over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How do you eat 400-500g of protein???

finny

Registered
Ok, I'm eating 7 meals a day. Even if I bring all of them up to 50g/meal that's only 350g. I don't think eating more often than every 2 hours is good either. As far as increasing meals past 50g of protein, is there a limit as to how much your body can digest at one sitting?

I don't know, the math is confusing here. With the upcoming cycle, I would like to up my protein to 350-400g/day.

Thanks.

4-500g of protein is not necessary unless your 300lb lean.

300 a day is good.

I disagree...but then again I am eating a different ratio and I get at least 2-2400 cals daily from protein, 4-1200 from carbs and maybe 1000 from fats essential and other wise.

I got fat off high complex carb medium protein and low fat diets of the early 90's late 1980's.

some people thrive on it but most people eat way too many carbs and fall into the protein sparing myth et all.

We need to find what works best for us and roll with it. For me to took years of experimentation.

finny said:
Ok, I'm eating 7 meals a day. Even if I bring all of them up to 50g/meal that's only 350g. I don't think eating more often than every 2 hours is good either. As far as increasing meals past 50g of protein, is there a limit as to how much your body can digest at one sitting?

I don't know, the math is confusing here. With the upcoming cycle, I would like to up my protein to 350-400g/day.

Thanks.
there isn't a magic number per meal generally I hit around 80 gms per meal and to boost protein over the day I will drink pastuerinzed egg whites or a protein shake made with egg white whey ion x and casein with a meal or in between a meal.

Massive G said:
there isn't a magic number per meal generally I hit around 80 gms per meal and to boost protein over the day I will drink pastuerinzed egg whites or a protein shake made with egg white whey ion x and casein with a meal or in between a meal.

but arent you 280+ with alot of lean tissue.........i'm guess'n this guy aint

edge250 said:

No, I'm not. There has been a general guideline that a bb needs around 1.5-2g of protein per pound of weight. Then others have suggested that this number should be increased, especially if you're taking AAS as AAS boost protein synthesis. Some have even suggested that high protein is required post cycle for maintenance as well.

Big A, for one, in his growth principles for beginners is recommending to stay as close to 500g as possible.

I'm thinking, for one thing, getting close to 500g of protein a day would be very expensive as you have to supplement with whey quiet a bit.

On the same note, I have read in the Harvard publication that when protein is digested, it releases acids that the body usually neutralizes with calcium and other buffering agents in the blood. Thus, a lot of calcium is being used up on hp diets. The argument is that some of the calcium could be pulled from bone. And we all know what calcium is to bone. They go on to suggest that the incidents of broken wrist in women have increased 20% over a 12 year period.

Back to the topic at hand. So, what is the consensus here? Is 1.5-2g per total pound of bodyweight about right? Obviously, if you're 300lbs and 30% bf, you wouldn't need as much. What about the idea of needing more while off the cycle?

Thanks.

Just to add, if one is on 3500 cal diet while on a cycle, if I were to do the following:

45% protein - 400g
35% carbs - 300g
20% fats - 80g

My maintenance is about 2550cal now. I mean, from the numbers, the calories have to come from somewhere. You don't want too many carbs and fats, so that leaves protein.

Thanks.

edge250 said:
yup you are right edge ...I normally hit 2-2.5 grams per lb for protein so it will be less for those that weigh less of course, it's better than picking a random number of protein and saying to eat it.

100g shake 1st thing when I get up, and the same before I go to sleep.

when calculating 2gms of protein per lb formula do you use total body weight? Or do you use LBM only?

I cant see using fat weight to determine daily protein requirements but thats just my .02

thanks

I don't know if you can post links in here, but I did some reading on the subject during my lunch. The consensus seems to be around 1.7-1.8g per lb of body weight. The reading was based on John Berardi and Dr. Peter Lemon recommendations.

It seems about right. I'm about 180lbs, so that puts me at around 325g of protein per day. As per my post above, I can see going to 400g if I were to raise my total calories to 3500 and during a cycle. That seems to give me about 45% of calories coming from protein. Same could be applied to maintenance.

MrDeflation said:
when calculating 2gms of protein per lb formula do you use total body weight? Or do you use LBM only?

I cant see using fat weight to determine daily protein requirements but thats just my .02

thanks

Depends where you look. My research as above was done on total body weight. Again, if your composition is way off, 300lbs body weight and 30% bf, then this obviously would not apply.

I don't have enough of an experience to make a scientifically based recommendation, but I would say that this would apply to anyone around 15% bf.

Why would anybody eat 400-500g of protein a day? Nobody needs that much. 1g per pound is all you need.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131