over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HELP GETTING RID OF BACTERIAL PROSTATITIS

I had it, was prescribe Bactrim and got rid of it in 7 days. I knew I had a prostate issue, but it wasn't until my wife and I had sex and after climax is was predominantly dried blood that came out of me I knew it was a worse problems then swollen prostate. Dr told me the only way to clear me out was to masterbate or have sex. Lol I also suffered from depression for many months and avoided sex. Was pretty rough.

I am curious what is the best checks for a dr to do for prostisis? Mine did an exam, and ultrasound.

I was surprised no MRI or blood work.

Has anyone had relief without antibiotics? (Cranberry and vitamins instead)

Last edited:
I am curious what is the best checks for a dr to do for prostisis? Mine did an exam, and ultrasound.

I was surprised no MRI or blood work.

Has anyone had relief without antibiotics? (Cranberry and vitamins instead)

No role for MRI in prostatitis. Blood work only if suspect acute bacterial prostatitis. Otherwise is clinic diagnosis, combined with results from urine/prostate secretion cultures.

One common thing diagnosed as "prostatitis" is actually chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and is treated with pelvic floor physical therapy/active release techniques. Not fun, but works in many cases.

I had it, was prescribe Bactrim and got rid of it in 7 days. I knew I had a prostate issue, but it wasn't until my wife and I had sex and after climax is was predominantly dried blood that came out of me I knew it was a worse problems then swollen prostate. Dr told me the only way to clear me out was to masterbate or have sex. Lol I also suffered from depression for many months and avoided sex. Was pretty rough.

I'm not 100% sure but as far as I know there is a couple different types of prostatitis. There is acute bacterial prostatitis, there is chronic Bacterial Prostatitis, and none bacterial prostatitis. From the little I know acute comes on faster but is easier to cure chronic baterial prostatitis takes months of antibiotics to get rid of it and alot of times that won't get rid of it. Or in returns later. I just finished 42 days of antibiotics and I still have it, or at least symptoms. So tomorrow I have to go back to the Dr and I'm guessing I have another long stretch of antibiotics coming in my near future. As to your question, is it possible to get rid of bacterial prostatitis without antibiotics. No I don't believe it is. As far as I know, they( Dr's) just don't know a lot about prostatitis. Anyways hope this helps, and I'm glad you got rid of yours. From what I've researched a lot of guys continue to have issues long after the get it.

No role for MRI in prostatitis. Blood work only if suspect acute bacterial prostatitis. Otherwise is clinic diagnosis, combined with results from urine/prostate secretion cultures.

One common thing diagnosed as "prostatitis" is actually chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and is treated with pelvic floor physical therapy/active release techniques. Not fun, but works in many cases.

Thanks .

Unfortunately the dr didn't tell me if it was bacterial. He just said "prostatitis" and gave me tetracycline.

Still unsure if I am going to get a 2nd opinion or just take the antibiotics.

Thanks .

Unfortunately the dr didn't tell me if it was bacterial. He just said "prostatitis" and gave me tetracycline.

Still unsure if I am going to get a 2nd opinion or just take the antibiotics.

Good luck man. Yeah, it's a difficult diagnosis if it's not obvious and acute. (acute you are usually ill). sometimes antibiotics help even if nonbacterial. Still not exactly sure why.

Good luck man. Yeah, it's a difficult diagnosis if it's not obvious and acute. (acute you are usually ill). sometimes antibiotics help even if nonbacterial. Still not exactly sure why.

I came across the information about antibiotics helping none bacterial prostatitis. Do feel its possible the reason it helps is because it really is bacterial prostatitis. But it just wasn't showing up on a urine culture test?? The reason I ask is my Dr said it won't always show up. Also how do they do a prostate secretion test? Do I even want to know?

Last edited:
I came across the information about antibiotics helping none bacterial prostatitis. Do feel its possible the reason it helps is because it really is bacterial prostatitis. But it just wasn't showing up on a urine culture test?? The reason I ask is my Dr said it won't always show up. Also how do they do a prostate secretion test? Do I even want to know?

Yeah it's possible there is bacteria there, just not expressed. Prostate is full of ducts that can harbor infection.

The way the tests are done is to first get a mid stream urine sample to culture, then to have a thorough prostate "milking", then get a voided specimen from that and culture it. FUN.

One could also do a proxy by simply culturing the semen. Positive tests obviously need treatment with abx. the problem is if it comes back negative (no infection).

Typical "non bacterial" will have white blood cells present but no bacteria, signs of inflammation, basically.

There are some antibiotics that have anti-inflammatory properties, like doxycycline, so that may be a reason it helps. But I've seen guys with nonbacterial prostatitis get better with extended courses of bactrim or Cipro.

Now...the question is, would they have gotten better regardless...without the antibiotic? Possible.

It's a very tough thing to deal with for the patient..and for the physician. I loathe it.

Yeah it's possible there is bacteria there, just not expressed. Prostate is full of ducts that can harbor infection.

The way the tests are done is to first get a mid stream urine sample to culture, then to have a thorough prostate "milking", then get a voided specimen from that and culture it. FUN.

One could also do a proxy by simply culturing the semen. Positive tests obviously need treatment with abx. the problem is if it comes back negative (no infection).

Typical "non bacterial" will have white blood cells present but no bacteria, signs of inflammation, basically.

There are some antibiotics that have anti-inflammatory properties, like doxycycline, so that may be a reason it helps. But I've seen guys with nonbacterial prostatitis get better with extended courses of bactrim or Cipro.

Now...the question is, would they have gotten better regardless...without the antibiotic? Possible.

It's a very tough thing to deal with for the patient..and for the physician. I loathe it.

Probably a dumb question but.

Is there any way I can knock out this prostisis without the tetracycline the dr gave? (Vitamins herbs and maybe cranberry juice and pelvic exercises?)

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question but.

Is there any way I can knock out this prostisis without the tetracycline the dr gave? (Vitamins herbs and maybe cranberry juice and pelvic exercises?)

Just difficult to say without seeing you and seeing culture results, etc. If truly no infection, then yeah probably will get better with some anti inflammatories and time. I have started recommending Curcumin (the good kind) to see if that might help with some of these guys.

Everyone is so individual when it comes to prostatitis and what helps them. For some it's warm sitz baths. For some it's frequent masturbation. For some prostate massage. For others may be antibiotics.

Can't think of any vitamins that will help, but vitamins prob won't *hurt* either.

Good luck man. I know this is frustrating.

Just difficult to say without seeing you and seeing culture results, etc. If truly no infection, then yeah probably will get better with some anti inflammatories and time. I have started recommending Curcumin (the good kind) to see if that might help with some of these guys.

Everyone is so individual when it comes to prostatitis and what helps them. For some it's warm sitz baths. For some it's frequent masturbation. For some prostate massage. For others may be antibiotics.

Can't think of any vitamins that will help, but vitamins prob won't *hurt* either.

Good luck man. I know this is frustrating.

Thanks for the advice !

Probably overkill but I will probably ask the dr to check my blood psa today.

Just thought I'd give a quick update. I went to the Dr yesterday. My urine culture came back negative, I had the pleasure of another prostate exam( this Dr was different then the last one that saw me. He said my my prostate "felt" perfectly normal. Not enlarged, no swelling or inflammation from what he could tell. He said I no longer have prostatitis and in his opinion he thinks I might not of had it in the first place due to not having severe pain or discomfort either time I had a prostate exam. I also had a bladder scan that came back good.my bladder is emptying like it's suppose to. I am having a follow up with a urologist to have my PSA checked and to make sure everything else is OK. But as of right now I have no more prostatitis. Hopefully it will stay that way! *Note thanks thebigbus and everyone else that posted!!

Last edited:
Just thought I'd give a quick update. I went to the Dr yesterday. My urine culture came back negative, I had the pleasure of another prostate exam( this Dr was different then the last one that saw me. He said my my prostate "felt" perfectly normal. Not enlarged, no swelling or inflammation from what he could tell. He said I no longer have prostatitis and in his opinion he thinks I might not of had it in the first place due to not having severe pain or discomfort either time I had a prostate exam. I also had a bladder scan that came back good.my bladder is emptying like it's suppose to. I am having a follow up with a urologist to have my PSA checked and to make sure everything else is OK. But as of right now I have no more prostatitis. Hopefully it will stay that way! *Note thanks thebigbus and everyone else that posted!!

Great news . Did you take any antibiotics?

Great news man. Hope it stays away! These issues are no fun.

I saw a guy today whose primary care doc TOLD him he had prostatitis simply because he has low back and groin pain. Not the typical prostatitis symptomatology.

Prostate felt fine. Urine fine. Bladder scan normal.

On exam, though, he has super tight levator muscles. Oh, and he's stressed to the hilt. He also ejaculates only about every 2 months.

So...stress relief...more frequent ejaculation... :) Pelvic floor therapy if things don't improve.

These are complicated issues and there's just no one-size-fits-all for "prostatitis". (that's a catch-all diagnosis and it's unfortunate).

Hmm . . .

thebigbus,

I always have low back and groin pain prior to a flare-up of prostatitis. Always.
When the meds kick in the pain goes away. And it goes without saying, so does
the prostatitis.

When these two things rear their ugly head, I know what is store for me. Never
fails.

My prostate has always felt fine (or so I am told ;) ) but painful. Urine always fine.
And my bladder scan normal too.

And you are so right . . . these are indeed complicated issues and there's just
no one-size-fits-all for prostatitis.

Thanks for your contributions here thebigbus.

Thebigbus,
After doing all the research and reading about the prostate that I have. I'll be honest I am ALOT more wary about my prostate health. I wanted to ask you, do you feel if someone is on a fairly large cycle of non aromatizing AAS. Do you feel they should take some type of 5a-reductase inhibitor? Also what other things do you recommend for prostate Health, natural or prescription? I will be taking saw palmetto, and circumin but not sure what else would be most effective? On a side note when I go to the urologist, is there anything you can think of that I should ask him to test for since I am an AAS user? Again thanks for your time, and patients with all the questions!

Hmm . . .

thebigbus,

I always have low back and groin pain prior to a flare-up of prostatitis. Always.
When the meds kick in the pain goes away. And it goes without saying, so does
the prostatitis.

When these two things rear their ugly head, I know what is store for me. Never
fails.

My prostate has always felt fine (or so I am told ;) ) but painful. Urine always fine.
And my bladder scan normal too.

And you are so right . . . these are indeed complicated issues and there's just
no one-size-fits-all for prostatitis.

Thanks for your contributions here thebigbus.

Yeah man, in many instances the low back and groin pain is concomitant with prostatitis. But it's not always so cut and dry and obviously a million things can cause those symptoms.

That's why I hate this pathology...no real objective findings in MOST cases so it becomes a diagnosis of exclusion.

It's like the dreaded interstitial cystitis we see in (mostly) female patients. Vague symptoms and you have to rule out a million other things before you can truly diagnose it.

I thought I had chronic prostatitis when I was a youngster. Went to tons of doctors had tons of tests. Not even sure if I ever had it. I think it was over stenghtenging of the muscle that closes off your bladder that was causing the discomfort. Had trouble peeing, especially After ejacualting, if I got another erection it was pretty painful at the base, like someone tied off my blood flow. Constant starting and stopping during peeing.

To make a long story short some of the symptoms went away with time, but I still have trouble peeing at times or with painful flow to my erections, especially when taking Stims.

I don't think I get loweback pain or testicle pain anymore unless I'm constipated.

I think I remember reading high zinc helps, especially since these things linger any comeback sometimes.

Last edited:
I thought I had chronic prostatitis when I was a youngster. Went to tons of doctors had tons of tests. Not even sure if I ever had it. I think it was over stenghtenging of the muscle that closes off your bladder that was causing the discomfort. Had trouble peeing, especially After ejacualting, if I got another erection it was pretty painful at the base, like someone tied off my blood flow. Constant starting and stopping during peeing.

To make a long story short some of the symptoms went away with time, but I still have trouble peeing at times or with painful flow to my erections, especially when taking Stims.

I don't think I get loweback pain or testicle pain anymore unless I'm constipated.

I think I remember reading high zinc helps, especially since these things linger any comeback sometimes.

This sounds like primary bladder neck obstruction. alpha blockers can sometimes help, but sometimes a transurethral incision of the prostate is needed. It's not the same as BPH, where you have glandular hyperplasia, but it's simply more of a "tight" bladder neck.

Cystoscopy would help ;-)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity