advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many grams of carbs are you doing intra-workout?

NY Muscle

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Want to get opinions of what other guys are doing intra with regards to how much carbs.

So its been a few months since I switched from the typical post workout carb and whey shake in the locker room to 20-30gms of Peptopro with HBCDs plus other added goodies in 1800-2000ml of water intra workout. Then no post shake in locker room.

I'm doing about 90 grams of HBCDs citrulline/creatine/leucine and now that Prime Intra MD is out I mix that in as well. So some EAAs and a few other things that are in that product. So there's a ton of stuff in the shake.

Unfortunately I don't like the taste of the intraMD but like ingredients so for my taste I use 60gms of glycofuse and 30gms of hbcd's from intraMD.

I'm an endomorph and always feared the carbs but I'm doing well with this amount. I've also added another 150+ grams of carbs per day from organic plain oats that I sweeten with stevia. So far no negative effects on body fat and I'm actually losing weight because of my cardio at night before bed 5 days a week. Because of that I now added 60grams of hydro whey in water within 45min of finishing my workout.

So there's a lot of extra calories in my diet then I'm used too but very clean diet and cardio keeps body fat in check and losing some to be honest.

I know John Meadows has taken huge amounts of HBCDs but I'm not at that level or desire to do that but I was thinking of bumping it up to about 150 grams in my intra drink....so just want to see how crazy some of you guys go.

I don't use insulin (Humalog) pre workout or at all for the matter..one reason because I'm afraid of any fat gain and the other to be frank. .I have no idea where the fuck to get it from.

I'm also not on any AAS right now and will probably go back on in 30-45 days. Been eyeballing some Parabolan and NPP both of which I've never tried.

Looking for some suggestions on how much I should increase the HBCDs.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
After you showed me where to get the shaker i started my intra protocol, and im liking it. I only use 75 grams of HBCD from glycofuse, because i also get fat easily.

So my intra is 75 grams HBCD, 30 grams EAA (prime nutrition), 1 tbsp pure vegetable glycerin (instead of glycerol monosterate), 5 grams creapure, 5 grams glutamine. I dont add any leucine, just whats in the EAA's because i add 5 grams to my pre workout to act as the "switch"

Knight put me onto this mixture, except he doesnt use glutamine i just throw that in because i have it.

FYI where we live you can get a bottle of Humilin R at CVS no questions asked.

After you showed me where to get the shaker i started my intra protocol, and im liking it. I only use 75 grams of HBCD from glycofuse, because i also get fat easily.

So my intra is 75 grams HBCD, 30 grams EAA (prime nutrition), 1 tbsp pure vegetable glycerin (instead of glycerol monosterate), 5 grams creapure, 5 grams glutamine. I dont add any leucine, just whats in the EAA's because i add 5 grams to my pre workout to act as the "switch"

Knight put me onto this mixture, except he doesnt use glutamine i just throw that in because i have it.

FYI where we live you can get a bottle of Humilin R at CVS no questions asked.

Thanks sounds good. Yeah I'm going to play with 125-150gms in total.

Oh and in NY nothing is otc lol

I might change my split when i get my GH. I might train 3 days a week and hit 2 bodyparts, and do 10iu GH and 10-15iu slin pre workout. Then ill up the carbs to 100-150... Im not a huge fan of slin but i want to gain some size during the winter with the GH and Slin combo. I have run it a few times before so i know what im doing.

Then ill do just cardio and abs the other 3 days a week, so ill still train 6 days.

I missed your last line. Humilin R is over the counter in NY. You live 5 minutes from me remember? I will tell you what CVS i got it at if you want to know. But Humilin R is over the counter in NY, its just the pharmacies discretion but they are not supposed to deny you.

75-150 but I usually don't go over 125. Given certain situations and certain protocols, 150 can be appropriate. This is coupled with 30-40g EAA or Peptopro. The carbs are always HBCD for the last year and a half now probably...

I like to have 30-50g carbs pre workout usually(and occasionally train without any pre workout carbs). Then, 80-100g post workout in the form of white rice.

Last edited:
I missed your last line. Humilin R is over the counter in NY. You live 5 minutes from me remember? I will tell you what CVS i got it at if you want to know. But Humilin R is over the counter in NY, its just the pharmacies discretion but they are not supposed to deny you.

Ahh good point. I am afraid of Humilin too worried about how long it lasts and have to keep on top of it too long. I had gotten Humalog from a friend 12 years ago and I think he got it from a kid who was diabetic or some shit...At least that is what he told me... it was $25 back then. I see it's a lot pricier now on those Canadian pharm sites. If I get the nerve to use the R I'll ask for that CVS ; )

75-150 but I usually don't go over 125. Given certain situations and certain protocols, 150 can be appropriate. This is coupled with 30-40g EAA or Peptopro. The carbs are always HBCD for the last year and a half now probably...

I like to have 30-50g carbs pre workout usually(and occasionally train without any pre workout carbs). Then, 80-100g post workout in the form of white rice.

Thanks. I've changed my routine so I can get some carbs in me pre workout then pump shake pre and then intra. I found 7am breakfast of plain organic oats mixed with whey and tiny amount of almond butter sits well with me. I lift 830am. I think if I used any other carb source besides HBCD I'd vomit from the food in my stomach.

Last edited:
It was expensive. I think i paid like $200, but it will last a long time. I think the Humilin R is fine as long as you can stay awake for 6 hours and you get enough carbs in. Most guys say its more predictable...

Actually I bought some plain cream of wheat with no sugar and will try that Monday. That stuff is so light so should work even better.

Are you using pre or post workout carbs? How long are your workouts?

I'm doing 150g carbs(karbolyn or HBCG or combo), 40EAA 3tbs glycerin. (45carbs).

I start sipping it 15ish min before first set. And eat a meat with in an hour after workout.

Add ingredients slowly, if you recover and are barley sore, your probability using enough.

I'm doing 150g carbs(karbolyn or HBCG or combo), 40EAA 3tbs glycerin. (45carbs).

I start sipping it 15ish min before first set. And eat a meat with in an hour after workout.

Add ingredients slowly, if you recover and are barley sore, your probability using enough.

Yes. 7am 60-90 grams of carbs from plain organic quick oats with 60gms of hydro whey then 2 stevia packets. A tiny amount of almond butter.

8 am pre workout pump shake...minimal calories.

I also pop a bunch of glucose disposal pills on the way to the gym. Sip some intra in the locker room before hitting the weights.

Work out 830am to 10am. I train 3 days a week.

I've also recently added 60gms of hydro whey in water at around 1030-10:45am.

Whats up with the 3 table spoons of Glycerin? I bought it and Emeric said do 1 table spoon pre and 1 intra. Should i be doing more to get the full effects?

right now I am experimenting between 60 - 120g of HBCD. If I do 120, I starting drinking it 30 minutes before my workout and make sure I drink 60 g before I start the workout and keep drinking the rest throughout. if doing 60, just start drinking it at the beginning of my workout, but still experimenting with it to see what works best with my body and workouts.

Whats up with the 3 table spoons of Glycerin? I bought it and Emeric said do 1 table spoon pre and 1 intra. Should i be doing more to get the full effects?

My pumps are sick with 3. And they last a while. All I can say is try it.

Yes. 7am 60-90 grams of carbs from plain organic quick oats with 60gms of hydro whey then 2 stevia packets. A tiny amount of almond butter.

8 am pre workout pump shake...minimal calories.

I also pop a bunch of glucose disposal pills on the way to the gym. Sip some intra in the locker room before hitting the weights.

Work out 830am to 10am. I train 3 days a week.

With all that pre, and if post nutrition is good 50gr hbcg and 30g EAA is where i would start. You can add a little bit more till you notice you're not sore. Or add more and take carbs from some where else

Mine is high, but 50% of my carbs for the day are in mine. I gain very little fat and recover well on this.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner