over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Golden Nuggets of Wisdom

Exactly!

I have been doing full body workout seven days a week for almost a decade. I never hit overtraining. But during my training I almost never over stimulate either...unless I’m going for a PR....which if I’m being honest, lately has been several times a week lol
But don't you think it is important to try to hit a PR every workout sure will have off days when we don't feel our best so this doesn't happen everytime and we have to deload. But as a general barometer the most important thing is progressive overload when I mean PR I don't necessarily mean one rep max but say you curl 100 lb barbell for 10 reps last time let's try to do 11... If you can't after a couple workouts then that means you aren't progressing probably because you're not allowing yourself enough time to heal, or lifestyle choices are preventing you from healing

Don't be afraid to eat if you're truly training hard.
Usually where people fail is they overeat junk food. It's much more difficult to overeat clean. Lot of people like to say "If it fits your macros" but if you don't have the part for micros your body can't run optimally meaning I can't heal optimally

But don't you think it is important to try to hit a PR every workout sure will have off days when we don't feel our best so this doesn't happen everytime and we have to deload. But as a general barometer the most important thing is progressive overload when I mean PR I don't necessarily mean one rep max but say you curl 100 lb barbell for 10 reps last time let's try to do 11... If you can't after a couple workouts then that means you aren't progressing probably because you're not allowing yourself enough time to heal, or lifestyle choices are preventing you from healing
Some days I just have to go through the motions...I know I’m the kind of person who has the ability to go all out every day...I have to purposely throttle myself back.

my progress in built on my percentages these days to avoid the overstimulation...but sometimes I feel the need to go further

Hey thats a good one that I follow..most of the time hahah.

Its that less is more. Youre first cycle isnt necessarily your best like they say. Ive had better ones with more experience with hormones.

500mg is a lot for someones first cycle when theyre 175 lbs and Ive seen countless posts for 15 years about running 500 Test, 400 Deca, and some dianabol. When that same weight could have been gained nearly in 300ish mg if weekly test. This goes for the closet 18 year olds that claim to be older to avoid being flamed (I was one of those I just never said my age)

Also the more Test and other hormones you take with a bad diet will make you fatter. If I eat the same bad diet on 750-1000mgs as opposed to just 350-500mg so I see if Im a hyper-responder,

Also When Tren being no joke, that shit is serious, especially Enanthate. Its the only compound where the ester has a profoudn affect on sides.

DO NOT EGO LIFT! Form baby. Lit light. Squat 135 all the way to the ground if you have to for high reps. I did it earlier beside this guy and he was judging. I did go heavier, but it works for me to do 30 squats at 135-185 and explode up and take 4-5 FULL seconds to go down. Or go heavier for 20 rep squats by a bit and go a bit faster. I can curl decently ( I armwrestle some) but some workouts Im merely training my tendons or endurance.

For cardio: Use the stair climber! It tones that ass and quads so well. The treadmill is good and all and has its place, but the stairs after any workout is great. Gets me a damn pump in my legs

Everything you said here I agree with... But are you saying when on more hormones with a poor diet you will gain more fat than when not on hormones with a poor diet? This is not true, but people that take this approach usually display other patterns which contribute to this.

At higher body fats, you'll for sure get more sides and hold a lot of water that looks like fat (and being fat will also decrease results or make it very hard to tell if the results are muscle tissue or fat so if the person continues thinking they're getting bigger and bigger when they're just getting fatter and fatter) and usually the people that dirty bulk go out of their way to start eating way more calories in necessary, and way more than what they were eating prior.

Exactly!

I have been doing full body workout seven days a week for almost a decade. I never hit overtraining. But during my training I almost never over stimulate either...unless I’m going for a PR....which if I’m being honest, lately has been several times a week lol
Honestly I've never tried something like that (not counting when I was 15 and really didn't know anything, like diet how to lift the weight mind muscle connection, rep range ect.

How many sets do you do per muscle group doing full body workouts? What does a workout look like for you? How often do you hit failure or go beyond or how near failure do you approach?

I'm interested to know, because coming from my experience I'm sore for at least a couple days even just doing two to four work sets a muscle group.

Honestly I've never tried something like that (not counting when I was 15 and really didn't know anything, like diet how to lift the weight mind muscle connection, rep range ect.

How many sets do you do per muscle group doing full body workouts? What does a workout look like for you? How often do you hit failure or go beyond or how near failure do you approach?

I'm interested to know, because coming from my experience I'm sore for at least a couple days even just doing two to four work sets a muscle group.
I either do squats or bench as my main mover for the day. I alternate speed days with max effort. I also alternate the angle on bench. Very much conjugate my way. On squat day I will do heavy flys for chest or incline dumbbell press to failure. On chest day I will usually almost 100% of the time do belt squats for as heavy as I can for at least 10 reps and as many sets as I have time for.

my shoulders are complete shit from a lifetime of lifting and professional shooting. So, I superset rear delts (high band) with every set of my main mover exercise..just to keep it together. On squat days I will also do bands for shoulder press and side laterals.

what I have listed above is the important things for me..the things I have deemed absolutely necessary and non negotiable. Below is simply accessory and as I get older? Damage prevention. I used to call them glamor muscles lol

then when the main mover is done I will just pick movements for the other muscles and just do that for 6-10 sets..if I’m in a hurry I just super set it. But I will never use the same movement 2 days in a row.

now, for the soreness. I get sore, but at the same time I know the soreness will be gone after the first set..that first set is a bitch though..even with just the bar. But I start light on everything..I’m talking 35% or 1RM.

Make lifting your passion! That's the foundation of all of this. A lot of variables change over the years, gear, possibly competing, injuries, kids, life's ups and downs, etc, but always lift!! When lifting is the foundation it becomes a life long endeavor regardless of the other factors. Let it become second nature. All the other things come and go but let training be the constant. You won't regret it!

I would stay away from all outside sports activities. If you really want to live a long, healthy, and for the most part pain free life, stay away. I decided to play college football and ended up breaking my ankle, fibula and tibia. I can still lift, but only light legs, and I live with pain every day.

Train to impress yourself, nobody else!!

In my experience, when young and building mass, a few things stood out to help more than others. Steak, milk, muscle milk, ice cream, pb&j's, and hamburgers.

Make lifting your passion! That's the foundation of all of this. A lot of variables change over the years, gear, possibly competing, injuries, kids, life's ups and downs, etc, but always lift!! When lifting is the foundation it becomes a life long endeavor regardless of the other factors. Let it become second nature. All the other things come and go but let training be the constant. You won't regret it!
Agreed, but I would piggyback good nutrition along with this: all the other things come and go but let training and (MOSTLY) good nutritional habits be the constant. I don't think anyone ever regretted eating well later in life.

Never give up. Never surrender.

Man who goes to bed with itchy butt wakes up with smelly finger.

If I could go back 30 yrs when I started to train, it would be to not overtrain. I use to read Arnold's encyclopedia of bodybuilding and it was all about volume. When I read about mike mentzer and Dorian Yates style style of training...and actually tried it,I was shocked at how quickly my body responded.

When things are going well don't worry. it will change.

Train as frequently as your recovery ability allows. Don't let anyone tell you that everything can only be trained once a week, figure it out for yourself.

Have the sense of knowing when to pull back, also. I'm very much guilty of knowing that lower volume works better for me, yet still wanting to push it.

Visualize. This will take you far in so many aspects of life.

I remember being a skinny kid after learning to walk again and then deciding after being bullied to pursue bodybuilding. I saw something others said impossible due to my brittle bone disease. I know that if I never spent time picturing what I wanted it would never have happened.

What the young man does, the old man pays for.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws