over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eating clean- cheating makes me sick WTF

phreak

Registered
one of the big changes i have made recently has been to my diet. without getting into each meal, here is what i am eating now:

egg whites
irish oats
92% lean ground beef
ground turkey breast
chicken
sashimi tuna
white rice
brown rice
sweet potatoes
yams
white potatoes
broccoli
carrots
fish oils

...meals work out to 10oz of the lean protein, 12oz carbs, 8oz veggies. this is pretty much every meal except for breakfast where i have no veggies. it's pretty much what i eat every day with no variance.

fats are from fish oils or the beef, or the one whole egg that goes into my whites. that's it really.

i drink only water, grapefruit juice with breakfast, and have one cup of coffee a day.

i can't stress enough how good i feel on this diet. i have lost 9lbs, inches off my waist, and have actually gained size on my legs and arms. my bp is down and stamina is up.

anyways, to the point... i am allowed one cheat meal a week, whatever i want. the problem is, i can't seem to find a cheat meal that doesn't make me sick! if i eat a cheeseburger, or pizza, or anything nasty that seems to have a high percentage of dairy fat i get diarrhea, heartburn, bloating, and i generally feel like shit.

i have never had a problem with dairy before... is it possible that limiting my dairy intake has made me lactose intolerant?

it's fried foods too... the grease just does me in. it's to the point where things i used to enjoy don't seem appetizing because i know how much i will suffer after i eat it.

i'm hoping some other guys have gone through this and can give me some insight into what's happening

thanks in advance

funny thing is the same thing happens to me when i cheat, it seems like my stomach isn't used to the grease and all the high fat content of the garbage. So when we eat it only rarely it really sets off the indigestion and i feel like complete shit.

I definitely know what you mean...I consider it a good thing because it makes me want to cheat less often.

When I do eat shit like that, I try and schedule it around a nap, or something I eat right before I go to bed. The cheat meal makes me sleepy anyhow, so I try and take advantage of that feeling.

When I cheat..it's typically at a Chinese Buffet where I pick out chicken, beef, and veggies and have them grill them in front of me. Then I hit the Sushi bar.

It's not really too bad, but it tastes a lot better with them cooking it then with me cooking it!

I definitely know what you mean...I consider it a good thing because it makes me want to cheat less often.

When I do eat shit like that, I try and schedule it around a nap, or something I eat right before I go to bed. The cheat meal makes me sleepy anyhow, so I try and take advantage of that feeling.

yeah, it is a good thing in a way, because i end up not eating nasty shit at all. when i "cheat" it's usually lebanese food or something, which is lean meats, salad, rice, hummus, and some pita bread. that doesn't make me sick at all.

i went to the counter to get a cheeseburger and some sweet potato fries a few weeks ago, and had to go home and get in bed. both me and my girl were ill from it. i used to love the counter...

Same here! I can't handle crap food anymore. When my wife and I go to the movies she always wants to put the imitation butter stuff on the popcorn. It taste good for the 1st few handfuls than I feel like I'm going to puke. It comes back to haunt me after also.

I have noticed the same thing.
When I eat clean for a long period of time, my body cannot handle junk.

If I eat junk often, I get used to it, and don't have any issues. I still feel much better and healthier overall if I stick to eating clean though.

glad to hear i am not alone in this! i was beginning to think something was wrong with me.

OH- and protein bars and the like are OUT. i was at the cal last month and was too lazy to pack food before i went... of course i was starving 3 hours in so the girl at the Met-Rx booth gave me one of those BIG100 bars...

i nearly exploded after eating that thing- my stomach was bloated and i feel sorry for anyone who used that toilet after me lol. it was like a gas/diarrhea bomb was implanted in me. never again will i eat one of those...

If I even touch anything fried anymore I'm sitting on the toilet most of the next day

Do you guys notice that eating like shit really fills you up.. maybe thats why so many people eat fast food.. you can get those cheap burgers and really get full for a long time..

eating clean and sticking to a structured diet really has you prepping lots of food...

but this is what you want to do... you want to get lots of good clean foods through your body so you can grow....
seems like once your in the groove with your diet.. nothing will make you want to go off course..

Ditto - with everyone's reposne.

Dieting pretty good right now, on Sundays I like to cheat, after a lunch cheat meal i feel frikin dirty, I really do.

It tastes great, but I feel heavy and slow after.

However, a cheat meal is needed now and then to grow.

Chip

Dieting pretty good right now, on Sundays I like to cheat, after a lunch cheat meal i feel frikin dirty, I really do.

Chip
I can cheat anytime with no problems. Well the only problem i run into is I want to continue cheating. Junk food taste so freaking. Taco's Burritos....YUMMY

Chip
I can cheat anytime with no problems. Well the only problem i run into is I want to continue cheating. Junk food taste so freaking good. Taco's Burritos....YUMMY

Do you guys notice that eating like shit really fills you up.. maybe thats why so many people eat fast food.. you can get those cheap burgers and really get full for a long time..

eating clean and sticking to a structured diet really has you prepping lots of food...

but this is what you want to do... you want to get lots of good clean foods through your body so you can grow....
seems like once your in the groove with your diet.. nothing will make you want to go off course..

totally. you get positive and negative reinforcement to continue eating clean

positive- feeling great, looking great, growing from staying on the plan

negative- feeling shit, looking shit from deviating

granted the constant food prepping gets tedious, but it's worth it in the end

I'm in the same boat. I've recently cleaned up my diet significantly and feeling much better and weight is coming off despite no cardio. I've gone from about 260 to 248, and lifts are going up. I cheat once every 2 weeks. It usually occurs in the form of all you can eat sushi. I usually fill up on salmon sashimi anyway. It's the only time I will eat rice. I feel really full and uncomfortable, but it's usually not that bad.

I also have at my disposal, 90 cal popsicles. I also "cheat" with all natural PB. Hummus use to be part of my daily diet but I now use it as a cheat as well, usually with chicken breast, I go through a small container a week, I used to eat 2-3 containers per week.

Yesterday, someone offered me some chinese food. It's a little complicated but in order to be nice I accepted to try the pineapple chicken. I took one ball, bit into it and threw the rest out when he wasn't looking. I felt instantly nauseous, like something foreign invaded my body. I couldn't imagine what would have happened if I ate 3 of these disgusting balls of shit. I would have been throwing up if I had eaten what he or his girlfriend ate. No question.

On one of my bi-weekly cheats, I ate a bag of Kettle brand potato chips!!! Are they ever good! Halfway through the bag, I got dizzy and couldn't eat any more. I was sick the rest of the night and tossed the rest.

I think this is pretty much the "norm" for those of us who truly eat clean all week

Cheat foods make me feel like total crap after I eat them. Its like putting shitty old leaded fuel from your spare gas can in your brand new ferrari. That fucker needs Premium

Your body probably adapted to only getting good wholesome foods, so your cheat meals might really catch it off guard.

I went through an extended BMT due to injury, so the food I had for months had no seasonings, spices, etc. My first meal outside my squadron was in the airport, and was McDonald's. I was in the restroom several times for most of the flight home.

Maybe just ease your way into more seasonings, spices or grease.

If I eat too much sugar on the weekends this always happens to me. It's as if the body losses it's tolerance to certain "poisons" when you quit taking them for an extended period of time.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131