over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gathering of Chicken Legs at the USA's all across the weight classes top 5

Massive G

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Not really chicken legs but lacking fullness sweep etc I was shocked to see the pics of all the top weight classes and everyone's thighs lagged behind their upper body especially arms! (Some of these guys have some gigantic arms good lord) There were some nice wheels up there cut and separated striated and all but simply lookd like they lacked size sweep and fullness-leaning towards less overall development.
What is it? The extreme cardio combined with lo carb diets? Because I am sure these guys train their legs very hard as well but it just stood out to me looking at these pics.
I can't link pics form MD or FLEXONLINE from this server so I think these tell the story the best.

**broken link removed**

WOW

Not really chicken legs but lacking fullness sweep etc I was shocked to see the pics of all the top weight classes and everyone's thighs lagged behind their upper body especially arms! (Some of these guys have some gigantic arms good lord) There were some nice wheels up there cut and separated striated and all but simply lookd like they lacked size sweep and fullness-leaning towards less overall development.
What is it? The extreme cardio combined with lo carb diets? Because I am sure these guys train their legs very hard as well but it just stood out to me looking at these pics.
I can't link pics form MD or FLEXONLINE from this server so I think these tell the story the best.

**broken link removed**

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING!

My legs would not grow worth shit for years until I dropped the weight
down some and increased the reps over 20-25. I think legs grow better on higher rep range..but its just an opinion.

I do have to give them all props on their waistlines though, from the pics it doesn't look like a lot of distention or extremely wide waists are in any of the top groups. We will probably see a lot of bad looking site injections and waist problems in the lower placings that's usually where you see the guys with average genetics trying to play catch up with the peptides and oil.

I did read that the number of competitors was really down this year and wonder if it was the economy and or Raw Deal that took a lot of these guys out of the USA's?

jesus, there really are some freaky sized arms this year

I do have to give them all props on their waistlines though, from the pics it doesn't look like a lot of distention or extremely wide waists are in any of the top groups. We will probably see a lot of bad looking site injections and waist problems in the lower placings that's usually where you see the guys with average genetics trying to play catch up with the peptides and oil.

I did read that the number of competitors was really down this year and wonder if it was the economy and or Raw Deal that took a lot of these guys out of the USA's?

There is a slow decline in the number of competitors and the new blood just isnt there like it used to be.

After playing sports my whole life and then somehow transitioning into bodybuilding, my view on the sport is slowly changing. I remember just training hard and being content with what I had built in the gym. As soon as the focus shifted to competing so did everything else. I guess after being sidelined for sometime I put a higher value on health and happiness than obtaining an insane looking physique. If it took major events as the ones mentioned above to possibly make some of these guys realize that, I'm all for it.

actually, the usa has had big numbers the last couple of years.. this year also, the classes are pretty decent.. go to md's web site and look at the class lists and they are not bad.. not as big as last year or the year before but, not as bad as in the fairly recent past..
i think what we are seeing is that vast seperation of competitors.. top three or 4 look great.. when looking at the md photos of some of the individuals, i was shocked by some of them actually thinking they belonged on a usa stage.. i am all for them giving it their all but, some of them like they could not win a local show yet, qualified for the usa.. (maybe if products are harder this year for them to come by, what we are seeing are the gentically average falling by not being able to do massive amounts and the elite just shining through..)
but, that is how it should be.. only the elite genetically gifted should progress and have a shot at being pro.. the problem in the past was many of the winners of pro cards were not worthy.. they became very mediocre pros.. this year, we have curry, banks, and a few others who, could in time, be high level pros..
we will have to see how the nationals pan out.. they are in november and in recent years have been a little tougher as far as the competition.. we will have to see what numbers they pull.. was it the crack down?.. could be.. i doubt it since it has not been all that much tougher to get products (except for maybe the peptides.. which alot of guys relied on heavily so maybe i am wrong..) oh well.. what would bodybuilding be without controversy?..;)

Legs in general are down...Even in the heavy's and supers

Legs in general are down...Even in the heavy's and supers

Well, that's until I get there... in like 7 years! LOL.

I think some guys don't have good training philosophies. Brandon Curry supposedly does single exercise workouts for body parts for 20 sets. Bent Rows 20 sets. Etc. Spoke with him at the Pittsburgh and he didn't seem like the most cerebral bodybuilder out there. Some of them are just genetically gifted. My light-heavyweight buddy recently lost in the overall at the Indiana States to Ed Nunn a month ago. He asked Ed how he got his legs so big. Ed said "They were always big."

Hand one of those guys over to Charles Glass, Dante, etc... and you'd see the changes I think.

just to clear up the numbers for the usa.. the men's show had 107 competitors with the supers being the biggest they have had.. last year the men's had 180 competitors.. down a bit.. but, this years show including the women and the fitness ect pulled good numbers.. being as the economy is giving many fits, it still looks good.. last year the usa pulled very near record numbers for the men..

now according to the npc, the entries for the nationals this year are up.. so it appears that many who passed on the usa are heading for the nationals in november.. now the masters nationals (which include the teens and womens) had near 450 entries.. thats amazing.. the largest they have had.. so as you can see, the usa was down but, masters was up considerably and the nationals are strong.. so obviously, teens are hitting the stage in good numbers which bodes well for bodybuilding.. now add that to the record number of people going to the arnold classic each year you can see bodybuilding is doing quite well..

In defense of the lack of wheels.....

I seriously think it is hard to come in as condition as some of these guys are while maintaining a set of wheels. IMO in order to look as condition, you will need years of obtaining quality muscle mass and being able to sacrifice some during the precontest phase.

my philosphy is kinda out there but seems kinda true it seems like synthol use is growing very rapidly in the amatuer ranks and sooo many of these guys are or have worked with palumbo who tells all of them to use synthol.. i know personally i think the only guy he told not to use it was centopani lol.. this doesnt mean they all use it but.. anyway i was at the show i was at jr nats and everyone EVERYONE has big arms no one has lacking arms anymore
this is my arm theory.. i have no clue why there were so many lacking lower body.. if kirk defrancesco in the supers can get any kind of a sweep he'll be grabbing a pro card very soon

Attachments

• _W5Q0772_RQDFQNVYRI.jpg
    _W5Q0772_RQDFQNVYRI.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear