advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gf's post contest health issues and bloodwork (need advice)

Her labs are not that bad.

Bun and BUN/CR is higher from the protein intake, but that is to be expected. Make sure she is hydrated as it will effect these numbers. Her Cr is normal.

Cholesterol is barely over 200, and her TG's and HDL is normal, only her LDL is high, which may be from the Anavar weeks prior, and of course dietary now.

Her thyroid is not out of balance all that much at all. TSH is normal.

How much did she weigh at contest, and how much now?

I'm playing devil's advocate here but if here condition was brought up by severe calorie deprivation for long time(I think I read 6 months?) wouldn't it make sense to start reversing it until she reaches homestasis? perhaps higher carbs, med fat, and low protein?

I'm playing devil's advocate here but if here condition was brought up by severe calorie deprivation for long time(I think I read 6 months?) wouldn't it make sense to start reversing it until she reaches homestasis? perhaps higher carbs, med fat, and low protein?

No, because her symptoms do not come from deprivation of carbs, fats and protein, but rather from essential nutrients. Specifically minerals. The human body needs every single day of our lives 90 essential nutrients. Nutrients that are involved in every single biochemical process in the body. If ANY of those nutrients is not present, or in very low amounts, it is just a matter of time until something breaks. Simple as that. Those essential nutrients are 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 amino acids and 2 fatty acids. Plus antioxidants to combat oxidative damage.

All her symptoms and conditions can be reversed through proper nutrient therapy specifically prescribed for her age and weight. That has to be addressed by a licensed naturopathic Doctor, ND. But still, it takes time. Is not like a drug that you take it and in an hour hits you and you get high. Nutrients take months for the body to reverse symptoms, but thats the proper way to do it. its cure, not treatment.

don't eat too much, instead of some vitamin and supplement, eating multiple small meals rather than three larger ones and also keep training.

fuck.

sounds like you got a 'secret eater' on your hands bro

Helpful reply... thanks

More helpful than recommending quack drs.

Barring a thyroid issue, which bloodwork says there isnt, if you are gaining weight you are eating a surplus of calories. Unless you are living with her and watching every ounce of food ingested,shes over eating.

How can TSH be in range but free T4 be low?

Very curious on this because I recently had my thyroid checked and my TSH was around .762 (range .450-4.500)

And my T4 was low at 4.1 (range 4.5 - 12.0)

what does this mean in both these cases?

Last edited:
How can TSH be in range but free T4 be low?

Very curious on this because I recently had my thyroid checked and my TSH was around .762 (range .450-4.500)

And my T4 was low at 4.1 (range 4.5 - 12.0)

what does this mean in both these cases?

Generally, a lowish T4 in correlation with a low TSH would indicate there is sufficient and or supraphysiological thyroid hormones (FT3) in circulation. Which would lead one to believe that your negative feedback loop is functioning properly, thus reducing thyroid hormone production.

In other words, your hypothalamus---intrapituitary is telling your TRH-->TSH to put the brakes on sending a signal to your thyroid to pump out more T4-->T3.

Are you on any thyroid hormones? Your TSH is a bit on the lowish side.

Last edited:
Generally, a lowish T4 in correlation with a low TSH would indicate there is sufficient and or supraphysiological thyroid hormones (FT3) in circulation. Which would lead one to believe that your negative feedback loop is functioning properly, thus reducing thyroid hormone production.

In other words, your hypothalamus---intrapituitary is telling your TRH-->TSH to put the brakes on sending a signal to your thyroid to pump out more T4-->T3.

Are you on any thyroid hormones? Your TSH is a bit on the lowish side.

that blood work result was 6 weeks post contest after using 12 weeks of T3 dosed at 75mcgs towards the end of prep.

i never had my FT3 checked. what youre saying makes sense then in my case.

I feel for you, but it's always the simplest answer. Blood work is not really that bad. Most guys on the forum would be happy if their elevated values were in that range. Meanwhile you're jumping through hoops trying to figure out some magic way to gain 40lbs on 1300 calories. Come on man, you know what's going on here. You're not getting the strait story on the eating. Don't take it personally, she probably doesn't think she's being dishonest with you. she's just rationalizing the behavior out of her mind. Women are experts at this. It's not lying if:

I didn't mean to do it.
You wouldn't understand the truth.
I don't do it that much.
I was having a bad day.
I skipped 2 prepped meals and ate Mc Donald's
Etc, etc, etc

Follow the excellent vitamin and nutrient advice given by others and tell her that you love her no matter what she weighs and get back to your life.

I feel for you, but it's always the simplest answer. Blood work is not really that bad. Most guys on the forum would be happy if their elevated values were in that range. Meanwhile you're jumping through hoops trying to figure out some magic way to gain 40lbs on 1300 calories. Come on man, you know what's going on here. You're not getting the strait story on the eating. Don't take it personally, she probably doesn't think she's being dishonest with you. she's just rationalizing the behavior out of her mind. Women are experts at this. It's not lying if:

I didn't mean to do it.
You wouldn't understand the truth.
I don't do it that much.
I was having a bad day.
I skipped 2 prepped meals and ate Mc Donald's
Etc, etc, etc

Follow the excellent vitamin and nutrient advice given by others and tell her that you love her no matter what she weighs and get back to your life.

it doesn't count if:

I regretted it later
I didn't know his name
I was thinking of you the entire time (I swear!)
I was drunk
I didn't orgasm
It was only anal

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members