over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ejection Fraction of 15

topfuel

Registered
I just got a call from my Cardiologist office and they said that my hearts ejection fraction was worse and at 15. They told me I shouldn't lift anymore and they want to put me on a whole host of drugs. I feel great and my training is going well. Has anyone had this experience?

I just got a call from my Cardiologist office and they said that my hearts ejection fraction was worse and at 15. They told me I shouldn't lift anymore and they want to put me on a whole host of drugs. I feel great and my training is going well. Has anyone had this experience?

Yes. Me. I don't know if you are familiar with my case or not. If not, here is the link to look at : http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...heart-attack-age-38-follow-up-phils-post.html

My EF is about 20%. Do you have a defibrillator now? I would think you must certainly have one because protocol calls for one when it is below 30%. Did you have a heart attack like me?

If yours is idiopathic cardiomyopathy then they don't know what caused it. I had that once but mine was only down to 35% with that and it recovered back up to about 60% after I got off all steroids for about 11 months. I recommend that you get off everything now if you are taking anything. Go on a doc. prescribed HRT if your natural test levels don't come back.

I just about killed myself one night squatting after my heart attack. At the time I didn't have the defibrillator and wasn't on a beta blocker. What can happen is really fast uncontrollable tachycardia where you heart beats so fast that it goes into ventricular fibrillation and then you die. I went into V Fib, but luckily we had called 911 and they were able to shock my heart back after it stopped beating. An EF of 15% is some serious shit IMO. I wouldn't do any exercise if you don't have a defibrillator now. If you do have one and are on a beta blocker then you can but have to take it easy.

You are at a bad risk of sudden cardiac death. Be careful please.

Im not a doctor and don't know how people usually get treated for this (see maldorf's post), but I do know what OTC supplements are supposed to be slam dunks as far as helping the EF improve though.

Ubiquinol
Pycnogenol
Ribose
Arjuna

I'd megadose those ASAP

Im not a doctor and don't know how people usually get treated for this (see maldorf's post), but I do know what OTC supplements are supposed to be slam dunks as far as helping the EF improve though.

Ubiquinol
Pycnogenol
Ribose
Arjuna

I'd megadose those ASAP

advising "mega-dosing" supplements to a guy who could die of a heart attack at any moment :rolleyes:

You need to listen to your cardiologist. Normal EF is about 60%...mild decrease is 35% to 50%, moderate decrease is 25% to 35% and severe decrease is below 25%...your mortality is at stake despite how you feel!

Friend I'm very sorry to hear the news. What you have is very serious. Usually anything less than 20% EF in a lot of cases leads to a heart transplant or VAD placement as a bridge until you get a transplant.

This is so ignorant, it doesn't even deserve a reply.

You're right, you're not a doctor and don't know how it should be treated. So you're the ignorant one.

EF of 15% would be end stage systolic heart failure.

If he doesn't want to die he should do what his cardiologist says and only what his cardiologist says. And if he happens to disagree than he should go seek a second opinion from a different cardiologist not an anonymous message board doctor with zero medical training.

Wonderful, I post four supplements that have been proven by science to improve ejection fraction significantly in humans and get crucified by the "supplements are useless and doctors know everything" crew. Hopefully a moderator can clean this thread up so we can focus on helping the thread starter.

Wonderful, I post four supplements that have been proven by science to improve ejection fraction significantly in humans and get crucified by the "supplements are useless and doctors know everything" crew. Hopefully a moderator can clean this thread up so we can focus on helping the thread starter.

No one has said that "supplements are useless and doctors know everything". What was said is that YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR and shouldn't be giving medical advise to someone with a SERIOUS medical issue. You can tout the benefits of those supplements all you want but to advise someone to take any supplements without the benefit of knowing virtually anything about his situation is just plain wrong regardless if it is done with good intentions.

No one has said that "supplements are useless and doctors know everything". What was said is that YOU ARE NOT A DOCTOR and shouldn't be giving medical advise to someone with a SERIOUS medical issue. You can tout the benefits of those supplements all you want but to advise someone to take any supplements without the benefit of knowing virtually anything about his situation is just plain wrong regardless if it is done with good intentions.

Personally. If it were me and my EF was 15, I wouldn't give a dam about other side effects if the healthy supplements were proven to improve EF. I'd choose my own life over a little diarrhea and a headache (which aren't even their side effects by the way). Especially since 99% of doctors probably never even heard of those (except possibly ubiquinol).

Don't take it so personal. As someone with personal experience and working in this arena a 15% EF is not low....it's...get you to the ED, on mess, and get you a defibrillator because your life is in imenent danger.

What you posted isn't per say wrong but he needs serious, acute, medical triage to ensure he lives. After my father went into cardiac arrest for instance post getting his defib put in his cardiologist also recommend some supplements you posted. But that was after this life was stable and part of his longterm plan.

This man needs acute medical care and attention to live. Those supplements may be a good part of his longterm plan but that is really where his focus should be at this moment.

Personally. If it were me and my EF was 15, I wouldn't give a dam about other side effects if the healthy supplements were proven to improve EF. I'd choose my own life over a little diarrhea and a headache (which aren't even their side effects by the way). Especially since 99% of doctors probably never even heard of those (except possibly ubiquinol).

I don't think you understand the kind of immediate danger the OP is in. This isn't like having cholesterol of 300 or an hdl of 5. This is "you could go into cardiac arrest any second" kind of danger. When people are under 35% and especially 25% EF they usually get very frantic calls from their cardiologist.

In this case the side effect could be death. Your post is misguided.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Don't take it so personal. As someone with personal experience and working in this arena a 15% EF is not low....it's...get you to the ED, on mess, and get you a defibrillator because your life is in imenent danger.

What you posted isn't per say wrong but he needs serious, acute, medical triage to ensure he lives. After my father went into cardiac arrest for instance post getting his defib put in his cardiologist also recommend some supplements you posted. But that was after this life was stable and part of his longterm plan.

This man needs acute medical care and attention to live. Those supplements may be a good part of his longterm plan but that is really where his focus should be at this moment.

I don't think you understand the kind of immediate danger the OP is in. This isn't like having cholesterol of 300 or an hdl of 5. This is "you could go into cardiac arrest any second" kind of danger. When people are under 35% and especially 25% EF they usually get very frantic calls from their cardiologist.

I couldn't even imagine where my mind would be if I was told that was my ejection fraction. I'm paranoid if I even see a systolic blood pressure reading above 115 after going through what I went through personally. That being said, I very much understand the immediate danger here as this is something I've spent a decent amount of time online researching. While I didn't research the treatments options if it got that low, I figured I'd post what I knew was proven to help a low EF. I'm honestly shocked how much I got flamed for that as my intentions were nothing but good and I didn't recommend anything that carried any risks. The guy came here for any type of help he could get, so I found that it was my moral obligation to share my information. I never told him not to listen to his cardiologist and that supplements should replace the real treatment. Supplements are only there to supplement the treatment.

In this case the side effect could be death. Your post is misguided.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The side effect could be death if he doesn't take them.

Ok...everybody stop. In knowing nothuman, his intention wasn't to have the OP NOT seek immediate medical attention from his cardiologist and use supplements. He was just letting him know that the supplements listed have been found to help with EF.

To the OP...an EF of 15 is life threatening. Get to your cardiologist ASAP!

I'm out of here as I've said my two cents. All I know is I would do whatever treatment I'm supposed to do and try those supplements in addition because it's more likely they will help than hurt.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131