over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Experienced users of metformin and or berberine

Metformin a complete game-changer for me. Huge difference. I run better on carbs, with no added fat. Usage of metformin has kept me lean and tight, efficiently using my food. 1000 a day, with 500 with meal 1, 500 with meal 5. I add in an additional 500 with cheat meal. No GI issues at all

My workouts have been crap lately as far as pumps go but I added met in at 500mg morning and night and WOW I'm not sure if it's just the met that made the difference but I was much more pumped during my workout than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what brand of berberine hcl are people using? is there a "best" brand out there in terms of the ingredients or is it all the same? to those taking it with each meal, just carb meals, every meal, or do you guys taking it on a bulk have carbs with every meal? i take na-R-ALA now but only 3x a day (with my carb meals) and my other 2 meals are just protein/fats, so i don't use it. what's the recommendation there? i'll be starting a bulk soon with carbs in all 5 meals, so is it wise to use a protocol of ala, cinnulin pf, and berberine hcl 5x a day? if so, what dosage of berberine? input would be appreciated.

what brand of berberine hcl are people using? is there a "best" brand out there in terms of the ingredients or is it all the same? to those taking it with each meal, just carb meals, every meal, or do you guys taking it on a bulk have carbs with every meal? i take na-R-ALA now but only 3x a day (with my carb meals) and my other 2 meals are just protein/fats, so i don't use it. what's the recommendation there? i'll be starting a bulk soon with carbs in all 5 meals, so is it wise to use a protocol of ala, cinnulin pf, and berberine hcl 5x a day? if so, what dosage of berberine? input would be appreciated.

Swansons Berberine.

Dose Berberine 500mg up to 3 times daily, split 3-4 hours apart per dose, prior to carb meals.

Na-R-Ala, dose 300-600mg per day, either the full 600mg dose prior to your first carb meal of the day, or split into two 300mg doses (one AM and one PM). Reason for either doing a full dose or splitting, the terminal elimination of Na-R-Ala is anywhere from 17-22 hours, which resides in the tissues for that duration

I used berberine, r-ala, special cinnamon etc all top brands (stacked) for almost 9 months. It is way cheaper and more effective to just use metformin IMO.

I get tremendous stomach upset and bloating from metformin, but i have IBS so i get that from most things. I use berberine. Seems to work well and there's been lots of research that it actually helps peopl suffering with IBS so it has multiple benefits for me

I used berberine, r-ala, special cinnamon etc all top brands (stacked) for almost 9 months. It is way cheaper and more effective to just use metformin IMO.

Data behind Berberine would say otherwise

Have you used both? I was pretty big advocate for berberine, if you check the first page of the thread you will see.

Have you used both? I was pretty big advocate for berberine, if you check the first page of the thread you will see.

That is one thing I have yet to try personally.

When it comes to GDAs, insulin sensitivity, nutrient partitioning products, I stick to Na-R-Ala, Berberine, and Agmatine.

Currently cycling off all said products, thinking about giving Metformin a run just to see what I notice and can compare

Swansons Berberine.

Dose Berberine 500mg up to 3 times daily, split 3-4 hours apart per dose, prior to carb meals.

Na-R-Ala, dose 300-600mg per day, either the full 600mg dose prior to your first carb meal of the day, or split into two 300mg doses (one AM and one PM). Reason for either doing a full dose or splitting, the terminal elimination of Na-R-Ala is anywhere from 17-22 hours, which resides in the tissues for that duration

thanks. What about the cinnamon? every meal? 1 cap?

thanks. What about the cinnamon? every meal? 1 cap?

Anywhere from 1-6 grams daily. Ceylon or Cassia is what you want (preferably Ceylon due to lower coumarin). If/when I use it, I usually do 500-1000mg prior to 3 carb meals with Berberine.

please cite the Data specifically that states berberine is MORE effective that Metformin. We all know its cheaper.

please cite the Data specifically that states berberine is MORE effective that Metformin. We all know its cheaper.

I think he was responding to the post that said metformin was more effective. In other words, when he said "the research says otherwise", I think he was saying that metformin was not more effective than berberine, rather than saying berberine was more effective than metformin. Based on the research I've seen, they are about equal from a blood sugar control standpoint. I think that is what he was getting at when citing the research.

Last edited:

I think he was responding to the post that said metformin was more effective. In other words, when he said "the research says otherwise", I think he was saying that metformin was not more effective than berberine, rather than saying berberine was more effective than metformin. Based on the research I've seen, they are about equal from a blood sugar control standpoint. I think that is what he was getting at when citing the research.

What Mike said.

I wasn't implying that Berberine was MORE effective than Metformin.

That is one thing I have yet to try personally.

When it comes to GDAs, insulin sensitivity, nutrient partitioning products, I stick to Na-R-Ala, Berberine, and Agmatine.

Currently cycling off all said products, thinking about giving Metformin a run just to see what I notice and can compare

Exactly you haven't tried it. I used GDAs, metformin is a completely different ball game. I stick to met now.

GUYS,
what is the mechanism of insulin working better in your muscle? your overall sensitivity to insulin......right? Answer that question first....why does Met increase sensitivity....Think about it...cause you secrete less of it when you are using metformin..Period.

SO if you improve overall insulin sensitivity yes of course it works better with muscle tissue and all other tissues.
I understand your point and yes if you are using met with or between slin it will allow you to use a smaller amount.....absolutely but WHILE you are running slin you are still decreasing your sensitivity to it with our without Met. So again I don't see the benefit of using them together.
Maybe just at night after slin window is way gone and you want to make sure and drop glucose overnight fasting. Just something I haven't tried.

We also know that Met will somehow inhibit the ingestion of carbs if taken with a meal to some extent...how is that beneficial to then take met before you inject insulin? so you can eat more carbs to overcome Met's effect?

I dont respond to questions on forums much anymore, but il add a little here.....

When we use insulin to grow we want to use the lowest effective dose possible. Using slin we inevitably desensitize and require higher doses. That is actually what we are battling AGAINST to prolong and sustain optimal effects as long as is possible. Eventually you lose this battle after a period in which case you come off and reset and restart (mini diet).

Metformin wont fully preserve but will slow the rate at which this happens. Thats why you use it with slin.

Now he manner in which you use slin (dosing, frequency, and supporting nutritional structure) and metformin can vary greatly, but the idea is to preserve sensitivity as high and long as possible before you need a reset. Some methods much more effective than others.

I'm taking 1mg met AM fasted and evening after dinner. I was going to start playing with low doses of log 2-5iu preworkout. Was going to use igf as well, but I may run slin alone first to see how I react to it. I've been on the met since posting in this thread some weeks ago.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
reachbusinessdirectdubai@
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws