over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gluten free guys?

sma

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hi guys I'm new to gluten free and been advised by my doctor that rashes of my skin were caused from gluten intolerance . I just noticed this 2 months ago on the top of my thigh. My old diet I ate cream of wheat, oats, Ezekiel bread etc

Currently my carb sources are : fruit ( ones I like , coconut water , cherries, raisins, mangos, bananas, pineapple) grains pretty much only white rice

Other things I use is coconut sugar , and honey

Besides gluten the only thing I don't touch is dairy ,

But I'm lost on what to do for cheats, lately it's been sushi ( w/ no tempura rolls ) so I don't even consider it a cheat

Dude it's 2013. There's gluten free everything.

There's gluten free bread so you can have a burger or something, or if you do dairy that day gluten free pizza, or if you want cakes there's tons of gluten free cake recipes.

Just eat the same stuff you'd regularly want for a cheat meal but... Make it gluten free. Not too crazy, eh?

Do your cheats need to contain lots of carbs? The food I eat is both healthy and delicious so I don't really cheat per se. But if I do splurge on something it's usually still fairly low carb but high fat because of the way I eat.

If you need carbs, you could make a sweet potato casserole, there are plenty of recipes for healthy ones. Sushi is a good option too, like you said. A higher carb cheat I use sometimes if I craving it is homemade fries or potato chips. Just use my mandolin to slice up a few russet potatoes and fry them in lard or tallow. Pour a little red wine vinegar and sprinkle some sea salt over them. That's pretty good.

What kinds of things did your cheat meals used to consist of?

There's gluten free bread so you can have a burger or something, or if you do dairy that day gluten free pizza, or if you want cakes there's tons of gluten free cake recipes.

Just eat the same stuff you'd regularly want for a cheat meal but... Make it gluten free. Not too crazy, eh?

This is a viable option depending on your other eating habits. I've found though, that most "gluten-free" products contain canola oil or other industrial seed oils, often contain MSG and sometimes other unhealthy additives.

You could always make gluten free replacement foods from scratch if you have the time and desire. Cauliflower is super versatile, make it into pizza crust, etc. If you're interested I follow several Paleo blogs which have tons of gluten free recipes.

This is a viable option depending on your other eating habits. I've found though, that most "gluten-free" products contain canola oil or other industrial seed oils, often contain MSG and sometimes other unhealthy additives.

You could always make gluten free replacement foods from scratch if you have the time and desire. Cauliflower is super versatile, make it into pizza crust, etc. If you're interested I follow several Paleo blogs which have tons of gluten free recipes.

Yeah sorry I didn't mean to say BUY them, I can't afford that so I just make it. Sorry it wasn't clear.

one thing I would really recommend to people going gluten free for health particularly is, learn from this shit!

gluten free is great but in all seriousness all these gluten free products should be considered additional crap foods. just changing from your poor diet which is centered around breads or pastas or whatever other processed crap you have been eating that got you unhealthy in the first place.

for 6 months minimum but more like a year try to avoid all processed and packaged foods. eat rice, potatos, food in there natural state. eat naturally raised meat, eat fruit but don't go crazy with it. be sure to eat LOTS of good fats.

after 6mo or a year of living like this ( if you cheat more then a few times you didn't try hard enough ) then you can go back to adding in this non necessary stuff in small amounts if you so desire.

but just switching from one processed piece of garbage to another is stupid, learn! base your diet on FOOD not food like substances.

another fun thing I do is read ingrediants. then picture all of them laid out on the counter, if you don't know what they all look like and taste like actually do this some time. then sit and eat them as individual components. still enjoy it? great way to rationalize bad food choices.

I was just a burger and fries guy lol not to crazy eh? Ill search gluten free burgers in the area , tried a few breads and they taste like shit

The odd oatmeal cookies , or ice cream

I was just a burger and fries guy lol not to crazy eh? Ill search gluten free burgers in the area , tried a few breads and they taste like shit

The odd oatmeal cookies , or ice cream

this is what im talking about, lol! don't do this and think you are really going gluten free.:rolleyes:

Do your cheats need to contain lots of carbs? The food I eat is both healthy and delicious so I don't really cheat per se. But if I do splurge on something it's usually still fairly low carb but high fat because of the way I eat.

If you need carbs, you could make a sweet potato casserole, there are plenty of recipes for healthy ones. Sushi is a good option too, like you said. A higher carb cheat I use sometimes if I craving it is homemade fries or potato chips. Just use my mandolin to slice up a few russet potatoes and fry them in lard or tallow. Pour a little red wine vinegar and sprinkle some sea salt over them. That's pretty good.

What kinds of things did your cheat meals used to consist of?

I stated above sushi ( tempura stuff was #1) then like burger fries, ice cream , oatmeal raisin cookies, and sometimes pancakes/ waffles or cereal

Those were usually my cheats and when I did go to restaurants for burger and home fries I would ask for them to be fried in olive oil not canola ( none have coconut ) so I am like you in that regard farm

this is what im talking about, lol! don't do this and think you are really going gluten free.:rolleyes:

Stupidest thing I ever heard I have an intolerance to gluten so if the products I eat don't contain wheat barley rye or millet I am fine, hence gluten free

Dairy free is my choice

I get very little gluten just what i get with very little i eat out and whats in treast like cookies and poptarts which don't come very often. When i do get to much i can tell because i get bloated and very gassy.

My wife makes gluten free pancakes and waffels all the time , several big belgin waffels ahs been my weekend carb load/cheat

I've been on a GF diet since 2005. The availability and options for people who have to be gf has grown exponentially since I was diagnosed.
The pasta and breads don't all taste good but at least their are options.
One thing I've learned about gf foods is that some are just as high in fat/carbs/cal is their wheat counterpart. It seems that companies in an attempt at getting these products to taste as close to wheat products end up using a shit-ton of butter or grease. A lot of what I see labeled as gf is really unhealthy and not what I would recommend for someone on a regular diet much less a gf diet.

Stupidest thing I ever heard I have an intolerance to gluten so if the products I eat don't contain wheat barley rye or millet I am fine, hence gluten free

Dairy free is my choice

if you say so dude, im happy to check back again in 10 years or so and we can compare notes again if you'd like. lol

my point is that no matter what those foods should be considered cheats and not a dietary staple.

if you say so dude, im happy to check back again in 10 years or so and we can compare notes again if you'd like. lol

my point is that no matter what those foods should be considered cheats and not a dietary staple.

Did u see my list of staples ? I guess you didn't read my whole thread did ya? Go back to the top and read it all , also make sure to understand I said for cheat meals

Ding ding ding - we have a winner

Lk3 seems like your hard pressed from eating natural foods lol

I get very little gluten just what i get with very little i eat out and whats in treast like cookies and poptarts which don't come very often. When i do get to much i can tell because i get bloated and very gassy.

My wife makes gluten free pancakes and waffels all the time , several big belgin waffels ahs been my weekend carb load/cheat

What flour is in the ingredients? And what brand

Ive been paleo for 8 years...with in week not only will skin clear. You will think more clearly. Pharm Fed is on point with his suggestions.

What flour is in the ingredients? And what brand

I don't know what Gunsmith eats, but here is a recipe for Paleo waffles. Gluten free of course, but other than a little arrowroot powder to thicken it up it's just fruits and almond butter. Fat tab of grass-fed butter on top and just a bit of real maple syrup. Can't go wrong with that for a cheat!

I don't know what Gunsmith eats, but here is a recipe for Paleo waffles. Gluten free of course, but other than a little arrowroot powder to thicken it up it's just fruits and almond butter. Fat tab of grass-fed butter on top and just a bit of real maple syrup. Can't go wrong with that for a cheat!

Lol where's the recipe thanks for the tease

This Friday I was going to do 1/2 roasted chicken or skinless thighs and legs baked w/ sweet potatoe fries ( chip cut and fried in coconut oil )

Did u see my list of staples ? I guess you didn't read my whole thread did ya? Go back to the top and read it all , also make sure to understand I said for cheat meals

Ding ding ding - we have a winner

Lk3 seems like your hard pressed from eating natural foods lol

I did read the whole thread originally. I guess my original post did not emphasize enough the cheat aspect.

I then went and read your diet post.

from reading this I could tell that you are pretty new to these things. it took a dr to suggest the gluten thing after you had some type of problem.

some of your limitations are self imposed.

after 10-15 years of living on a strict diet maybe you will have a different perspective, I think gunsmith mentions something about this, I mention this as I think he is a guy with quite a bit of experience.

live and enjoy life, use your cheat meals for those normal times or when a cookie will save your sanity. eating gluten in that one cheat meal will help you to remember why you choose to avoid it, other then some gas/bloating/discomfort it prob wont make much difference.

if it does to the extent that you break out in haves or something then you have a more serious issue to address.

good luck

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity