over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

EliteXC - Saturday Night Fights//CBS - Kimbo

Rob Roy

Featured Member/KiloKlub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
EliteXC "Saturday Night Fights" on 5/31/08 - Fight Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EliteXC "Saturday Night Fights" on CBS
May 31, 2008
Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey

Main Card (telecast live on CBS Television Network):
-Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. James Thompson
-Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith
-Gina Carano vs. Kaitlin Young
-Phil Baroni vs. Joey Villasenor
-Brett Rogers vs. Jon Murphy

Preliminary Card (live stream on CBSSports.com):
-Wilson Reis vs. Justin Robbins
-Nick Serra vs. Matt Makowski
-Chris Liguori vs. Jim Bova
-James “Binky” Jones vs. Calvin Kattar
-Zach Makovsky vs. Andre Soares
-Mike Groves vs. Joe Sampieri
-Carlton Haselrig vs. Carlos Moreno

I'm lookin forward to the Lawler vs. Smith barn burner. They're both crazy and throw everything they have.
Kimbo will toast Thompson. Thompson will gas in 45 sec. or less, if it goes that long.

I agree the Lawler/Smith fight will be awesome. I've also never seen Gina fight live and I'm looking forward to seeing that as well.

I'm leaving to go there in about an hour, can't wait to see it live.

What time does it start. I forgot all about his. Thanks for the reminder RobRoy!

PS That website up yet?

I'm really looking forward to Kimbo someday facing a decent fighter, so we can all see if he has any ground game.

I'm really looking forward to Kimbo someday facing a decent fighter, so we can all see if he has any ground game.

Just remember one thing, Tank look invincible too, until he started fighting the best out there, with a well rounded fight game.:rolleyes:

Kimbo got exposed by someone in Thompson who has not much ground game himself. Kimbo admits he has a long way to go, but who is he going to fight next?

Felt bad for Smith

Pretty good for a free card.

I had a good time @ the fight I saw a lot of u meatheads there. Kimbo sux i can beat him & Baroni @ the same time. Baroni should give up fighting & stick to bodybuilding

Wow that was pretty embarrasing wasnt it?

I dont understand the New Jersey crowd booing Lawler and Smith....I was sitting there watching a great fight of 2 guys sizing each other up and looking for opportunities and the crowd is booing?!?!?! Anyone else think the crowd has absolutely no idea at all of whats going on in an MMA fight?

As far as the kimbo fight---I feel bad for him on one hand because i do believe one or two more punches and Thompson was gone in the 3rd round and people would of said "Well kimbo needs to work on his ground game badly but he did have the heart to come back and take Thompson out like a light with punches in round three"...but he got robbed of that by the referee. I was shocked though....after working with Bas Rutten I thought Kimbo would have alot of the ground game covered...and he looked like a deer in the headlights on the mat at times.

Tough call at the end of round 2...something like 12 straight elbows but they really werent inflicting damage...they were light shots...but ive seen lesser names get fights stopped on them in the same situation.

It was really an embarrasing night for MMA....

EliteXC "Saturday Night Fights" on 5/31/08 - Fight Card

I'm lookin forward to the Lawler vs. Smith barn burner. They're both crazy and throw everything they have.

What a fight! Crappy how it ended, but the do need to protect the fighters. The next time they meet will be even more exciting.

I love when two guys to toe to toe and just pound each other! Both guys took a beating!

kimbos fight have to be fixed.. that was horrible... how in the hell at the end of 5 minutes is either fighter NOT sweating???? it looked like Thompsons punches and elbows would not of dented a baloon, how you have a guy PINNED down againt the cage, and dont dig deep and fire elbows is beyond me, and the time where he kicked kimbos leg and he almost went down...he ran at him...DID HE THROW A KNOCKOUT PUNCH>>> NO, goes for the take down, and lands on his back.......all his fights look fishy, i think they wanted this one to go more than 40secs for once?

embarassing....ill fight either one of them for $30000

phats

Did they show the Gina Carano fight on TV??? That was by far the best fight of the night.

I never saw a MMA event with so many ghetto ass people though. Newark + Kimbo = ghetto crowd I guess lol

Crappy fights, with guys that don't have the same skills as UFC fighters. I am convinced, Kimbo would not be able to beat the best in the world.

The crowd was not booing Lawler & Smith the booing was towards the officials who stopped the fight. Anytime there is a lull in the action there are always going to be boo's especially when both fighter's are known to press the action. The crowd had a great respect for both fighters

This was a historical event for the sport going primetime and Elite Xc promoters were handing out Kick Ass Kimbo signs to everyone in the venue. Showtime/CBS banked on Kimbo big time.

Last edited:
The crowd was not booing Lawler & Smith the booing was towards the officials who stopped the fight. Anytime there is a lull in the action there are always going to be boo's especially when both fighter's are known to press the action. The crowd had a great respect for both fighters

This was a historical event for the sport going primetime and Elite Xc promoters were handing out Kick Ass Kimbo signs to everyone in the venue. Showtime/CBS banked on Kimbo big time.

If you can find it on youtube--listen to the first round again...the crowd pretty much booed throughout the first round...im not talking about the stoppage....im talking all the way thru the first round

Last edited:
I dont know if the tv cameras caught it but Kimbo tapped when he was stuck in the guillotine. Also Thompsons ear was about to explode before the fight even started and I would bet if there was not so much riding on that fight any other fighter would not have been cleared to fight

If you can find it on youtube--listen to the first round again...the crowd pretty much booed throughout the first round...im not talking about the stoppage....im talking all the way thru the first round

l was there on the floor I heard it loud and clear but with fighters like this u expect nonstop bombs dropping. Yes Jersey fans are relentless and unforgiving and we will boo our own teams if they dont perform to our expectations

I dont know if the tv cameras caught it but Kimbo tapped when he was stuck in the guillotine. Also Thompsons ear was about to explode before the fight even started and I would bet if there was not so much riding on that fight any other fighter would not have been cleared to fight

they caught it but they caught him doing a thumbs up saying he was ok (or thats what the announcers said)

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner