over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

F***ing Hypocrits

Respect your opinion, disagree 100%...that to me is the mindset of someone in LE.

Of course your first paragraph is a fact, I can't dispute that...again, it's a controlled substance because our Gov't says it is. If you think our Gov't knows what is right for us, then how would one describe slavery and labotomies which they enforced. Remember witchcraft and the witch hunts?? now you can openly practice if u choose to do so, 100 years ago you'd be burnt alive. Rock and Roll used to be illegal, and lets not forget Prohibition.

Back on topic

Steroids are not mind altering...it's a hormone... If it made you high and influenced your consciousness, my mouth would be shut and I wouldn't be on this forum...I for one am a past AAS user, don't use them anymore, but do not in any way shape or form think they should be criminalized.

I personally know and will argue AAS are not addictive but also say not for the weak minded and the altering aspect is a gray area.. someone shooting test and popping dbol feeling on top of the world mentality being confident etc who otherwise wouldnt feel that way does have an altered mindset even if was due to increase of person having more muscular appearance or increase of strentgh etc...

one of my college psych classes back in day had the book mention a study in particular with test, deca,winny and drol that monitored increased brain chemicals that are precursors to violence/aggression as well as CT scans of brains on the different drugs showing the most activity in the areas of brain responsible for violence.and aggression. deca scored the highest and was really the only one with truly consistent elevated levels to suggest its reasonable to effect ones aggression at a high enough dose... obviously limited to 4 drugs only makes things difficult to talk about non listed others... but just compare which are similar analogues like tren/deca both being 19-nor or winny/drol/var/mast/primo being a dht so can at least use to generalize some thngs

Haha it's not "mind altering... It's a hormone..." Your post is full of opinion and lacking solid evidence.

Mind altering meaning that it is not a "psychoactive drug producing distorted perceptions"...this is a general term used medically and yes I worked in that field long term...of course they can affect your mood long term, aggression, depression, etc...but it is very different from a drug that causes immediate psychological distortions and therefore is an immediate danger. Of course AAS abuse has dangers, I'm not saying it's perfect.

Speaking of "mind altering" those of you who prefer AAS be illegal, please explain to me why Alcohol is Legal then in comparison?

testosterone /tes·tos·te·rone/ (tes-tos´tĕ-rōn″) the principal androgenic hormone, produced by the interstitial (Leydig) cells of the testes in response to stimulation by the luteinizing hormone of the anterior pituitary gland.

My post is full of my opinion...I made it..if you don't like it, make one why you believe AAS should be criminalized...and this thread is full of solid facts easily interpretable and identifiable.

It will always be hypocritical because the overwhelming majority of the population does not want to work hard in the gym at all. Therefore they don't understand a desire to enhance your gym experience. Now in the movie bigger, faster, stronger they had shown some fat overweight guy that plays in a symphony. Something he is passionate about but I bet the majority of us on here don't understand it. He was taking ritalin or adderral to combat his shyness and anxiety. So they are taking "drugs or supplement's" depending on how you look at it to enhance his experience. Same thing but because the majority of the world is fat fucks that are lazy we will be demonized for what we want to do and labeled insecure or narcissistic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hWdfC_B_jQ]Bigger, Stronger, Faster* - Musicians (Deleted Scene) - YouTube[/ame]

Roids are mind-altering, but they are non-narcotic. They are classified in the same schedule (schedule iii) as narcotic substances because roids (testosterone) have a legitimate medical use, and apparently carry with them the potential for abuse.

Alcohol carries potential for abuse, but it's perfectly legal for winos to walk up in the ABC store and buy gallons of their poison that hurts/kills themselves AND/OR those around them. I do not understand the logic of this.

And lets not forget CAPTAIN FUCKING AMERICA. What was in those syringes? hmmmmm.....

Mind altering meaning that it is not a "psychoactive drug producing distorted perceptions"...this is a general term used medically and yes I worked in that field long term...of course they can affect your mood long term, aggression, depression, etc...but it is very different from a drug that causes immediate psychological distortions and therefore is an immediate danger. Of course AAS abuse has dangers, I'm not saying it's perfect.

Speaking of "mind altering" those of you who prefer AAS be illegal, please explain to me why Alcohol is Legal then in comparison?

testosterone /tes·tos·te·rone/ (tes-tos´tĕ-rōn″) the principal androgenic hormone, produced by the interstitial (Leydig) cells of the testes in response to stimulation by the luteinizing hormone of the anterior pituitary gland.

My post is full of my opinion...I made it..if you don't like it, make one why you believe AAS should be criminalized...and this thread is full of solid facts easily interpretable and identifiable.

This. Mind altering drugs vs. drugs that can potentially alter you mind are different. Yes there are countless studies about AAS that show that they can "alter" your mind. EQ, winny, and deca can strip gaba from your brain. Strong androgens can produce aggression, anger, or compulsiveness. There are sides from high or low estrogen on cycle or coming off that effect the brain. Dopamine agonists used to counteract progesterone drugs can downregulate dopamine receptors in your brain. Studies have also shown that suprapsychological doses of testosterone can make you more defensive and hostile than you "should" be. The list goes on and on, but in all of these examples, the effects are side effects and manifest on an individual basis. Hell, too much caffeine can cause anxiety and can change brain chemistry, but we don't call caffeine a mind altering drug. Mind alterning drugs are drugs that directly affect brain chemistry. I don't know anyone who could use DMT or cocaine and not have some sort of mind altering effect. But I know plenty of people who use EQ and don't have anxiety, use tren and don't get mad and make poor decisions, and use dostinex who don't feel terrible when they stop from downregulated dopamine receptors. The point is yes steroids can have brain chemistry side effects, but so can eating fast food and junk every day like many Americans do. The worst (and most unhealthy according to blood work) I ever felt in my entire life was when I became insulin resistant from bulking too much when I was natty. When I started test shortly after that and lost considerable bf, my bloodwork improved dramatically. I was still in range before, but I had improved a lot because I was no longer resistant and thus no longer having anxiety and I also had much better concentration and focus. Oh and I put on 15 lbs and lost 3% bf in only a couple months. Those were the only sides. Everyone around me said I was more pleasant to be around and I personally became happier because I had found a way to simplify my life. Prior to that, I had reached a point where I could no longer gain naturally. I could no longer gain mass without getting in to the 20% bf range and I could not even socialize or date because I had to eat my damn chicken and brown rice every 2 hours. Steroids stopped all that. Steroids allowed me to be more efficient metabolically and work harder. They allowed me to keep progressing in lifting and also maintain a balanced lifestyle. People will always abuse steroids just like people abuse food or alcohol. But in society today, people who drink a lot are cool and we are sympathetic to people who are fat because 'it's not their fault.' But if you take steroids and (as Wes pointed out HRT is a steroid) even as little as essentially doubling your HRT dose, you are an asshole, fellon who is risking their life because your organs could fail and risking the lives of others because you could get in a fit of 'roid rage.' In reality for most people, you are simply taking something that will allow you to keep doing the thing you love and in fact allow you to work harder - to eat more, train harder and more frequently, and to have more to maintain. This side of the story is rarely told. But calling steroids a "mind-altering" drug is the exact demonization of steroids that the government wants and it cannot be tolerated - especially on a board like this.

This. Mind altering drugs vs. drugs that can potentially alter you mind are different. Yes there are countless studies about AAS that show that they can "alter" your mind. EQ, winny, and deca can strip gaba from your brain. Strong androgens can produce aggression, anger, or compulsiveness. There are sides from high or low estrogen on cycle or coming off that effect the brain. Dopamine agonists used to counteract progesterone drugs can downregulate dopamine receptors in your brain. Studies have also shown that suprapsychological doses of testosterone can make you more defensive and hostile than you "should" be. The list goes on and on, but in all of these examples, the effects are side effects and manifest on an individual basis. Hell, too much caffeine can cause anxiety and can change brain chemistry, but we don't call caffeine a mind altering drug. Mind alterning drugs are drugs that directly affect brain chemistry. I don't know anyone who could use DMT or cocaine and not have some sort of mind altering effect. But I know plenty of people who use EQ and don't have anxiety, use tren and don't get mad and make poor decisions, and use dostinex who don't feel terrible when they stop from downregulated dopamine receptors. The point is yes steroids can have brain chemistry side effects, but so can eating fast food and junk every day like many Americans do. The worst (and most unhealthy according to blood work) I ever felt in my entire life was when I became insulin resistant from bulking too much when I was natty. When I started test shortly after that and lost considerable bf, my bloodwork improved dramatically. I was still in range before, but I had improved a lot because I was no longer resistant and thus no longer having anxiety and I also had much better concentration and focus. Oh and I put on 15 lbs and lost 3% bf in only a couple months. Those were the only sides. Everyone around me said I was more pleasant to be around and I personally became happier because I had found a way to simplify my life. Prior to that, I had reached a point where I could no longer gain naturally. I could no longer gain mass without getting in to the 20% bf range and I could not even socialize or date because I had to eat my damn chicken and brown rice every 2 hours. Steroids stopped all that. Steroids allowed me to be more efficient metabolically and work harder. They allowed me to keep progressing in lifting and also maintain a balanced lifestyle. People will always abuse steroids just like people abuse food or alcohol. But in society today, people who drink a lot are cool and we are sympathetic to people who are fat because 'it's not their fault.' But if you take steroids and (as Wes pointed out HRT is a steroid) even as little as essentially doubling your HRT dose, you are an asshole, fellon who is risking their life because your organs could fail and risking the lives of others because you could get in a fit of 'roid rage.' In reality for most people, you are simply taking something that will allow you to keep doing the thing you love and in fact allow you to work harder - to eat more, train harder and more frequently, and to have more to maintain. This side of the story is rarely told. But calling steroids a "mind-altering" drug is the exact demonization of steroids that the government wants and it cannot be tolerated - especially on a board like this.

You're absolutely right. There are certain aas that lower dopamine levels in the brain proven through research, hence altering one's mood. I wouldn't go so far as to call it mind altering as those are reserved for narcotics, but I would say they are mood altering.

This. Mind altering drugs vs. drugs that can potentially alter you mind are different.

But calling steroids a "mind-altering" drug is the exact demonization of steroids that the government wants and it cannot be tolerated - especially on a board like this.

Exactly, it almost blows my mind that people here are actually comparing Testosterone to Narcotics...

Let's be realistic here. Heroin, cocaine, morphine, alcohol, they're are all drugs that have immediate mind altering effects. These can impair judgement, conscious thought, bring about violence and allow people to engage in behaviors, sometimes real criminal activity that they would never otherwise have intended...and within minutes of their consumption. That has potential for danger people. They are in no way similar to synthetic hormones and should not be classified the same.

And to sit here on a BBing forum and hear people agree with criminalization is insanity IMO. I can see if we regulated or controlled them, but lets be real sitting someone in a cell for attempting to gain muscle and strength??

I've always seen bodybuilding and strength athletics as a science or art per say, something that many of us are passionate about. Combine that with AAS and bring about a whole new potential and to see the human bodies capabilities and then extending them is fascinating. That is not criminal behavior. If anything, we could say people that suffer from muscle Dysmorphia are experiencing psychological issues, or body image issues..that I could possibly agree with..If so, you would treat such an issue with therapy, not imprison the person.

We are all here because of a unity in passion for bodybuilding and Strength and Fitness. Even members here who are Natural and don't use AAS, are not going to tell you it is a criminal act. Sure an AAS user versus a Natural in a contest can be considered cheating.

But if you are a member of this forum, AAS use or not, and you believe that an individual should be Imprisoned for AAS use, then why the hell are you here?? That makes you 1 of 2 things IMO.
1) a hypocrit and/or
2) a cop

Last edited:
Heroin, cocaine, morphine, alcohol, they're are all drugs that have immediate mind altering effects. These can impair judgement, conscious thought, bring about violence and allow people to engage in behaviors, sometimes real criminal activity that they would never otherwise have intended...and within minutes of their consumption. That has potential for danger people. They are in no way similar to synthetic hormones and should not be classified the same.

I can see if we regulated or controlled them, but lets be real sitting someone in a cell for attempting to gain muscle and strength??

I've always seen bodybuilding and strength athletics as a science or art per say, something that many of us are passionate about. Combine that with AAS and bring about a whole new potential and to see the human bodies capabilities and then extending them is fascinating. That is not criminal behavior.

F****** right! This is the truth, but I wonder if the rest of the world will ever realize this.

Honestly most people aren't even against steroids or care if people take them. In my opinion most people in LE who enforce laws against steroids do so because is their job and they have to or because of some other political reason. Most people in everyday life couldn't care less if people do steroids, and most guys I know that I get into conversations about steroids with at bars or parties or wherever are generally just interested in what steroids are about and what they actually do and couldn't care less if someone is doing them. Now there is always that small population with a stick up there ass that makes a big stink about things like that mom in the PTA that doesn't want kids to have recess and that small population can make a pretty big stink but in my opinion it is a very small part of the population. Most people honestly couldn't care less if someone is on steroids, most people know they have they're own thing they do like recreational coke, hookers whatever. Just my $.02

It will always be hypocritical because the overwhelming majority of the population does not want to work hard in the gym at all. Therefore they don't understand a desire to enhance your gym experience. Now in the movie bigger, faster, stronger they had shown some fat overweight guy that plays in a symphony. Something he is passionate about but I bet the majority of us on here don't understand it. He was taking ritalin or adderral to combat his shyness and anxiety. So they are taking "drugs or supplement's" depending on how you look at it to enhance his experience. Same thing but because the majority of the world is fat fucks that are lazy we will be demonized for what we want to do and labeled insecure or narcissistic.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster* - Musicians (Deleted Scene) - YouTube

^^^ this video. Especially the guy who makes the "stretching the truth argument". Some views seem mind blowing at times.

By far the majority of peoples opinions are formed by the media. In this country people dont think for themselves. They open up wide and swallow the kool aid poured down their throat by the powers that be.

If all of the benefits and consequences of aas were given to the public without bias... I guarantee that the popular consensus would be of an approving sort. Just look back in history to all of the ideals and taboo's that have now changed due to the information age. But history also teaches us that americans are slow to change.

We could carry this argument to many many things and ideals and practices... laws..beliefs etc. It comes down to education and the desire to gain knowledge without first passing judgement......... Just sayin

There are some long posts there so ill keep it simple...

Big pharma love or hate them is the best advocate you could hope for...

The gov doesnt give two shits what all the gym rats in the whole US of A think

But ig pharma has the money and has there ear and if they push hard enough u could see a change as in reclassification

The big names should be working with and pushing pharm to get involved there is money to be made here and it would make things easier for us.

Love them or hate them they have the power... dont fight it just figure how to manipulate it to your means

Thats life

They are illegal for possession without prescription for obvious reasons.....the gvt can't tax something when there is no record of sale. Just like with narcotics, they can't tax it. They will play the "health card" and "concern for public safety" bs all day long. But it comes down to taxes. It really isn't that hard to see. The pharmaceutical lobby is the largest lobby in the country, this is widely known. This is why you can't buy ANYTHING without going to a doctor first. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal because the gvt taxes the hell out of them. Even though they are proven to kill thousands, even millions of people, that doesn't matter, the gvt makes BANK!!! Do I think they should be illegal, no. I think they should be decriminalized tho, like most drugs. They will, however, remain illegal as long as the gvt can make money off them, simple as that!

Look at what Dante posted the pther day about making a certain LEGAL supp and the hopps he had to jump through with the feds. Now imagine this with aas, tons of $$$ to be made by the gvt

There is a huge difference between taking a therapeutic, doctor-prescribed replacement dose to bring your testosterone levels back to normal and taking a gram a week so you can be 40 lbs heavier than your genetic limit.

there is a difference sure, one is for medical reason and the other is for self satisfaction. I do agree with you on there being a difference, but the problem is there are other similar things that are legal that are no different then anabolics.

For example, breast inplants, botax, males taking female hormones. There has been more deaths due to breast implants and more hazards documented then from AAS. So why is one legal and not the other. Why is it that a guy can walk into a dr. office and get put on female hormones no problem because he wants to be a girl, but if I walk in and tell my dr. i want to be a 250lb freak of nature and want HGH, gram of test a week, dbol, var and ect he will laugh at me and then tell me how unhealthy it is.

Then why does America preach about pro choice for womens abortions, because its their bodies, but men can not take AAS and its our bodies? Shit just does not add up. How many crimes have you seen commited as a result of people taking AAS? I know many people blame suicides and anger on AAS, but I am a firm believer that most people that kill them selves while on AAS had issues long before using the drug. There issues are what probably lead them to trying it.

There is no reason why any healthy man should not be alloud to us AAS period. I can understand not allowing it at the professional level of sports and ect, because that is their organization and their business. However, in my free life if I wish to kill my self with booze and tobacco that is acceptable, but if I want to live a clean life taking AAS I am a criminal.

there is a difference sure, one is for medical reason and the other is for self satisfaction. I do agree with you on there being a difference, but the problem is there are other similar things that are legal that are no different then anabolics.

For example, breast inplants, botax, males taking female hormones. There has been more deaths due to breast implants and more hazards documented then from AAS. So why is one legal and not the other. Why is it that a guy can walk into a dr. office and get put on female hormones no problem because he wants to be a girl, but if I walk in and tell my dr. i want to be a 250lb freak of nature and want HGH, gram of test a week, dbol, var and ect he will laugh at me and then tell me how unhealthy it is.

Then why does America preach about pro choice for womens abortions, because its their bodies, but men can not take AAS and its our bodies? Shit just does not add up. How many crimes have you seen commited as a result of people taking AAS? I know many people blame suicides and anger on AAS, but I am a firm believer that most people that kill them selves while on AAS had issues long before using the drug. There issues are what probably lead them to trying it.

There is no reason why any healthy man should not be alloud to us AAS period. I can understand not allowing it at the professional level of sports and ect, because that is their organization and their business. However, in my free life if I wish to kill my self with booze and tobacco that is acceptable, but if I want to live a clean life taking AAS I am a criminal.

Read what I said above you, it answers the whys that you asked.

As for the suicides, anti-depressant commercial actually WARN that suicide thoughts may INCREASE while taking them. Again, I answered the why aspect of these drugs being legal through a doc.

In the end, IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS!!!!!

So you are saying that a criminal uses 1000grams per week and a "patient" uses 200mgs per week??

I'm not sure I follow where one is a criminal act compared to the other?

In the eye of the law the one without the script taking the g a week wld be, not sure how you aren't able to follow that...

So you are saying that a criminal uses 1000grams per week and a "patient" uses 200mgs per week??

I'm not sure I follow where one is a criminal act compared to the other?

It's the same with any prescription drug: the prescribed pill popper is not a criminal, the one buying it off the street is. You can get THC prescribed to you (marinol), but if you grow a cannabis plant you are committing a federal crime. Hell, you can have methamphetamine and cocaine prescribed (the first is used to treat ADHD and the second is used as an anesthetic) or used on you, but you can't self-medicate. There is a good reason for most of these, though, and it's that a doctor's supervision will keep someone healthy...but criminalizing those who do use is just insane and helps no one (except for prison profiteers).

I think overall drug use should be decriminalized and focus should be put on rehabilitation/damage control -- things like sterile shooting galleries for heroin junkies, etc.

In the eye of the law the one without the script taking the g a week wld be, not sure how you aren't able to follow that...

We are talking theoretically, not sure how you aren't able to follow that...

Of course we all know what the law says, but this is clearly a thread questioning why the law is flawed..and that Steroid use of any kind should not be considered a "criminal act" whether it is 1G or 50mgs.

people need to research for them selfs before judging what other people choose to do and there is a huge difference between steriods and drugs like meth, herion, and prescription pills that get you high....... i trust my friends who choose to juice but i dont trust pill poppers and tweakers that shit ruins lives the only way ive ever seen steriods fuck with people that bad is from the uneducated people judging them....

women are the biggest users of steroids in this country. birth control pills= steroids. but don't tell them!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear