over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Eating 6 X's A Day

DIEZEL666

Registered
How many people here actually eat 6 or more times a day? Why is eating every 2-3 hours so beneficial? Where did these numbers come from? Don't you think there are times when more cals would be beneficial than others? Why eat so much during the day if you are just sitting at a desk?

thats the thing if im inactive,i just have me a shake unless its for more than 3-4 hrs then i need solids,6 times a day shit i eat 8-9 small meals a day small meal=one serving for me but thats just me

Nutsoe, what does "just a shake" consist of? Why do people think it is OK to eat protein by itself, but no one would ever eat carbs or fats by themselves? Also, wouldn't quality of nutrients make up for quantitiy? Just food for thought.

Started thinking about this by going through some of my notes. Some of the times of my life that I have made the best gains I was eating 2 maybe 3 times a day tops. I would eat breakfast, have work, shool, extra duty , grab a snack hit the gym. Have a shake in the locker room and then go pig out. I was making gains and was nowhere near a "positive nitrogen balance".

You are definetely someone who would be better served doing some research and becoming more educated rather then just asking for a blanket answer. If I were in your position, I'd read as many posts as you can for a month or so, and I'll bet you end up answering this question yourself. Good luck.

Queefer

I'm sorry if I phrased that wrong. I'm not looking for a blanket answer. I'm looking for people to share there thoughts and opinions on the subject. I don't need someone to lay out a meal plan for me, or tell me that " by eating every 3 hours you keep yourself in an anabolic state." I can recite these little tidbits same as anyone. I'm looking for peoples experiences and what they found when they tried different things.

Well, here's my experiences. I can eat "CLEAN" for 3 meals (no junk, good carbs, proteins and fats) anf get FAT. When I decide to get serious about losing BF, I eat 5-6x ED. This BUGS THEN HELL out of my wife - eat more (times) and lose weight (BF).

I know that you know this but eating more frequently increases your metabolism. You know they do same thing for people bedridden in hospital, always feeding them something every couple of hours.

I can't figure out what sort of different answer someone's gonna come up with?!?

xcel

Xcel

Thanks for the reply. I'm not necessarily looking for different answers, just different things people have tried. You said you eat 5-6 meals ED when leaning out. What do you consider a meal? Does this mean that all 5-6 of your meals are equal in cals? Do you eat more at certain times? This is the stuff I'm trying to find out about.

It just seems that everyone is so willing to accept that 6 meals a day is written in stone. People will agree that everyone has different thresholds for exercise and drugs, so why not food. Wouldn't it make sense that some people are hypersensitive to food and can absorb and process it better than others? This would lead to them eating less. Everyone is told to eat more food, more protein. Why not just eat the right amount?

I know one time I made great gains, and I was natural, was one off season when I played football in college. I was only eating 4 times a day, not huge meals, but pretty good sized meals. I was running 6 days a week for at least 2 hours a day (running stairs, hills, 40, 100, 200 yard sprints, agility drills) and training 5 days a week and I gained about 10-15lbs that summer and was much leaner than when I had started. I went from about 190 to 205 and LEAN. I was thinking about this once before too diezel, because looking back at that experience, I also wondered if all that food was necessary. Also, I did eat one meal just carbs...lol...after running I would eat pasta. I would never do that now, but shit, I was alot leaner then.

I had recently lost 15 lbs due to illness and I took me about a month or so to get back into the swing of things so I had cut back on my calories. I started training again and I was still taking in lower calories for the most part. I've managed to put 10 lbs back on while doing so. I'm sure some of it could be attributed to muscle memory but you still need enough calories to grow. Maybe I don't need as many calories as I thought.

JBK

Thanks. That is what I'm talking about. Do you think that all the cardio training you did helped you process your food better? How much rest were you getting?

I got your typical 7.5-8 hours a night. Now this was not a typical lifestyle for people, I worked for the first half of summer, then did nothing but get ready for camp the second half. But even with all that time, I was only getting in 4 meals a day. I have been at both ends of the spectrum, I used to eat 8 tmes a day while taking in approx. 7-8K cals a day! Now I jumped from 235 to 270 in a 3 month span...but the weight I put on when natural and eating less was of much higher quality than stuffing my face with excessive amounts of calories. I think there is validity to the point you raise, but it all depends on your goals and what is available to you (i.e. time).

6 times

I eat maybe 10 times per day, but 3 or 4 of those might be a glass of milk and a few oranges. Eating more than you burn will make you fat, not muscular. Somedays, I eat 2 or 3 times, but bigger meals and notice that I am not as energetic the NEXT few days.

Eating

I eat 6-8 meal per day. Any less than that and my Physique suffers.

Usually, no less than 7 whole food meals for me on top of two shakes(pre and post workout) when I do slack on an occasional day(off day) and only get 3 larger meals in, I can definately feel a lack of energy the next few days much like Phil described. So for me, I think my body has become accustomed to getting fuel every 2 hours or so, keeps my metabolism stoked, and I can stay somewhat lean while pounding well over 4000 cals....

I will say this, I certainly do not think 6 meals a day is written in stone, as everyone is different.....One of my lifting partners(a genetic wonder) only gets in 2-3 meals a day, no shakes and still grows like a weed...right now he is 5'7 215, less than 9%bf...I guess you just gotta find what works for ya and go with it....:)

Re: A50#

DIEZEL666 said:
What do your meals consist of? Thanks.

I have 3-4 solid meals per day (Chicken, Fish, Tuna, beef etc...and some type of carb) Then I typically have 3-4 Protein shakes thru- out the day.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws