A few months ago I mentioned in a previous post
that I was working on a story with Frank Zane
for his Building the Body Magazine.
Well Hot off of the presses here it is.

pm1.jpg

The cover of the Mag

pm2.jpg

I love this magazine by the way.
It has all the structure and setup of the old school mags.
I Like many on here read those mags from cover to
cover and dreamed of having muscles and being
like guys such as Zane. For me it is really cool
to be listed in the table of contents of Frank's mag.

Picture 003.jpg

My story. Frank chose the title as well as
the photos. For those wondering who the
friend is I mentioned in the story.......
non other then PM's own Jason Iabadman.....

Great thread Tony and congrats to you. Keep up the hard work. Happy to see you back.

How will this work with Phil?

Didn't you just say your back training with him? Please don't think I'm stirring the shit. I just can't think of two BBers that look any more differant.

Didn't you just say your back training with him? Please don't think I'm stirring the shit. I just can't think of two BBers that look any more differant.

First I love the article and you look great. my first thought was also the "I'm back with team Hernon" thread.Why back to team Hernon if so happy with Franks ways? Anyway, great article.

One more thing

WOW!!!! Nice job on that interview:D

and in this day and age Zane's physique wouldn't be winning anything but Beach Body Model Search lol. or maybe a nattie show...
Phil on the other hand could hang with the big boys.
Aeliop, i would stick with Team Hernon:)
-JS

No digs here bro., hats of to ya. Good job!!!

and in this day and age Zane's physique wouldn't be winning anything but Beach Body Model Search lol. or maybe a nattie show...
Phil on the other hand could hang with the big boys.
Aeliop, i would stick with Team Hernon:)
-JS

Well I'm not about to knock Zane on any level. But I can see every reason to go with Phil if he wants to win shows with more size on his bones. Tony looked super at the show he won. But I think he needs more of a Phil like trainer to go to the next level. Shit Tony, Your almost as big as Zane know Bro.

Last edited:
Well I'm not about to knock Zane on any level. But I can see every reason to go with Phil if he wants to win shows with more size on his bones. Tony looked super at the show he won. But I think he needs more of a Phil like trainer to go to the next level. Shit Tony, Your almost as big as Zane know Bro.

Oops that did sound like i was knocking Zane.
I should have said for ZANE'S TIME he looked good but this is not his time. it is an age of thickness and mass PERIOD. PHIL fits that bill better than ZANE so i would stick with PHIL.
Politically correct enough for ya CONCRETE!?!:D
-JS

Fair enough

First I love the article and you look great. my first thought was also the "I'm back with team Hernon" thread.Why back to team Hernon if so happy with Franks ways? Anyway, great article.

In bodybuilding as well as life there a couple of approaches you often see. There is the guy who changes trainers for every show sometimes changing in the middle of prep each show. He is often searching for the magic bullet or the right combo that will bring him bodybuilding glory. The problem with that approach is more often then not nothing is learned, the panicky client often abandons the plan before it can be determined as to whether the plan was a good one or not. The constant starts and restarts not only retards the development of the guy but it also deprives them of the ability to determine their bodybuilding identity. This person is also always in the dangerous zone of listening to too many cooks in their kitchen.

The other type of guy which is the one that I fall under is the guy who purposely serves under many different generals. While they serve under each paticular General they only listen to that General and with them they give all their loyalty and dedication. They also absorb as much information as they can. When all is said and done they hang on to and file away the parts that apply to them and discard the rest.

As you can see I stated this in the thread you mentioned. Below is my exact quote.

I trained under Phil Hernon for a long time and I always listed him as my greatest bodybuilding influence. I left Phil's guidance for awhile not because I was unhappy with Phil's training but because to better myself and make myself more rounded I wanted to learn other methods. Most of the diets and training programs I designed for others are heavily influenced by what I learned from Phil. After I left Phil I learned a lot from Frank Zane, Jason (Iabadman), as well as some of the local guys here and quite a bit from Nancy Tremblay. I feel that the different approaches and techniques I have learned have made me not only a better competitor but a teacher and trainer as well. All of the methods I learned are effective and work. I am at the point now though that I am ready to return to where I started.....with Phil. I have one last show in 18 days that with the help of Nancy Tremblay I have already been prepping for. I have been very happy with my progress with Nancy and really her similarities in approach and beliefs with Phil's was the final convincing I needed to send me back to where I feel that I belong. Phil is going to do what he can to help Nancy and I finish this thing and then I am looking forward to some intelligent, affective training under Phil.

In bodybuilding as well as life there a couple of approaches you often see. There is the guy who changes trainers for every show sometimes changing in the middle of prep each show. He is often searching for the magic bullet or the right combo that will bring him bodybuilding glory. The problem with that approach is more often then not nothing is learned, the panicky client often abandons the plan before it can be determined as to whether the plan was a good one or not. The constant starts and restarts not only retards the development of the guy but it also deprives them of the ability to determine their bodybuilding identity. This person is also always in the dangerous zone of listening to too many cooks in their kitchen.

The other type of guy which is the one that I fall under is the guy who purposely serves under many different generals. While they serve under each paticular General they only listen to that General and with them they give all their loyalty and dedication. They also absorb as much information as they can. When all is said and done they hang on to and file away the parts that apply to them and discard the rest.

As you can see I stated this in the thread you mentioned. Below is my exact quote.

Tony, if it's good for you that what counts. I just had put more weight on the books, CD's, Yoga and what appeared to be almost a "Zane" way of life. Than I prolly should have. Again, can't wait to see you and Phil working together again!

That's great Tony.
Zane has had a huge impact on the sport. Yes it has evolved a lot since then, but Zane still looks awesome. More then anything I appreciate the fact that he is still in great shape and doing his thing.
Good for you having that association...!

Personally

I am awaiting the day that VTliftVT says to me, " I am finished doing yoga, belly dancing and spinning, I am ready to hit the weights.....show me the light".........thats when we will see Zane like transformations!

congratulations!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity