advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HELP, my knee/leg is swollen after quad injection. Should I see a Doctor?

bobby70

Newbies
I'm an experienced user and I have done countless injections to the glutes and they have always been smooth and perfect. I have done a few quad injections in the past which also went smoothly.

Friday I injected 2 ml of test cyp into my left quad (it was a test cyp I had never tried before but still high quality pharmaceutical grade). I injected right between my hip and my knee like I was supposed too (22 guage pin, 1 inch).

Everything seemed fine, I went to work and stood on a hard floor for 9 hours. At the very end of my shift, right above my knee swelled up and hurt.

I rested Saturday and the swelling was still their. I still limped around but it didn't hurt to much because I stayed off my legs.

Tonight is Sunday night, After working a 5 hour shift (I had to leave early) right above my knee swelled up even more and I was limping around work. It hurts so bad.

My left knee now looks almost twice the size of my right knee. I can barely bend my left knee/leg.

The thing I find weird is that the swelling is right above my knee rather than at the injection site on my quad. The pain/swelling is about 6-8 inches below the injection site.

Did I inject into a blood vessel?
Could it be the new test cyp has a strong effect on my quad?
Is it just a bad freak injection?

I'm thinking about seeing a Doctor tomorrow but I'd rather not spend the money if it will heal on it's own. It's been 2 days and the swelling is still there, also it's not able to heal very good because I have to stand on it at work and it hurt's more from that.

Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED, thanks

I'm an experienced user and I have done countless injections to the glutes and they have always been smooth and perfect. I have done a few quad injections in the past which also went smoothly.

Friday I injected 2 ml of test cyp into my left quad (it was a test cyp I had never tried before but still high quality pharmaceutical grade). I injected right between my hip and my knee like I was supposed too (22 guage pin, 1 inch).

Everything seemed fine, I went to work and stood on a hard floor for 9 hours. At the very end of my shift, right above my knee swelled up and hurt.

I rested Saturday and the swelling was still their. I still limped around but it didn't hurt to much because I stayed off my legs.

Tonight is Sunday night, After working a 5 hour shift (I had to leave early) right above my knee swelled up even more and I was limping around work. It hurts so bad.

My left knee now looks almost twice the size of my right knee. I can barely bend my left knee/leg.

The thing I find weird is that the swelling is right above my knee rather than at the injection site on my quad. The pain/swelling is about 6-8 inches below the injection site.

Did I inject into a blood vessel?
Could it be the new test cyp has a strong effect on my quad?
Is it just a bad freak injection?

I'm thinking about seeing a Doctor tomorrow but I'd rather not spend the money if it will heal on it's own. It's been 2 days and the swelling is still there, also it's not able to heal very good because I have to stand on it at work and it hurt's more from that.

Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED, thanks

Ive had both false alerts and the real deal, an abcess. It is very hard to tell the difference between the 2 at first. When I had the abcess I let it go too long because I thought it was just a false alert again, you know the boy that cried wold syndrome. Anyhow I got so sick that I had a 102 degree fever, it hit me really fast too. I went to the doc and he drained it. 3 weeks later, it still had not healed. they had to go in and cut a chunk out of my ass to get rid of it for good. Long story short, go to the doc and play it safe.
Ive had other times where the leg would be like yours and then slowly clear up within a week or so. Its not worth the risk waiting to see if it will go away on its own. If it is as painful as you say id go in tomorrow. youll get antibiotics at the bare min. If there isnt a visible lump that they can drain they will just leave that be. If you wait too long the infection will hit your bloodstream and spread throughout your body. It can be deadly taken to the extreme.

OH, to add. the swelling at your knee used to happen to me too. I think the liquid just passes downward with gravity and follows the pockets of facia. the fascia attaches at the knee so it wont go any lower, I think! Its probably so bad on you because your on your feet all day.

maldorf , thanks man. I think I may go get it checked out just to be safe. There isn't really any lumps, it just appears to be swollen altogether, I think your right that standing on my feet helped contribute to the swelling. I'm def going to stick to glute injections only from now on with the new test cyp that I have.

maldorf , thanks man. I think I may go get it checked out just to be safe. There isn't really any lumps, it just appears to be swollen altogether, I think your right that standing on my feet helped contribute to the swelling. I'm def going to stick to glute injections only from now on with the new test cyp that I have.

I react bad to almost every product on the market. I will get hot, red, swelling for up to 7 days after the injection. I was a day away from going to the doctor on two separate occassions (day 6) and gave it one more day, and it got slightly better, so I didn't go to Dr.

Maldorf pretty much summed it up for you. If you have swelling and a fever then go see a doc. If you don't have a fever, don't worry about it. However, I suggest that you get some anti-biotics in case you get a bad infection next time.

i know some gear has been tested to have histamines in it. i had a similiar problem, not near your extent though, so i started taking 50mg of benedryl before i slept and soon it was gone.

if you get a bad pain its 99% sure a reaction to high BA content, happens to me all the time with high % BA gears and when it happened in the leg I could barely walk for a week

Thanks for the responds guys.

I just woke up and my knee looks much better now and the swelling has gone down some. I think the BA content had something to do with it. It's a great Test though, glute injections went real smooth. For some reason it only effected my quad.

It looks and feels like it should be healed fully in 2-3 days if I stay off it some.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws