advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long do the effects of alcohol consumption effectme growth?

Ihave 0 problem staying lean while drinking 5-6 drinks on friday and saturday night.

I do notice horrible progress strength wise in the gym. and normally no muscle building.

I agree 100%! Most of my friends like to poke-fun at me because I don't drink - at all! They like to go out, party, get wasted, eat bar food, etc. I haven't touched a single sip of alcohol for over 6 years now. Most of the time people who meet me for the first time ask (or assume) I am Mormon, or some sort of religious.

As a personal trainer I always tell my clients, you really need to decide what is most important to you and evaluate your priorities. I personally can live without any alcohol, that's just me though.

Omg someone sane on one of these boards. :)
I don't drink either, at all, and never will again. All it is is an escape to try and not be in your crummy life for awhile, if I truly need that, I'll do something that stimulates my mind (like read), rather than poisoning it.

I don't drink either, at all, and never will again. All it is is an escape to try and not be in your crummy life for awhile, if I truly need that, I'll do something that stimulates my mind (like read), rather than poisoning it.

lol....so for YOU all it is an escape. People drink for different reasons. So you dont drink...who gives a shit.

Alcohol is always an escape, that's the nature of the beast. Why people choose to drink is irrelevant. In the end, you've escaped something or someone.

It amazing to me how some people are so into themselves and physical appearance and so worried about how good u look for other people which u don't even know.that you sacrifice doing what you really enjoy doing.if you don't like drinking for what ever reason it may be health ,don't like the taste or don't like being under the influence.that all good bless your heart.but if you do like to drink once in a while on a weekend with friends coworkers family football game whatever and you don't just cuz you worried it will make a difference in your physical muscle looks that pathetic. I say this the last few day you have left in your life and u laying on your death bed its gonna suck for you to look back an think off all the times you missed out on doing fun thing with other people in your life time or not doing things you enjoyed cuz you wanted to look so hot and muscular.when u have your friends and loved one's next to you on your death bed they ant gonna be saying and laughing with you remembering when all u worried about was how good u looked and how u never missed a meal or never eat a pizza cuz u was worried about your diet ha ha that was so funny.or would u rather hear the fun time at that football game when u ate hot dog and pizza and had beers.or when u went to the water park and had some slusies and ice cream.my point is life is a journey live the moment so u don't have regrets in ur last days.

Again you can train hard, diet and enjoy looking good and big but if u once in a while have the desire to have a drink eat pizza ice cream whatever it maybe be do so and don't miss out on it

Alcohol is always an escape, that's the nature of the beast. Why people choose to drink is irrelevant. In the end, you've escaped something or someone.

You are so wrong .it may be an escape to someone with problems that I agree.but not everyone drinks cuz of problems or to escape something or someone.

I love my life and family and when I drink once in a while is cuz I like too.not cuz I'm trying to escape anything.im sure there is a lot of others here that feel the same way.just saying

Lifting some heavy ass weight and training is my escape! I drink for the buzz......

You are so wrong .it may be an escape to someone with problems that I agree.but not everyone drinks cuz of problems or to escape something or someone.

I love my life and family and when I drink once in a while is cuz I like too.not cuz I'm trying to escape anything.im sure there is a lot of others here that feel the same way.just saying

I should restate this, getting drunk is always an escape. For most people who drink regularly, the drug will eventually coerce you to take in just a bit more than before until the point that you are getting drunk just about every time you drink. That's what I meant by the nature of the beast.

LOL you must be living one fucked up troubled life if that is your view on alcohol

I have to disagree with you about this. I believe that you have a misguided notion about drinking.
From what I have seen, most people who drink do it because it's just a normal, fun thing to do. Most people want/need the company of others to be truly happy, and we look for reasons to get together and socialize because of this need for companionship. Alcohol is the excuse we use to provoke the socialization. I would argue it's just as stimulating to the mind as "reading".

It's hard to socialize while your heads in a book, even harder to meet a woman.

as the saying goes

Never drink to feel better....drink to feel EVEN BETTER!

I have to disagree with you about this. I believe that you have a misguided notion about drinking.
From what I have seen, most people who drink do it because it's just a normal, fun thing to do. Most people want/need the company of others to be truly happy, and we look for reasons to get together and socialize because of this need for companionship. Alcohol is the excuse we use to provoke the socialization. I would argue it's just as stimulating to the mind as "reading".

It's hard to socialize while your heads in a book, even harder to meet a woman.

Movies and tv shows always show actors/actresses going to bars by themselves to drink their sorrows away. Anyone who does that in real life has a problem. Otherwise I'm pretty sure the majority of the 95% of the population that drinks doesn't have those kind of problems.

Alcohol fucks up my head for days. I drank 4 beers last night and feel okay today, but if I really drink it can totally throw my mood and routine off for days and make feel like the world is ending.

Alcohol fucks up my head for days. I drank 4 beers last night and feel okay today, but if I really drink it can totally throw my mood and routine off for days and make feel like the world is ending.

That's the worst. Then you wake up after 4 hours to take a huge piss and then can't fall asleep again, so you are exhausted all day. Hate that!

I feel neurotic the next day.

Maybe guys who want to drink should cycle their drinking the way they cycle their gear.

That way you can do your drinking when your not on a heavy oral cycle and vice-versa.

Maybe guys who want to drink should cycle their drinking the way they cycle their gear.

That way you can do your drinking when your not on a heavy oral cycle and vice-versa.

That's what I do to tell you the truth. When I'm just kind of maintaining, I go out a lot and enjoy myself (and I'm way happier during these phases). If I have a physique goal, then I usually don't really drink or go to bars and stay out late except for certain occasions. This way I can balance my life and get the best of both worlds. I usually need a break from each of these phases after a few months anyway, so it works out nicely.

That's what I do to tell you the truth. When I'm just kind of maintaining, I go out a lot and enjoy myself (and I'm way happier during these phases). If I have a physique goal, then I usually don't really drink or go to bars and stay out late except for certain occasions. This way I can balance my life and get the best of both worlds. I usually need a break from each of these phases after a few months anyway, so it works out nicely.

Yes. That seems like a very intelligent approach.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear