over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Honestly..How OCD are U?

RONJON

Kilo Klub Member
Every single one of us has dealt with this issue at some point or another during our quest for perfection.

What issues do you have with being OCD about stuff..and more importantly HOW have you overcome these issues?

RONJON

#1 Measuring food and substituting meals (or swapping them around)

#2 Timing meals

these are two big issues where OCD rears its ugly head with me

#3..the big one..always checking with someone before I make even simple decisions relating to bodybuilding. I guess this one isn't too too bad I really have improved in this (and with the other two) but Im still no expert in this game and its always good to have reassurance I guess

#2 Timing meals

#3..the big one..always checking with someone before I make even simple decisions relating to bodybuilding. I guess this one isn't too too bad I really have improved in this (and with the other two) but Im still no expert in this game and its always good to have reassurance I guess

i do the same thing. guess that means i'm ocd then

i do the same thing. guess that means i'm ocd then

hahaha glad im not the only one...hopefully we can get some good info on how to deal with this better from some experienced lifters

I don't realy know enoguh about bodybuilding so far to be OCD about it , I just do what my trainer says.

My OCD comes from having things organized , little stuff like socks and underwear are all matched and folded , we use two differant colors with out wash cloths and towles and stuff in our bathrooms , the have to be staggared , I can't have one green one sitting on another , has to be green , brown , green , brown , the wife thinks its funny so she will rearrage them then come back and see if I fixed them. My tools are all always exactly in their place and my work area is surgicly clean and organized. My desk on the other hand looks like a bomb went off and for the most part I coulden't give a shit how I'm dressed , my truck is a wreck and I'm sure that their is a homelss person living out of it.

I used to be OCD about my training till I realized how bad I was over training now I just train what feels like it needs to be worked try to keep it on a rotation but if its still sore then it gets passed over

I think most bodybuilders are a little OCD in thier own little ways!

i have a really bad issue with what i call "Satisfying." i have to satisfy everything in my mind. if something is wrong it has to be made right. if something is negative i have to change it to a positive. i will run some things through my mind 50 to a 100 times trying to satisfy or make it right. it sux hairy goat balls. i haven't found a way to stop it. its very exhausting at times. as far as i know, i am the only one on the planet that does this!

i have a really bad issue with what i call "Satisfying." i have to satisfy everything in my mind. if something is wrong it has to be made right. if something is negative i have to change it to a positive. i will run some things through my mind 50 to a 100 times trying to satisfy or make it right. it sux hairy goat balls. i haven't found a way to stop it. its very exhausting at times. as far as i know, i am the only one on the planet that does this!

hmmmm thats interesting man...doesnt necessarily sound all bad. Could see how it could get really draining. I sorta do somethin like this I guess. I make a list of things that I must accomplish and keep marking things off as I get them done until the list gets low and I fill it back up. So in a sense its sort of an "un-finish able" list haha

OCD? really? that's the way you guys see it?
i guess if i were in college and kept thinking about my major and how i can understand better and study real hard to get a better GPA, that would make me OCD.
I guess if i took some of my work home to finish it after working real hard on it everyday, and practicing my presentations with my wife and friends... etc, just to do a good job, i'm OCD...

do you guys really know what OCD is or did you just hear the word and apply it in any sentence instead of the words "drive, hard work, persevere... and so on?

do you find yourself not going to work because you only slept 6 hours and you need 9 for bodybuilding purposes?
did you quit your job because you have no microwave at work?
did you punch your boss and leave because he asked you to work overtime and you had a workout to catch?

you might say "well, it's just slight OCD"... no... it's not... it's called drive and determination...
if i was just a little sad because they cancelled a show on tv, i wouldn't call that sadness "mild clinical depression" now, would i?

OCD? really? that's the way you guys see it?
i guess if i were in college and kept thinking about my major and how i can understand better and study real hard to get a better GPA, that would make me OCD.
I guess if i took some of my work home to finish it after working real hard on it everyday, and practicing my presentations with my wife and friends... etc, just to do a good job, i'm OCD...

do you guys really know what OCD is or did you just hear the word and apply it in any sentence instead of the words "drive, hard work, persevere... and so on?

do you find yourself not going to work because you only slept 6 hours and you need 9 for bodybuilding purposes?
did you quit your job because you have no microwave at work?
did you punch your boss and leave because he asked you to work overtime and you had a workout to catch?

you might say "well, it's just slight OCD"... no... it's not... it's called drive and determination...
if i was just a little sad because they cancelled a show on tv, i wouldn't call that sadness "mild clinical depression" now, would i?

it's ignorant and disrespectful comments like yours that make you look like a real jerk. is there really a need to insult and talk down to other board members? you, my friend need to do a little research before you open your mouth, so to speak because you obviously don't know or are unable to understand the definition of OCD. i will save you the time of researching because it seems you are not capable of such tasks. read below:

OCD - Obsessive-compulsive disorder: A psychiatric disorder characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive actions, such as cleaning, checking, counting, or hoarding. Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), one of the anxiety disorders, is a potentially disabling condition that can persist throughout a person's life. The individual who suffers from OCD becomes trapped in a pattern of repetitive thoughts and behaviors that are senseless and distressing but extremely difficult to overcome. The obsessions are unwanted ideas or impulses that repeatedly well up in the mind of the person with OCD.

In response to their obsessions, most people with OCD resort to repetitive behaviors called compulsions. The most common of these are washing and checking. Other compulsive behaviors include counting (often while performing another compulsive action such as hand washing), repeating, hoarding, and endlessly rearranging objects in an effort to keep them in precise alignment with each other. Mental problems, such as mentally repeating phrases, listmaking, or checking are also common.

sorry if i offended you, but i thought this thread talked about OCD in bodybuilding, like every other thread that involves the words "OCD" on this forum.
I didn't read all the comments about "non-bodybuilding" related OCD (just like your post).
i was referring to what most people refer to as OCD when it comes to bodybuilding... when it comes to other areas in life, yes it could get disabling. my brother used to be OCD when it came to organizing things (objects on the table, in the room, office... wherever), so i know what OCD is...
too many times you hear people refer to someone who takes something very seriously as OCD... and i got sick of that shit when i see 99% of the threads in bodybuilding forums everywhere refer to determination as OCD.
and if you consider what i said in my previous post an insult, being disrespectful, and condescending... then you have other issues my friend.

#2 Timing meals

This sounds more like being committed to the program your on vs OCD to me...

Let's see, where do I start? Let's just say when I vaccume the lines have to be straight and nobody moves till mama get's home!:p

The only thing I am very strict(OCD) on is walking into the gym at exactly
6pm. If I am there at 6:10 or 6:15 it's not gonna be a good workout. WHY? I have no clue! But I have it in my head I MUST BE IN AT 6PM EVERY WORKOUT. Oh well, guess that's not too bad, haha

sorry if i offended you, but i thought this thread talked about OCD in bodybuilding, like every other thread that involves the words "OCD" on this forum.
I didn't read all the comments about "non-bodybuilding" related OCD (just like your post).
i was referring to what most people refer to as OCD when it comes to bodybuilding... when it comes to other areas in life, yes it could get disabling. my brother used to be OCD when it came to organizing things (objects on the table, in the room, office... wherever), so i know what OCD is...
too many times you hear people refer to someone who takes something very seriously as OCD... and i got sick of that shit when i see 99% of the threads in bodybuilding forums everywhere refer to determination as OCD.
and if you consider what i said in my previous post an insult, being disrespectful, and condescending... then you have other issues my friend.

apparently you do everything half assed, including this attempt at an apology. i am not your friend and the only one with issues is you. find another thread to shit on because you obviously have nothing of value to contribute here.

I'm not really OCD..I was about my meals..but now I just eye ball it real close to how much I need.

I also like to know 100% exactly whats going on and why..not because I'm OCD...but because I want to learn...call it OCD if you want.

Every single one of us has dealt with this issue at some point or another during our quest for perfection.

What issues do you have with being OCD about stuff..and more importantly HOW have you overcome these issues?

RONJON

I'm a clean freak...with everything. Clothes,,dishes,,home,,vehicles.
The way I treat it,,,is too keep eveything clean;)

The only thing I am very strict(OCD) on is walking into the gym at exactly
6pm. If I am there at 6:10 or 6:15 it's not gonna be a good workout. WHY? I have no clue! But I have it in my head I MUST BE IN AT 6PM EVERY WORKOUT. Oh well, guess that's not too bad, haha

While you are bang on on the thought process Boom, you got the time wrong. Its actually 5:00. At 5:15 etc the same thought process applies. At 6:00? Thats just wrong. Hopefully this was a simple typo on your part!:D

Truthfully, I have the same problem. Its just habit...I'm fully aware of it...but it still happens.

im ocd about eating. i have to eat ever two hours. its just carved into my head

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rpsly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner