over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

George Peterson died today???

It seems to me if you are this committed and actively in prep with diuretics on board your "coach" should: 1) NEVER allow you to be alone during this phase 2) have a large bore IV access in place with IV K+ & plenty of IV fluids "on the ready" strung & primed with a pressure bag available to rapidly correct volume and electrolyte loss. 3) immediate access to an EKG. 4) an AED on the ready and know CPR. This loss of life is so avoidable and easily corrected if you know what to look for. These "coaches" should be held criminally liable for the deaths of their athletes.
EVERYONE else but us would think that is absurd if someone has to do all that to be safe to compete in a "sport"
i say drug test for diurectics.... but doesnt make it any healthier but making weight and being bone dry aint healthy in short term and thats the biggest prob
long term we can blame anything.

EVERYONE else but us would think that is absurd if someone has to do all that to be safe to compete in a "sport"
Look at the other extreme sports though, for example how extensive safety precautions are for race car drivers or NLF players.

What bodybuilding needs (not that it'll ever happen) are doctors and other real experts monitoring them and aware of what is going on.

I mean imagine if there was just 1 doctor checking in when competitors leading up to the show and monitoring them, this probably could have been prevented.

Not that it'll ever happen though, because of the illegal status of the things involved.

It should be like car racing, there should be certain amounts of enhancements allowed, and strict testing to make sure no one is using more than allowed, extensive safety protocols on hand, etc. Maybe in another 50 years...

I know my opinion means nothing as im just a mere "physique guy" but i'm glad i stopped competing... Living is more important to me... I look back at what i've taken to get that "Pro Card" and i keep my fingers crossed that i didn't create too much damage. Just to hang with these Pros i gotta blast a bunch..Fuck that.. Not worth it.. Shit even Bikini girls are juiced to the gills nowadays... and for what? there is no real return...it certainly isn't money..... all these deaths as of late and the truth is....NOTHING will change and more truth... NOBODY cares... Good guys have fallen..People say "they won't be forgotten"...bullshit, they've already been forgotten..

Wasn't JM on record for saying you could reach the level of peeled seen on stage without diuretics? It's just "easier " to use them?

Frankly, I'm amazed the whole industry hasn't had a crack down from the nanny state. The organization isn't going to make any hard, fast rules. That means they accept responsibility which they'll never do. On the flip side, like weight cuts for fighting, wrestling, or any other weight category sport (including powerlifting) maybe people should stop playing these games with their weight and drastic swings. It's 100% on the competitor.

I'm sorry to see someone pass, but I say this almost every time a post like this comes up. Writing RIP doesn't make him come back, it doesn't console the family members that knew him, and it doesn't change anything.

When are the competitors going to stand for actual change if they really care? If they don't care, then proceed as normal and hope your "guru" who will accept 0 responsibility doesn't fuck you up.

Look at the other extreme sports though, for example how extensive safety precautions are for race car drivers or NLF players.

What bodybuilding needs (not that it'll ever happen) are doctors and other real experts monitoring them and aware of what is going on.

I mean imagine if there was just 1 doctor checking in when competitors leading up to the show and monitoring them, this probably could have been prevented.

Not that it'll ever happen though, because of the illegal status of the things involved.

It should be like car racing, there should be certain amounts of enhancements allowed, and strict testing to make sure no one is using more than allowed, extensive safety protocols on hand, etc. Maybe in another 50 years...

You make some very good points K but. . . . what bodybuilder competing at that level would listen to a Dr., take his advise? They did not before and would not then. Most would argue that they know more than the Dr. But again, I agree with you in principle.

Maybe having mandatory health testing done a few times a year for pros should be something the IFBB should look into

Mandatory echo, bloodwork...etc

Some (not all) of these guys might just stop based on what they see is coming for them. A lot of these guys are uninformed on what is they are actually doing; ie. Bboy's point of everyone being a coach these days, and everyone needing a coach as well

Let's also remember that some of the recent deaths were not bodybuilding related. I don't remember all the names off the top of my head but two were suicide, including Mighty Mouse, one was Covid pneumonia and there's one more I'm forgetting. Let's try not to jump right into it was AAS when we don't know anything about these people in their personal lives including drinking, rec drugs, etc. and things they've done throughout their lives. Unknown genetic issues play a roll. Looking healthy and being healthy are two different things. I'm not downplaying things but you don't hear of powerlifters dropping dead. I think the basic AAS like Test and Deca have had fairly benign effects on generations of bodybuilders. The abuse of Tren and other "exotics" that have become incredibly popular are hard on the kidneys and lipids. Anavar was a drug that was thought to be safe due to it's low toxicity level but it reeks havoc on the lipids. Long term abuse of these drugs, diuretics, and basic neglect of things like BP are causing too many of the issues we're seeing today.

I'm not downplaying things but you don't hear of powerlifters dropping dead.
Some powerlifters like Greg Panora say early deaths are epidemic among top powerlifters. The heavyweights especially. Kidney failure, heart failure, strokes. Greg had a stroke himself. Now he preaches much more moderate drug use. Says past 40 you really need to drop down to HRT if you want to live.
Lots and lots of legendary heavyweight PLers have died early.

The level of extremism is everywhere...I competed in the WPO in the early to mid 2000’s, when there was a 48 hour weigh in. I know one top guy that took blood out to make weight, already being dehydrated as shit. Guys regularly dropped 30 lbs to make weigh, IV bags were everywhere after weigh ins...I never had to drop much more than 10-12lbs to make 181, guys that lifted at 165 would walk around at 190...I couldn’t take cutting weight so I didn’t....

BTW, as others have pointed out, I was wrong, George wasn't over the 212 weight cap and likely wasn't using any diuretics at the time of his death.

Just like fight sports have things like the Nevada athletic committee that require health physicals for you to be licensed to fight, bodybuilding should have the same type of health screening for you to be issued a pro card to compete or you must have a physical x amount of time before your scheduled contest. Something along those lines could possibly help

Heard on social media (speculation) that his father passed in late 30s from an aneurysm, so it could very well be a genetic thing. Well, the gear and lifestyle didn't help (probably made it a higher risk)

awful! so dumb and ridiculous for what? its become the dumbest sport on earth. so sad

awful! so dumb and ridiculous for what? its become the dumbest sport on earth. so sad
That's disrespectful of you. You don't even know what killed him; as the poster above said, he may have had a genetic predisposition toward anyeurism. And what's worse? an 80 year life of never doign what you love and having no fulfillment but just remaining alive or being alive 37 years while feeling great personal fulfillment? It's up to each individual to find what means most to them in life and we can't negatively judge them even if we personally wouldn't want the kind of life they lead.

Just like fight sports have things like the Nevada athletic committee that require health physicals for you to be licensed to fight, bodybuilding should have the same type of health screening for you to be issued a pro card to compete or you must have a physical x amount of time before your scheduled contest. Something along those lines could possibly help

Yes but think about this. Mr Olympia competitors get health screening and half are told it's all over, it's not safe to compete anymore. What then?

Most of them have hearts double the normal size.

Unqualified coaches??
Chad Nichols , George Farrah , Chris Aceto , Milos Scarcev , John Meadows . . .
All these guys have had top level Olympia athletes and champions , they have all had clients with "issues" from extreme protocols and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Samir Bannout doesn't have any competitors taking the Olympia stage so this brings my question
"What is a qualified coach"
The sport is evolving faster than the bodys can keep up , bigger and bigger , leaner and leaner.
It's not going to be about "only the absolute elite can get that far" , it's gonna be "only the absolute healthiest of the elite can survive it that far"

Yes but think about this. Mr Olympia competitors get health screening and half are told it's all over, it's not safe to compete anymore. What then?

Most of them have hearts double the normal size.

Making assumptions like that are how rumors get started and people start talking like it's a fact. Let's just stick to what we know. And if you're going to use Dallas McCarver as an example, I agree with Palumbo...he had to have a genetic pre-disposition to heart disease to have that many clogged arteries at 23 regardless of the amount of gear he was using.

Very unfortunate. I believe a simple solution is a weigh in directly before going on stage. If you have gained more than 5 percent from initial weigh in you are DQd.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws