over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Evan Centopani talks IIFYM

I completely agree, same thing I keep telling people that come up
To me with this iifym crap.

Fructose won't be stored as far if you're in a calorie deficit.. I'm not completely with iifym but I just ate 2 ice cream sammiches instead of my white rice.. Did it fit in my macros? Hell yea and it was damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fructose won't be stored as far if you're in a calorie deficit.. I'm not completely with iifym but I just ate 2 ice cream sammiches instead of my white rice.. Did it fit in my macros? Hell yea and it was damn good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true, I find bulking is more important to eat the foods that partition better as there's no lew way with the deficit. I still do the rice,chicken breast and fruit thing cutting though as I find it much easier to stick to as im more full up and ice cream just opens the flood gates for me

Last edited:
There is only so much fructose the liver can handle before it spills over. From what I've always known for decades fructose doesn't get into the muscles just liver and then spills over into triglycerides. I've been avoiding fructose like the plague since the 90s when I started playing with Keto diets.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3592616

Interesting comment found here. **broken link removed**

The pathways that these two sugars take once in the body are much different. Fructose goes into the liver to replenish glycogen levels and once these are full it goes into fat storage. Glucose goes into the blood stream (spiking insulin) goes to the brain for fuel, then into the muscles to replenish glycogen stores, and then goes to fat storage. Although that was a simplified version, you can see how fructose is more likely to become fat. The liver in the average adult male can store roughly 90g of fructose in the form of glycogen. The muscles in the average adult male can store around 250g-400g but is dependant on the amount of muscle one has.

Muscle lacks the enzymes to convert fructose into glycogen so to top off muscle stores and aid in muscle recovery fructose is useless. Even if you muscles are depleted after a hard workout and you are ingesting fruit or a fruit juice, your muscles will still be depleted. Glucose will replenish your muscles as well as your liver if it is needed, but it goes to the muscles first. Muscles deplete their glycogen levels before the liver does. The liver will not be depleted unless you are training at a very high intensity for a relatively long period of time and are not ingesting any carbs. For the most part, most people even if lifting heavy and intensely, will not deplete their liver glycogen stores, unless they are working out on an empty stomach. This is why fructose post workout really is not doing anything more then being stored as fat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

evan is great. met him a bunch of times because he lives in a town close to me. real nice guy. he recommended a doctor to me and that guy is great. evan is always willing to help.

I think Bodybuilders take the IIFYM, like most other things, as an all or nothing approach too extreme... Its always compared like- twislers aren't a potato... or that someone is going to eat starbursts all day for their carbs... IIFYM to ME just means slight switches of foods... Instead of potatos and EVO sometimes ill eat corn bread muffins and butter.... instead of chicken breast and rice, maybe a chicken parm sub.... eggs and oatmeal, may turn to eggs and pancakes w syrup... I only bulk so these switches help me keep appetite and get in more cals... are the "cleaner" options better? I'm sure...and if i was dieting id use them more often as well... but this works for me and allows me to have fun eating without feeling like a chore all the time...

I think Bodybuilders take the IIFYM, like most other things, as an all or nothing approach too extreme... Its always compared like- twislers aren't a potato... or that someone is going to eat starbursts all day for their carbs... IIFYM to ME just means slight switches of foods... Instead of potatos and EVO sometimes ill eat corn bread muffins and butter.... instead of chicken breast and rice, maybe a chicken parm sub.... eggs and oatmeal, may turn to eggs and pancakes w syrup... I only bulk so these switches help me keep appetite and get in more cals... are the "cleaner" options better? I'm sure...and if i was dieting id use them more often as well... but this works for me and allows me to have fun eating without feeling like a chore all the time...

This is applying it sensibly, sadly something most do not seen to do. Only reason I don't swap for nicer foods sometimes is I need my food to be somewhat bland. It needs to be something I do not something I enjoy too much . Although I do enjoy chicken rice and bannana but not so much I start binging. I've got a real problem with enjoyable foods. It's lead to 7000 calorie bigots at times. Jars of pnb and boxes of cerial just disappear down my throat. Im in such a better place mentally and phsicly now I've got that shit in control. A cheat meal if im hungry these days is a tin of boiled potatoes and a small steak or a small sweet potato with tuna Or Greek yogurt and protein powder, that storey of thing. I've really learnt to enjoy these things too

The secret with those dirty carbs/sugars etc for me at least is have a big snack or cheat whatever but that's it...one and done. You start making it too many in the day and you spill over.

I look great after being strict for a week then having Chinese and nothing else after dinner. Next morning it's all veins.

This sums it up perferctly. IIFYM was a response to endless amounts of newbies on forums asking if it was ok to have oatmeal instead of brown rice even though brown rice is on their sacred meal plan... or people freaking out because they had a cup of fruity pebbles thinking they are going to get fat over night. It was not meant to be a way to justify eating nothing but bacon and cereal all day as long as it hits your macros.

Thanks NY Muscle, I enjoyed reading that and to shed more light on the differences.

Thanks. Just found out what IIFYM was. I always thought it was some kind of intermittent fasting.

It's funny how people's perception of clean has morphed over the last few years as well.

Some of the same people bashing IIFYM were the ones saying you HAVE to eat brown rice, sweet potatoes, oats etc yet now will eat white rice, white potatoes, cream of rice, etc. What happened there?

I'm all for IIFYM if implemented as intended, especially for the non competitor. It's somewhat self regulating. If you have 200g of carbs and a 40g fiber target you can't hit this via gummy worms, or pop tarts.

If I was getting ready for the Olympia, that's a different story. Even if it makes no difference, for the chance it did impede condition I'd not chance it.

The secret with those dirty carbs/sugars etc for me at least is have a big snack or cheat whatever but that's it...one and done. You start making it too many in the day and you spill over.

I look great after being strict for a week then having Chinese and nothing else after dinner. Next morning it's all veins.

You are spot on with the previous fructose post and with this... one and done. If I have some sorbet or gelato, it is a nice big serving, then I am done. No all day binging. Just a little treat here or there in the offseason... Some weekends we'll go out for a nice 4-5 course dinner, but it is one meal...then back to normal when hunger returns

You are spot on with the previous fructose post and with this... one and done. If I have some sorbet or gelato, it is a nice big serving, then I am done. No all day binging. Just a little treat here or there in the offseason... Some weekends we'll go out for a nice 4-5 course dinner, but it is one meal...then back to normal when hunger returns

I found what works great for me. It's fried rice and hibachi chicken. All that sodium and as well as carbs from the rice jacks my veins up.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity