over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Farxiga vs. Jardiance- kidneys, heart, BG

Agree with the other two. I just salt to taste and drink plenty (6L+) and seem to be fine.

@nothuman @M@NU, on the topic of this… I saw some cool studies showing Jardiance helped reduce hyperkalemia without inducing hypokalemia. Just another benefit for those of us also on an ARB.
Awesome stuff. I haven't noticed any difference in blood potassium levels whether I was taking it or not so that doesn't surprise me. I even consume a relatively higher potassium diet since it's the one thing most people are deficient in and have no problems (I add 360mg of potassium citrate powder to my four meals to offset the sodium)

Dude what the fuck? Why on earth are they recommending that?
unfortunately, finding a competent doc here is like winning the lottery.
many are completely outdated and preach stuff that was taught 30 years ago.
my doc didnt even know jardiance. I had to go to him with printed studies to convince him to prescribe it to me..
same with nebivolol as betablocker...

For those who have researched or used the 2 below. Any thoughts? Any issues with the body pushing out the glucose as far as training, pumps, etc?

First, the Food and Drug Administration approved the SGLT2 inhibitor Farxiga® (dapagliflozin), followed by Jardiance® (empagliflozin), to reduce the risk of death and hospitalization in people who have heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.

Farxiga
Treats symptomatic chronic heart failure
Treats chronic kidney disease
Can lower blood sugar levels in people with Type 2 diabetes
FDA-approved heart failure benefit: reduces risk of hospitalization from heart failure
Evidence of kidney benefit

Jardiance
Treats symptomatic chronic heart failure
Can lower blood sugar levels in people with Type 2 diabetes
FDA-approved cardiovascular benefit: reduces risk of cardiovascular death
Evidence for heart failure benefit: reduces risk of hospitalization from heart failure
Evidence of kidney benefit
Dont touch farxiga… fucked my dads kidneys up and he ended up somehow getting leukemia after using this and now he is dead…

unfortunately, finding a competent doc here is like winning the lottery.
many are completely outdated and preach stuff that was taught 30 years ago.
my doc didnt even know jardiance. I had to go to him with printed studies to convince him to prescribe it to me..
same with nebivolol as betablocker...
What studies did you show him for the Jardiance prescription? Feel free to PM. I’d love a prescription… it’s not a cheap drug.

So been on Jardiance for a bit now. So far so good, maybe a bit flatter but I’m also in a deficit so hard to tell (carbs are just lower). Keeping water intake high and salt high, but the diuretic effect doesn’t seem too strong anyways to me.

@slesh you started it too I believe? How are you liking it?

Dont touch farxiga… fucked my dads kidneys up and he ended up somehow getting leukemia after using this and now he is dead…
Wow. I have a friend who is prescribed forxiga along with a few other things. When he first started, they checked his bloods regularly for signs of stress to the kidneys but he’s had no issues. He’s now on once or twice per year bloods and says he’s doing great on it

Have any of you switched from Metformin to one of these types of meds?

I use Metformin and Berberine prophylactically to assist in keeping FBG in check due to mild GH use but the kidney protective properties of these are appealing.

*My Cystatin is decent/ok/good but not great so I’m keeping an eye on it.

Not a fan of the increase in lactic acid and mitochondria toxicity Metformin imparts too. Both mild but mehhhh.

FBG is ~90 (due to the GH) so just “ok”.
AIC is ~5.0 and Fasted Insulin is healthy.

Edit - after reading J2408B’s post - WTH

Awesome stuff. I haven't noticed any difference in blood potassium levels whether I was taking it or not so that doesn't surprise me. I even consume a relatively higher potassium diet since it's the one thing most people are deficient in and have no problems (****I add 360mg of potassium citrate powder to my four meals to offset the sodium)

That’s not a lot but that would make me a little nervous being on Telmisartan. I know you are diligent with labs and overall health but be careful man.

So been on Jardiance for a bit now. So far so good, maybe a bit flatter but I’m also in a deficit so hard to tell (carbs are just lower). Keeping water intake high and salt high, but the diuretic effect doesn’t seem too strong anyways to me.

Been great for me so far. My BG/anti aging consigliere @nothuman has me on a Jardiance/Acarbose concoction.

Have any of you switched from Metformin to one of these types of meds?

I use Metformin and Berberine prophylactically to assist in keeping FBG in check due to mild GH use but the kidney protective properties of these are appealing.

*My Cystatin is decent/ok/good but not great so I’m keeping an eye on it.

Not a fan of the increase in lactic acid and mitochondria toxicity Metformin imparts too. Both mild but mehhhh.

FBG is ~90 (due to the GH) so just “ok”.
AIC is ~5.0 and Fasted Insulin is healthy.

Edit - after reading J2408B’s post - WTH

^^^. I think he needs to explain this a bit further if it's going to make any sense.

That’s not a lot but that would make me a little nervous being on Telmisartan. I know you are diligent with labs and overall health but be careful man.
Thanks. The potassium increase with Telmisartan is very mild. It has never made a difference on any of my labs at any point over the years on 40mg.

Also, dietary potassium is mostly separate from blood potassium levels.

Very likely that you’re in a deficit. 10mg of Jardiance shouldn’t effect fullness to a noticeable difference if your electrolytes, water and carb intake are adequate.

I do suggest supplementing with electrolytes and slightly increasing water intake while using it though.

Been on jardiance for a while , had a quintuple heart bypass surgery on the 7 of march 2022 . My last full blood pannel is quite good and jardiance seems to work well . Also take berberine on top of my other daily pills :
Aspirine cardio
Linosipril
Atorvastatin
Eplerenone ( Inspra )
Meto Zerok ( Metropolol )
Alsi on TRT 140mg weekly and 2ius HGH

68 years old next March:)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views