendations when that time comes if that's OK...

Thanks Brick, I would be happy to help, and BTW they did not ask for prescriptions in customs.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear