over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

First Cycle in years.

Reliable Rick

Newbies
Hi all. Long time member but not too many posts. Looking for some feedback on my decision to start a cycle after several years. Not much experience with gear, but did a cycle once. Just test and dbol. I made good gains but unfortunately didn't hold on to them. Didn't know about PCT in those days and crashed not long after the cycle ended.

I just ordered the following from one of the sponsors:

Test E 250 - Three vials
Clomid 50mg - 60 tabs
Arimidex 1mg - 25 tabs

Planning on running 250 mg of Test 2x/wk for 10-12 weeks, followed by 2 weeks of nothing then PCT with Clomid for about 6 weeks. The Arimidex is on hand in case of sides during the cycle, but I don't expect much at this dosage. More background information follows. My question is am I on the right track?

Bodybuilding history - Trained on and off most of my life. Competed once about 25 years ago. Have been training consistently for about the last two years. Just tired of not making any more gains. Diet is good but can always be better, and I think when on gear I'll be much more focused.

Currently 63 years old, 6ft, 190, 18%bf. Like training 3-5 days per week at home. Have a nice multi-station home gym, adjustable weight bench, plenty of free weights, bike, and resistance bands. No gym closures to worry about!

Had a recent blood test and everything is pretty good. Test levels are slightly low and my urologist offered to prescribe TRT if my primary doc wouldn't. PSA was slightly elevated last year but has come back down. Still had a prostate biopsy anyway and it was negative. General health is good except for chronic acid reflux, which I'm managing but may need surgery, and diverticulosis which I'm managing with diet. Also trying to quit smoking cannabis, which works great for me as a pre-workout "supplement". I find it hard to get a good workout without it, and feel like I'm not as focused or get as good a pump. If I recall correctly what it felt like on test all those years ago, I don't think I'll miss the pot all that much.

Looking to put on a few pounds of muscle and lean out a bit for now, and maybe compete in the master's divisions in a year or so.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

I would just get on legit TRT if I were you. 500mg test is probably overkill especially at 63 years old.

After you stabilize on TRT for a few months then maybe double the TRT to like 250mg/week for a couple months then go back to 100-150/week. Without a lot of personal experience it's hard to know that 250mg is actually a pretty stout dose of test. It is though.

Again, just what I would do in your position.

I would just get on legit TRT if I were you. 500mg test is probably overkill especially at 63 years old.

After you stabilize on TRT for a few months then maybe double the TRT to like 250mg/week for a couple months then go back to 100-150/week. Without a lot of personal experience it's hard to know that 250mg is actually a pretty stout dose of test. It is though.

Again, just what I would do in your position.
I have to agree 500 a week is a lot! Even 250 a week is a stout dose. I personally run 125 test a week and 125 equipoise and it works miracles on me. Imo 500 a week is a bit high.

I would just stick to 250 a week and stay on it for a while. I don't think 500 mgs is too high but that's just me. Start with 250 mg and you can always up the dose later if you want.

At 63 just do prescribed TRT through your doctor. No need to actually run cycles or high(er) test.

Wait, wait... did I read you’re planning a PCT? You’re 63, if i read correctly. What natural levels are you hoping to return to? And if you do, is it worth the effort to do so...

I'm close to your age. Just be carefull and watch your halth markers. Personally I use nolvadex rather than AI. AI kills my joints and it's hard to dial in. Watch your hematocrit. It tend to go up more the older you get. 200 to 250 mg of test a week with 1 iu of GH every day or even every other day is a game changer at our age. By the way, I still go off for periods with hcg and clomid and manage to get my test back up to 500 ng/dL. Then go back to it. It helps mitigate stress from the AAS.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear