YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you feel unwelcome in your Gym you train at?

gridlock

Kilo Klub Member
I have had to start training back at the gym near my office as the journey to my other one is 50 miles there and back and after 12 hours in work i'm too shattered.

I noticed in there again last night that people look and talk among themselves when i'm training. i know its not paranoia (even though i hear them in my sleep, plotting) so it confuses the hell out of me when and why they do it.

I know the difference between someone saying look that guy's big and someone actually talking shit about you and a couple of times i've seen people just shaking their head when i've just finished a set. I dont bang the weights around. I dont muscle people out the way. i dont bother anyone so i dont know why people feel the need.

anyway its just a vent but i was wondering does anyone else feel uncomfortable where they train.

i get both sides of it. my training partner actually works at my gym as a trainer, so i am in good with the staff and owner. it's a smaller 24 hr gym but we lift hard, make noise, ect. i'm also very respectful to other members. i go out of my way to be nice to people and most like me.

that being said, on the other hand, there are people like this guy who is a free lance trainer, who trains clients at my gym. i can feel him burning a hole in the back of my head. he's tried to talk shit about me to staff but the staff tell me what he says and we laugh. basically, he'll try to get anyone against me that he can and i see him talking crap all the time. i honestly think it's just jealousy. early on in knowing him, he set the tone by asking me "so who's medicine cabinet do you get into?" . i just looked at him, shook my head and walked away.

Happens all the time. Usually by the little pricks that hang out in the gym for 2-3 hours and train for maybe 45minutes. They stroll around the weight room chatting away in their little clicks. I train with my headphones on and a cap that usually covers my eyes. Don't know about you, but when I see someone like me, I know he doesn't want to be "social". These fuckers will come up to me and ask me some dumb ass question, I'll take one ear off and say "what?" then I'll answer his question and put my earphone back in. Now if someone did that...wouldn't you obviously know he/she doesn't want to "chat"? But these fuckers will ask follow up dumbass questions and I'll repeat the cycle over and over until they finally get the hint. So i guess I bring the unwelcomeness onto myself, but I'm not there to party, i'm there to grow!!

most see the gym as a social event and when someone comes in being anti-social(in their eyes anyway)you become the outsider.

Happens all the time. Usually by the little pricks that hang out in the gym for 2-3 hours and train for maybe 45minutes. They stroll around the weight room chatting away in their little clicks. I train with my headphones on and a cap that usually covers my eyes. Don't know about you, but when I see someone like me, I know he doesn't want to be "social". These fuckers will come up to me and ask me some dumb ass question, I'll take one ear off and say "what?" then I'll answer his question and put my earphone back in. Now if someone did that...wouldn't you obviously know he/she doesn't want to "chat"? But these fuckers will ask follow up dumbass questions and I'll repeat the cycle over and over until they finally get the hint. So i guess I bring the unwelcomeness onto myself, but I'm not there to party, i'm there to grow!!

oh yea, i forgot about those guys. i dont see them anymore now that i train mid day. speaking of which, time to go.

experience

it's been my experience over the years that the gym business attracts a disproportionate(on the high side) number of dysfunctional humans. try to keep to yourself, focus on your workout and go home.

OMG, those guys piss me off so much, I'm so tired of that shit..... they generally look the same as they did last year, talk shit, and act like they're the man, cocky dickheads..... alright I'm done....:D

I work out in a YMCA and there are a lot of old people and shrimps. There is like one guy my size and one guy who is a monster.

At my gym I think it's less jealousy and more just people feeling too intimidated/insecure to lift when there are bigger guys there. I say this because whenever I, or either of the other two guys, come in to the weight room in seems to clear right out in about 10min.

There are probably a couple childish people who talk bad or whatever too. But I don't care, let em. It isn't gonna make them any bigger, or feel any better about themselves, and I'm certainly not going to let them take me down with them.

I am probably one of the nicest guys you could ever meet..

But, the gym is one of the very few places I can go to escape the lull of everyday life. I am not a very social person by nature, but always very respectful and if people come to me for advice or help i gladly go out of my way to be of benefit... However, if it was my choice i would be invincible. I go to a 24 hour fitness, and its crowded with people there for "show"... I cant wait till I can build my own gym at my residence!!!!!! Just me and the wgts, thats how i prefer to train.

I love my gym...

I train at home and sometimes forget how much of a damn bother some of the human race is.
Whether jealousy or insecurity, the effect is a definite crush on my groove.
I feel things like that "burning a hole in the back of your head" thing you said.
I get that in grocery stores or out at night and feel like those people are just a black hole of negativity.
They are so jealous that they have to knock on your accomplishments that they will never achieve.
They are so insecure that they have to take you down a notch to feel better about themselves.
You can not help them,
you have to tolerate them
and navigate around them.

Damn that sucks.
I love love LOVE my gym!
and sassy is pretty good about replacing weights when finished.
Ok its my pet peeve. And they have to be facing the right way
OCD, but fully aware of it...:)

You guys must run into more idiots than me. My biggest problem is with old ladies checking out my butt when I'm doing stiff leg dls

You guys must run into more idiots than me. My biggest problem is with old ladies checking out my butt when I'm doing stiff leg dls

How is that a problem? It's better than having dudes check out your ass.

I hate how everyone thinks thy know more. a ton of "thats not enough for chest...etc" oh well ill just let them keep asking what im taking because im not doing enough volume not to be on anything....DICKS!

its not that i feel unwelcome

I hate how everyone thinks thy know more. a ton of "thats not enough for chest...etc" oh well ill just let them keep asking what im taking because im not doing enough volume not to be on anything....DICKS!

But i get the same as you. THATS NOT EVEN ENOUGH VOLUME TO GROW! and WHY ARE YOU WORKING SO MANY MUSCLE GROUPS IN ONE DAY!? THAT COULDNT WORK! i just LOL, and walk away.

I noticed in there again last night that people look and talk among themselves when i'm training. i know its not paranoia (even though i hear them in my sleep, plotting) so it confuses the hell out of me when and why they do it.

Honestly this does sound like an anxiety type thing you're getting, especially if you're dreaming about them plotting.. In your head when you think they're staring, are you automatically assuming they're thinking or saying negative things about you? Cuz that's definitely paranoia.. Of course the people are gonna talk amongst themselves.. I mean, how would you feel if they all became silent when you were training? They're just checking you out cuz you're new there, maybe they're looking at how much weight you're putting up, just out of curiosity.. Have you just casually said what's up or acknowledged any of them when you're walking by, if you're seeing the same people there daily? I kno not everyone likes to talk at the gym, and are just there solely for lifting, but if you're the new guy who hasn't said a word to anyone, that could possibly make you stand out a little bit, adding to their curiosity..

Haha. I'd rather have Mrs. Robinson check out my ass than Mr. Smith.

:eek: You know, some of them are pretty milfy. Maybe I could pull off one of those ashton kutcher demi moore type of relationships? I never considered it, really.

Honestly this does sound like an anxiety type thing you're getting, especially if you're dreaming about them plotting.. In your head when you think they're staring, are you automatically assuming they're thinking or saying negative things about you? Cuz that's definitely paranoia.. Of course the people are gonna talk amongst themselves.. I mean, how would you feel if they all became silent when you were training? They're just checking you out cuz you're new there, maybe they're looking at how much weight you're putting up, just out of curiosity.. Have you just casually said what's up or acknowledged any of them when you're walking by, if you're seeing the same people there daily? I kno not everyone likes to talk at the gym, and are just there solely for lifting, but if you're the new guy who hasn't said a word to anyone, that could possibly make you stand out a little bit, adding to their curiosity..

LMAO bro i was joking about hearing them plotting in my sleep. fuck me i'm not a paranoid schizophrenic lol

I HATE going out of my way to a REAL gym for MEN and having litle 21 year old skanks running a mens gym, if i wanted to deal with them id go to fitness world, i have had constant problems with the female staff at my gym. I go to train not to get in arguments w staff. F*ck right off. I think an all mens gym would b perfect. (no homo but the gym is the one place i dont wanna hit on sluts)

As for the stare downs, and problems w other members. I have a solution for you all.....: go to the gym mind your own business dont be a social butterfly, work out dont stare, look at the wall or the ground never look at others unless there your friends or they say hi to you. just mind your own business dont hog a machine for more than 20 min and i guarantee youl be fine.

For all you guys getting shit talked etc its because your staring at them i guarantee. Keep your eyes to yourself!!! I dont know if i get stared down and i never will because i never look at other dudes.

To notice your being glared at you must be looking at them too so your half the problem!!! Just do a set dont growl and act hardcore, no cell phones, put your weights back and leave the gym.

Another thing is if your 140 lbs doing 1" reps on the bench with 305......aka 90% of the teenagers.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner