advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much of a cycle should be testosterone?

diskey

Registered
Just bringing up something that has been discussed here earlier, I found a old thread where Magnum and Edge250 contributed a lot, but I would like to bring up the discussion again.

How much testosterone should be used in proportion to anabolics or other steroids for mass gain?

Many use test as a solid base, like 750mg ew and put on eq or deca at a somewhat lower dose of 300-600mg. Others prefer to use test just to replace natural test or slightly more like 150-250mg ew, and let the main base of the cycle consist of anabolics at higher doses 400-600 of one or several compunds. I would just like inputs and thoughts on what works best.

I myself don't get any noticeable sides from running test up to 750mg(never gone higher). The first year of aas use and use of test, I got very blothed. But now after some years I don't bloth at all, and can with no problem diet down and stay very lean hold little water on just test. I found out it all comes
down to the diet.

On the other side I can not really speak of how well test work as a mass builder on it's own. I'm not so sure how much I've really gained beeing on just test even though I done this several times. At least I hold my mass. But when I try to remember, one of my best gains was when I gained 7lbs in 4 months between two contests, That was when I used eq for the first time at 300mg ew with 500mg test, I probably also had a nice rebound effect after the first contest. I also remember a couple of years ago I remember I did some cycles of just 50mg winstrol stacked with 25mg adrol ed, can't remember how much I gained, but remember I felt great, got nice pumps and recommended this cycle to others.

Only times I've not used test is last 4-6 weeks before contest to drop of water, and can't really say anything about mass building effect from cutting it out and replace with pure anabolics/androgens at this stages.

I have a friend, a top level amateur competitor, he do the other way. He only use test at 250mg every tenth day, and use drugs like masteron and primo at 500mg together ew even when he bulks (stays on 3iu gh all year besides). He grows slow but stays in decent shape all year and carry a great amount of mass. He just won national championship and then one week later Scandinavian championship. Also two IFBB pros in my city I know rely mostly on anabolics like this most of the year.

Hows 1g of test compared to 250mg and 750mg anabolics in the off season. Anyone tried both?

Last edited:
you know, one issue with the higher dose is some people have to use alot of ancillaries. when i tried it at a higher dose, i had to use alot of AI's and even proscar. these were a hassle and i think cut into the benefits some.

you know, one issue with the higher dose is some people have to use alot of ancillaries. when i tried it at a higher dose, i had to use alot of AI's and even proscar. these were a hassle and i think cut into the benefits some.

you mean higher dose of test or anabolics?

I get no sides from test in larger doses, but if I do more than 250mg deca ew, I get itchy nipples right away.

from test

it is funny how it is different between people and sides to compounds. i get alot of test sides, yet can run progestenic compounds on top of each other with few issues

your ideal cycle would be completely diff than mine

Yes it's strange. I always thought test is a good compound being roughly 50/50
anabolic/androgenic. Probably many people keep test low because of sides, not because it doesn't give good gains...

you mean higher dose of test or anabolics?

I get no sides from test in larger doses, but if I do more than 250mg deca ew, I get itchy nipples right away.

what do you mean no sides from test in higher doses..

your previous post said you never went above 750..

im doing 750mg 3x wk. no sides and dbol 100mg day..

if i did deca i would surely be sick all day and the same with other progesternone type things..

if i did deca i would surely be sick all day and the same with other progesternone type things..

750mg ew is high dose for me lol. 750mg 3x weekly is sick, what is your BP like?

am about 16 weeks in and got it measured around week 11 and it was 120 ovr 70

so germ, do you think there is anything to dan d's theory of really high dosages?

are you experiencing any bloat?

what are the gains like?

sorry about the q's just trying to learn. thanks

Dan Duchaine also believed that high test doses were the main reason modern bodybuilders have bigger "roid guts" than those of the Arnold era. he thought that much of the abdominal distention was from visceral fat storage, and not organ/intestine enlargement.

and then he turns around and advocates high dose test. go figure.

This is also a question I am thinking about after I read that thread at PM. Personally I am trying the low test/high anabolic route simply because it will give me the least sides.

i ran a decent sized log on my run with 250mg of test c, 600mg of Deca, and 400mg of EQ. i had a supraspenatus tear in my rotator so after researching which compounds were best for collagen synthesis i gave this a run. my shoulder feels 100% now. not to mention the knees, elbows, and everything else feels awesome.

it's by far my favorite cycle i've done, and i did do one cycle of a gram of supertest with 400mg of deca(which looking back was wayy too much test and i'll probably never do that again). i just felt like a million bucks the whole time with the lower test/higher anabolics and never felt sluggish or had any bad side effects. it feels pretty good when you're lifting heavy and feel 100% recovered with no injuries or joint or tendon soreness.

What thread is that your talking about with Magnum and Edge250 ???

so germ, do you think there is anything to dan d's theory of really high dosages?

are you experiencing any bloat?

what are the gains like?

sorry about the q's just trying to learn. thanks

ive been way higher than this and i had a lot of sides..

this im not bloated with, bwt went from 225 to 235 and bf went from 12 to 7-8..

good results for me.. thats a good net gain.. fist cycle with just test and dbol and not trying to add other things in there.. every 30days i rotate 100mg winstrol oral with 100mg dbol...

i will do this again..

my belly is not getting bigger but smaller..

I was nattie for 24 years and did a few shows. Finally turned to the dark side and one thing is for sure. Small amounts work! I have done 3 cycles of 500mg/test e...and went from 235lbs to 246lbs in just as tight of condition. Thats 11lbs in one year! At 39 years old thats like the holy grail!

All these claims of more with stacks, high doses is ok if thats what they want. But I have retained almost all of my strength in between cycles. I know the time will come that I will need more, but why add more if your still getting better with less?

Im running just 400mg test e this time...and no suprise Im getting stronger yet! I frontloaded with Dbol 30mg day/ 2weeks...hated it...bloated stomach and gas.

I am on a very tight diet, sleep 8 hrs or more, train brief and heavy.
My entire PCT is clomid 100mg / ed / 5 days out of 7 repeated 3 times...simple and safe.

Im dreading adding more compounds....if I can keep it simple

Im going to tell you guys this, but im not very proud of it...

When I was younger and dumber...I read all the books on gear and whatnot...I read borreson's, and other's...Plus at that time (mid 90" to early 2000) things were cheap and easy to get...For example I remember paying $15-$25 dollars for a bottle of test cyp (mexican, maybe underdosed ? but at that priced who cared) . So what do you think happens when you and a bunch of your buddies (who by the way knew nothing about bodybuilding) get this in your hand and have 20-30 bottles of test at a time...You do some crazy high doses...Just plain stupid stuff...I know some guys that took up to 3000 mg a week of test with 6 (yes 6) anadrol's a day...(I know this as fact) what did he get and look like...Honestly, he looked like crap and felt worse than he looked...He was bloated and his BP was on the side of having a stroke...I cant say anyone from that time peroid actully did anything with there body's then...I mean I dont remember anyone actully putting on crazy amount of muscle then, cause there health was for crap...I have done some stuped doses to, and honestly cant say that I grew better at that time peroid...No my diet wasnt as good (hell sometimes its not that great now...LOL!!!) my training was hardcore as hell (meaning I was training super heavy cause my dumb ass didnt know no better) ...With me being older and much wiser, I know now that diet and training are waaaaaay more important than the amout of test or other gear you use...So my moral to this whole story ??? It's not rocket science were dealing with here...Just buy what you can with the money you can afford to lose (I say that cause now more than ever you have a very good chance to lose your package threw the mail or get totally ripped off)...Get some test and some deca or EQ or whatever....It really doesnt matter as long as its REAL...Cause if its real, your going to grow...As long as your diet and training is CORRECT and done RIGHT !!!

Just my opinion

chris

thx for the input chris250. Theres still many who do things like you talk about, I met one guy this spring, and after a couple of months friendship he started asking about aas, he do compete and carry a respectable amount of mass but nothing out of the ordinary, he complained about his progress had stopped and wonder how I did things. I told him I try yo use as little as possible, and that I currently did 500mg sust ew and 10mg var ed. He nodded and looked a little strange and started telling me what he did, 8iu hgh ed, masteron, winstrol, primo, test, deca and maybe something more I don't remember. I asked how much is this all together? and he could honestly not sum it up.....he started go through the week Mon I do this, Tues that, Wed....this - no sry Wed I take this new test blend. ...etc

He is at least taking 2-3g together ew with all that hgh, odd but he eats clean 4x300g chicken and 2xshakes every day. Still he does not gain and is not ripped.

I think it's important to remember that you can NOT force your body to grow(at least I believe this). BUT you can prime your body for growth making the environment optimal; that means: staying in an anabolic state all the time. Not 7000kcals and 3-5g gear, that is forcing and your body's main task will be to secrete waste products. If you eat what your body can handle and take gear in a sensible fashion according to your level of LBM you will grow max of what is possible.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner