over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Evan Centopani talks IIFYM

wouldn't it be great to have a Mr. Olympia like Evan (or like Jay was)? I assume phil has a great wealth of knowledge but he spews some total nonsense in web videos ive seen.

I found what works great for me. It's fried rice and hibachi chicken. All that sodium and as well as carbs from the rice jacks my veins up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I skip the fried rice, but do the hibachi plus extra sushi with it... I'll get 3-4 rolls and the hibachi and add some soy sauce to the steamed rice.

This was actually how I carbed up the past 3 shows I did, but I watched the soy sauce amount a little closer

I posted this in another thread.. you are welcome :)

Simply Scrumptous : Low Carb Food, Low Calorie Food, Low Carb Bread

IT. IS. ON.

That site has some winners!

Thanks mental and NYMuscle I've always done a couple of cheat meals on Sunday and always spill over now I know why.

I skip the fried rice, but do the hibachi plus extra sushi with it... I'll get 3-4 rolls and the hibachi and add some soy sauce to the steamed rice.

This was actually how I carbed up the past 3 shows I did, but I watched the soy sauce amount a little closer

IT. IS. ON.

That site has some winners!

My all you can eat sushi spot closed down back in October, I was freaking heart broken when I pulled up and realized they were no longer open. Felt worst than when my ex told me to get out lol.

When it comes to cheats, I have to be careful, sometimes I let my common sense go out the window and say "well tomorrow I'll be extra strick" Very bad habit of mine.

About fructose:

**broken link removed**

Pretty bad write up he did. He's talking fructose and its role insulin spiking and related stuff. Unfortunately that's not what we are taking about. Matter of fact we know fructose doesn't raise insulin much (bad news for bodybuilders who time their insulin spike) . So he's really discussing irrelevant nonsense.

And he either is unaware of (or is a smart guy and knows how to avoid the subject) but your body can only do so much with fructose. That is why it can make us fat (which he conveniently avoided talking about) the scientific fact he refused to dsixuss. Your muscles have no use for fructose.

Another reason I don't read anything that guy writes.

Some of the same people bashing IIFYM were the ones saying you HAVE to eat brown rice, sweet potatoes, oats etc yet now will eat white rice, white potatoes, cream of rice, etc. What happened there?

Yea you caught me,that's me lol. I used to be a big beliver in the brown rice, oats, sweet potato but these days apart from fruit im all white carbs. White rice,boiled white potatoes not a great deal of fibre other than fruit. Just turns out that's what works best for me. Brown rice and slow carbs i just can't get on top of hunger or cravings. Same macros in white rice and white potato i feel full and energised and not thinking about food all day. I think for me I just need the insulin/leptin response from the higher gi lower fibre foods. Any diet you can stick to without torturing yourself is the best one Imo. I would never advice someone to follow my diet though as it's tailored to me and my metabolic and mental needs.

I did IIFYM a couple times. First time I lost weight but looking back at old pics wow was I scrawny as all hell!

next time I modified it a to where Id have small pro/fats meals 2-3 times then i would enjoy myself a bit. It fit into my social life well and I didnt feel like i was wasting muscle away.

The secret with those dirty carbs/sugars etc for me at least is have a big snack or cheat whatever but that's it...one and done. You start making it too many in the day and you spill over.

I look great after being strict for a week then having Chinese and nothing else after dinner. Next morning it's all veins.

This is what I found too. My weakness is once I eat to much "junK' I want more junk so a meal then turns into a mean and something sweet, maybe a few drinks.

Pretty bad write up he did. He's talking fructose and its role insulin spiking and related stuff. Unfortunately that's not what we are taking about. Matter of fact we know fructose doesn't raise insulin much (bad news for bodybuilders who time their insulin spike) . So he's really discussing irrelevant nonsense.

And he either is unaware of (or is a smart guy and knows how to avoid the subject) but your body can only do so much with fructose. That is why it can make us fat (which he conveniently avoided talking about) the scientific fact he refused to dsixuss. Your muscles have no use for fructose.

Another reason I don't read anything that guy writes.

Do Fructose and Fruit Make You Fat and Unhealthy? | Muscle For Life

I eat for breakfast about 25-30 oz. fruits with omlette everyday and i'm shredded ( my pics in Member's Photos Board ).

I don't know how many times I have to post it up, but eating 'some' to 'moderate' amounts of fructose is fine and can actually be beneficial, but too much is a bad thing. Being in a caloric deficit will also help.

So how much is too much? :) 20 bananas a day? 40 apples a day?

Evan is such a class act. Favorite bodybuilder ever.

You are spot on with the previous fructose post and with this... one and done. If I have some sorbet or gelato, it is a nice big serving, then I am done. No all day binging. Just a little treat here or there in the offseason... Some weekends we'll go out for a nice 4-5 course dinner, but it is one meal...then back to normal when hunger returns

See, this is where we are all different. I can't have a gelato and then shut it down for the day. To me, that is mentally miserable so I would never be able to do IIFYM. One bite, and I end up binging 10k calories without any self control. This is why I have to eat 100% clean or else my diet will be tons and tons of junk food. I'm fairly certain I have an eating disorder (BED, look it up) that bodybuilding helped trigger, so when some people gain mental satisfaction from a small "treat", I become miserable from it.

Nvm. Re-read.

Thats because you are eating within the threshold. Eat too much fructose and it gets stored as fat. There is no way around it. I eat pop tarts and I'm losing 1 lb of fat per week. It's called moderation.

I understand You :) In Your opinion how much is too much fruits/fructose?

This is my everyday portion of fruits to my breakfast ( eggs, whey, oatmeal, fruits, coffee ):

1 banana, 1 apple, 3 tangerines, 1 kiwi, 1 peach, 2 slices of pineaple, 1 cup of strawberries

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

This is my everyday portion of fruits to my breakfast ( eggs, whey, oatmeal, fruits, coffee ):

1 banana, 1 apple, 3 tangerines, 1 kiwi, 1 peach, 2 slices of pineaple, 1 cup of strawberries

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

That looks fucking tasty but wayyyyg too much for me. I'm just not a fan of consuming a lot of carbs and when I do I don't want them to be carbs that are useless to my muscles. Not saying you will get fat from all that but I'd much rather have oats than all that.

See, this is where we are all different. I can't have a gelato and then shut it down for the day. To me, that is mentally. miserable so I would never be able to do IIFYM. One bite, and I end up binging 10k calories without any self control. This is why I have to eat 100% clean or else my diet will be tons and tons of junk food. I'm fairly certain I have an eating disorder (BED, look it up) that bodybuilding helped trigger, so when some people gain mental satisfaction from a small "treat", I become miserable from it.

Fuck me,your living my life. People think I'm being anal when I turn down that one slice of cake and stuff but this is my exact reason. One treat,big binge,beat my self up mentally, try to undo damage, repeat.My treat these days is the 5g chunk of coconut oil I burry in my bowls of rice and chicken lol. Even bulking if I go outside my macros is a tin of boiled potatoes or a small sweet potato with tuna Or something. Even if i go well over macros im totaly in control next day and i just took in extra protein and complex carbs. I've eating no junk since Christmas and not missed it. I feel so much better mentally now im in control and my physique is starting to reflect it. I have all the symptoms of bed and like you it was bought on by bodybuilding, more specificly I hired a prep coach and he put me on low carb and ive never recovered. Glad we both seem to be on the right track. Just remind yourself when your tempted you don't deserve the shity aftermath it will lead to and you don't deserve the fucking love handles that come with it. for too long I had the mindset I've done well this week,I deserve a treat.

Last edited:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Your never going to be vitamin deficient lol. I know vegans that eat way more than that daily and there skinny as fuck. There is something about fruit that just keeps you lean despite the fructose. Very hard to over eat due to the low calorie content and high fibre i guess.Phill hernon had his guys use it as there main carb source. Too much fibre for me, if be to bloated but personally I think your eating damn well. The mirror will tell you it's too much imo.

Actually it looks more in the photo than you list so yea,I'd eat up lol. My mouths watering looking at that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity