over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experienced users of metformin and or berberine

Never have EVER. Now on trace carbs for 10-12 days do I feel flat and tired training? hell yes but not do to met.

Metformin builds up in you so the liver inhibition is on going thought therapy.

Only "timed" part is with meals it will block some of the absorption of carbs.

AND NEVER WILL ...which is why its very comical when you see people peddling supplemental alternatives saying "watch out though this stuff is so strong you might go hypo...ummm NO you won't...unless you are concurrently shooting insulin ... its supplement marketing 101..."beware the drug like side effects" ... like sheep to the slaughter 1000's of people rush out and buy it. I am not knocking anyone in the industry , they all have to make a living...there are plenty of people out there for them to make their money on, I would suggest not being one of them. Metformin is dirt cheap and very easily obtained and will without a doubt improve your health dramatically and likely prolong your life while simultaneously warding off a huge assortment of diseases.

In plain English, does this mean that if combining berberine with aromasin, your estrogen levels will get lowered

By combining the two together berberine slows the action of exmestane to lower estradiol.

and, as such, people will probably have to increase the aromasin dose
No don't do that, reread my previous post.

After, they get off the berberine, the aromasin dose might be too high and again, it will need to get adjusted. This will create peaks of higher/lower estrogen levels and this is why berberine and aromasin are not a good idea to run together??

No, more than likely your estradiol will be low after stopping berberine.

A more specific response would be time and duration of either drug/supplement. Each share different half-life's, exmestane being a bit longer.

Last edited:
Stewie, do you see any benefit in using insulin with Metformin and/or Berberine?

My thought here is to increase insulin sensitivity using Metformin and/or Berberine which in turn means being able to use less insulin and but still see good results?

I asked this question in the thread where you and Mike Arnold were debating but I don't think anyone noticed it lol.

Stewie, do you see any benefit in using insulin with Metformin and/or Berberine?

My thought here is to increase insulin sensitivity using Metformin and/or Berberine which in turn means being able to use less insulin and but still see good results?

I asked this question in the thread where you and Mike Arnold were debating but I don't think anyone noticed it lol.

I'm totally with you but are you taking about using them together or staggered therapy? I stagger them but am curios to hear if people use them together and why?

I'm curious if metformin can help with appetite control seeing as when insulin is released a cascade of events happen which trigger hunger. I'm currently doing carbs only pre and post workout, with the post workout meal I can't for the life of me shut off my hunger "large insulin spike"I added some metformin last night and this seemed to really help not sure if it's just a placebo effect or if there really is something to this any merit to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm totally with you but are you taking about using them together or staggered therapy? I stagger them but am curios to hear if people use them together and why?

Using them together mate. Using them staggered is the most common approach but I've been using Metformin and Berberine for a while now and have had no issues growing.

I'm thinking what if I now throw in small dose of insulin into the mix. I'm thinking 4iu-6iu pre or post-workout.

As Metformin and Berberine increase insulin sensitivity, I'd imagine 4iu-6iu would work great. Won't need to pump in massive amounts of insulin like some people do.

I'm curious if metformin can help with appetite control seeing as when insulin is released a cascade of events happen which trigger hunger. I'm currently doing carbs only pre and post workout, with the post workout meal I can't for the life of me shut off my hunger "large insulin spike"I added some metformin last night and this seemed to really help not sure if it's just a placebo effect or if there really is something to this any merit to this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metformin for me does nothing when it comes to appetite. Doesn't suppress/kill it nor does it enhance it.

I'm the same as you though mate. My post-workout meal just makes me even more ravenous. I tend to eat my "post-post" workout meal 60-90 minutes after my post-workout meal simply because I'm starving again. I don't think it's psychological either as my stomach starts rumbling like crazy lol.

Kinda of a senseless debate, huh:)

I would stagger them. The only time that I'd use metformin in conjunction with slin (although I don't use slin) is if on your days you are not using slin. Check your postprandial glucose one hour and two hours post high carb meal.

If at one hour your postprandial glucose is greater than140 mg/dL. Or if at two hours your postprandial is greater than 120 mg/dL. Or fasting over 100 mg/dL. Then I'd use metformin. Chronically elevated glucose levels are definitely not healthy.

When checking your glucose, try not to squeeze the blood out of your finger. As well thoroughly clean your finger. A lot of people just poke and test. Both of these methods can give false readings.

Agreed. I'd stagger, unless my postprandial glucose on non slin days was high.

Again, I don't use slin. If I did this is what I'd do.

Last edited:
Kinda of a senseless debate, huh:)

Agreed. I'd stagger, unless my postprandial glucose on non slin days was high.

Again, I don't use slin. If I did this is what I'd do.

I'm surprised to hear that mate. Any reason why you don't use insulin? You look pretty jacked in your avi and you seem like a very knowledgeable individual which automatically made me think you must use insulin lol.

Your debate with Mike started off well but that thread eventually lost it's purpose which is a shame really.

I'm surprised to hear that mate. Any reason why you don't use insulin? You look pretty jacked in your avi and you seem like a very knowledgeable individual which automatically made me think you must use insulin lol.

Your debate with Mike started off well but that thread eventually lost it's purpose which is a shame really.

That avi is of a 50 year old shriveled up old man :)

I'm not a bodybuilder, therefore I have no need to use slin.
Sure some noncompetitive athletes use slin for aesthetic purposes, yet I find no need to.

My area of interest on topics such as this varys greatly. Not that it means a lot, I'm working towards being a P.A. I have a little understanding on bio, physio, chem, etc. Not much tho. :)

And yes it did go off topic.

Using them together mate. Using them staggered is the most common approach but I've been using Metformin and Berberine for a while now and have had no issues growing.

I'm thinking what if I now throw in small dose of insulin into the mix. I'm thinking 4iu-6iu pre or post-workout.

As Metformin and Berberine increase insulin sensitivity, I'd imagine 4iu-6iu would work great. Won't need to pump in massive amounts of insulin like some people do.

Do you use both berberine and metformin together or either one or the other?

That avi is of a 50 year old shriveled up old man :)

I'm not a bodybuilder, therefore I have no need to use slin.
Sure some noncompetitive athletes use slin for aesthetic purposes, yet I find no need to.

My area of interest on topics such as this varys greatly. Not that it means a lot, I'm working towards being a P.A. I have a little understanding on bio, physio, chem, etc. Not much tho. :)

And yes it did go off topic.

If I look like that at 50 I'd be over the moon lol.

I'm a competitive bodybuilder based in the UK though still in the amateur ranks. I've used insulin a few times but can't seem to find the perfect protocol for my body.

I'm 6ft tall and naturally have a very aesthetically pleasing physique with a small waist and full muscle bellies. I don't want to ruin what I have so have been conservative with my insulin usage and have never ran it for prolonged periods of time.

The main issue I have with insulin is that when I use it pre-workout, I feel incredibly bloated even if I use a small dose and consume only 20-30g of HBCD intra-workout. I've read this has something to do with how insulin pulls water into the gut. I get horrible distention which takes a few hours to subside.

When I use insulin post-workout, my appetite is uncontrollable. I literally want to eat the world. It's as if the off-switch which should tell my body you're now satiated switches off.

I've not used insulin for a while now and I'm thinking is it even worth it but at the back of mind I can't help but think if I can nail the protocol for my body, I can grow at a faster rate.

Do you use both berberine and metformin together or either one or the other?

Both together mate.

- 1000mg Metformin SR (slow release) with breakfast which consists of carbs.
- Berberine, ALA, Chromium and AD Matador with carb meals through the day.

I'm with you but it increases insulin sensitivity by you not secreting it as much while on met or B...so if you are taking slin and met or B together do you get that benefit?
I don't see any benefit. Stewie has a point but for me its just another factor to screw up how I have used slin in the past. Doesn't make it right or the best.

Last edited:
AMPK activators or suppose be antiaging in effect and metaformin last couple years has new studies showing it works through AMPK activation.

That leads me to believe I should start dosing it daily.

Especially if getting older and planning to take HGH replacement for probably rest of life metaformin would be good idea with the HGH.

Last edited:
A question than guys, i know a few of you have said you use or have used MD GDA or johns new prime nutrition GDA, when he was giving out his Injectable L-carnitine protocol he said he takes 2 of his GDA pre workout with his 10 ius of humalog.

Is that something that is worth doing while running pre workout slin(without L-carnitine). Or would i be fucking with the nutrient shuttling of slin by taking the GDA with it?

I'm with you but it increases insulin sensitivity by you not secreting it as much while on met or B...so if you are taking slin and met or B together do you get that benefit?
I don't see any benefit. Stewie has a point but for me its just another factor to screw up how I have used slin in the past. Doesn't make it right or the best.

Hi Lex,

Well here is what it says about Metformin...

Metformin’s main action is to decrease the overproduction of glucose by the liver, a common problem in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. The action of metformin helps lower blood sugar levels particularly during the night to keep fasting glucose levels under control, but it also helps control blood glucose throughout the day. Metformin also increases the uptake of glucose by your muscles. Overall, metformin decreases insulin resistance and improves insulin sensitivity, thereby helping the insulin your body still makes work more effectively.

If Metformin increases the uptake of glucose by your muscles and increases insulin sensitivity, wouldn't using it alongside exogenous insulin be an awesome stack for muscle building?

Diabetics who use Metformin can drastically drop the amount of insulin they need to administer so doesn't that mean we can successfully use Metformin and small doses of insulin (4-6iu) and see awesome results as opposed to using no Metformin and having to use large volumes of insulin?

When I run slin use metformin 800mg 2 times a day (morning and prew) to maintain a good insulin sensitivity.
In cutting diet took 450mg 3 x day to maintain low glucose, in offseason simply take 450mg at breakfast. I use met all year round ;)

Hi Lex,

Well here is what it says about Metformin...

Metformin’s main action is to decrease the overproduction of glucose by the liver, a common problem in prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. The action of metformin helps lower blood sugar levels particularly during the night to keep fasting glucose levels under control, but it also helps control blood glucose throughout the day. Metformin also increases the uptake of glucose by your muscles. Overall, metformin decreases insulin resistance and improves insulin sensitivity, thereby helping the insulin your body still makes work more effectively.

If Metformin increases the uptake of glucose by your muscles and increases insulin sensitivity, wouldn't using it alongside exogenous insulin be an awesome stack for muscle building?

Diabetics who use Metformin can drastically drop the amount of insulin they need to administer so doesn't that mean we can successfully use Metformin and small doses of insulin (4-6iu) and see awesome results as opposed to using no Metformin and having to use large volumes of insulin?

See this is what I always thought also, im glad you found that. I was always under the impression that met forces the body to uptake the glucose specificaly into the muscle cells...that was why I was doing met 1hour pre-workout with my slin so I could shove as much nutrients into the muscle as possible. Good find...I couldn't remember where I read that I was starting to think maybe I was mistaken.

When I run slin use metformin 800mg 2 times a day (morning and prew) to maintain a good insulin sensitivity.
In cutting diet took 450mg 3 x day to maintain low glucose, in offseason simply take 450mg at breakfast. I use met all year round ;)

Do you take your slin pre-workout?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity