over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many eggs do you eat a week?

I agree about the cholesterol myth. Its how you cook the eggs. You have to be careful not to oxidize the fat/yolk (cooking on high heat) that is what leads to issues....I eat 63 whole eggs a week.

yes , as long as the yolk is still runny...

84 Eggs per week! 12 Every morning after Gym! Never get tired of it :rolleyes:

i put egg whites in all my shakes......i eat about 5 -6 whole eggs a day........about 12 whites throughout the day........never get tired of them!!!!

I eat 6 whole eggs with oatmeal for breakfast everyday, so that puts it at 42 whole eggs per week.

I don't think cholesterol being raised by eggs is a myth, rather it affects some people and not others. My father has high cholesterol naturally; if he eats cholesterol-laden foods like shrimp or eggs, it shows on his bloodwork.

On the other hand, I have always had very low cholesterol, and almost nothing I eat influences it. I'd just say that if you are prone to high LDL, get some bloodwork done if you are eating a lot of cholesterol just to be safe. Outside of a few $ and a pinprick, it costs you nothing but gives you good data.

And for those eating 40+ eggs per week, are you single??? My wife HATES when I'm on my keto diet (when I eat the most eggs), as I just have some nasty gas the entire time I'm eating them. If I did that year round, there would be an issue in the marriage! :D

it varies from 2 to 6 dozen a week , I go through phases where i'll get tired of them and cut back some.

I don't think cholesterol being raised by eggs is a myth, rather it affects some people and not others. My father has high cholesterol naturally; if he eats cholesterol-laden foods like shrimp or eggs, it shows on his bloodwork.

On the other hand, I have always had very low cholesterol, and almost nothing I eat influences it. I'd just say that if you are prone to high LDL, get some bloodwork done if you are eating a lot of cholesterol just to be safe. Outside of a few $ and a pinprick, it costs you nothing but gives you good data.

And for those eating 40+ eggs per week, are you single??? My wife HATES when I'm on my keto diet (when I eat the most eggs), as I just have some nasty gas the entire time I'm eating them. If I did that year round, there would be an issue in the marriage! :D

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. My mother has naturally high cholesterol, she doesn't eat eggs or any other foods the are "cholesterol laden". It's just something she has to deal with. It's not an unhealthy level, just higher than her doctor thinks it should be, and doctors aren't always right.

I do agree that if you are prone to high levels, you should watch what you eat carefully. But the thing is, one day eggs are awful for you and will kill you, the next day, they're the "incredible, edible EGG". They can't make they're mind up on things like this.

6 eggs am and 6 egg pm (10 whites and 2 yokes)
72 per week and have for years really.
It goes up to 8 eggs am & 8 eggs pm when dieting for show.

I usually eat between 24-30 whole eggs per week.

Dietary Cholesterol doesn't really raise blood levels. If anything does, Saturated fat is the culprit. While eggs are high in Chol, they are relatively low in Saturated fat. Even still, Genetics are the biggest piece of the blood Chol equation.

Also, much of this has to do with being at either a Calorie surplus or deficit. If the later, you'll have a very hard time building blood chol levels; at least that is what my own blood work has revealed.

6 a day, so 42 a week. All raw, mix 3 in my AM shake and 3 in my PWO shake. sometimes it makes my gas hellacious and unbearable to be around though. haha.

does your father eat a lot of white sugar or processed vegetable oils like vegetable shortening, margarine, canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil ect..

the cholesterol in food usually has very little to do with the bodies levels going up or down, the level going up from its normal homeostasis point will have to do with inflammation in your body, foods that cause the most inflammation like the ones i listed will cause cholesterol levels to skyrocket . another bad one is even too much regularly raised red med, which has the wrong omega 3-6-9 levels not in the right balance because the cows are corn fed. keeping inflammation done is the key to having your cholesterol where it should be for you.

and for your gas , try eating hard pineapple before you eat your eggs and your gas should be history

Last edited:
I usually eat between 24-30 whole eggs per week.

Dietary Cholesterol doesn't really raise blood levels. If anything does, Saturated fat is the culprit. While eggs are high in Chol, they are relatively low in Saturated fat. Even still, Genetics are the biggest piece of the blood Chol equation.

Also, much of this has to do with being at either a Calorie surplus or deficit. If the later, you'll have a very hard time building blood chol levels; at least that is what my own blood work has revealed.

if your mother eats healthy(none to little processed junk) and her cholesterol levels are in the high range that is fine, that means that is just her normal homeostasis for her body, which is good ,messing around with that with statin drugs like her doctor probably wants her to do would be bad,

if their high because she east badly that is bad and she would need to make some lifestyle changes with her eating

36 egg whites a day soo....252 egg whites in 7 days.
I have been doing this FOREVER.....Never gets old to me.

20-40 eggs a week depending on the mood I'm in. Usually 3-5 eggs for breakfast

if your mother eats healthy(none to little processed junk) and her cholesterol levels are in the high range that is fine, that means that is just her normal homeostasis for her body, which is good ,messing around with that with statin drugs like her doctor probably wants her to do would be bad,

if their high because she east badly that is bad and she would need to make some lifestyle changes with her eating

Right! In my opinion, lipid levels are a real indicator of dietary health. Cholesterol can be red flag, but there is so much more going on that is more important, imo.

Mule -- I'll look into his diet. I know we've cut out a lot of stuff ever since his heart attack twenty years ago, but given our ethnic diet of a lot of meat, that could be a possibility.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear