advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I love the people that walk around bragging about how much they lift.

DECABEATZ

Banned
so I see this ongoing trend a lot where guys will brag about how much they lift. Hey guess what you look like shit! It just annoys me sometime! Remember this it doesn't matter how much you lift, if you look like shit. Get focused on what you look like; that's what matters! Most guys just don't get it! Anybody else see or hear this?

so I see this ongoing trend a lot where guys will brag about how much they lift. Hey guess what you look like shit! It just annoys me sometime! Remember this it doesn't matter how much you lift, if you look like shit. Get focused on what you look like; that's what matters! Most guys just don't get it! Anybody else see or hear this?

What about the guys that train for strength? Not everyone cares what they look like on a beach. Although I do get what you are saying.

Last edited:
what an awesome thread OP, I ALSO love these people and can completely relate to you and your frustrations. thanks for the contribution.

Not everyone cares about being 250+pounds and single digit bodyfat. Plenty of fat dudes that only care about strength. I've been on both ends of the spectrum and am currently happy being smaller but single digit bodyfat.

Not everyone cares about being 250+pounds and single digit bodyfat. Plenty of fat dudes that only care about strength. I've been on both ends of the spectrum and am currently happy being smaller but single digit bodyfat.

Let's hope the OP is 250 pounds and single digit bodyfat after starting such a thread.

There's one thing much worse than saying how much you lift.........

People who tell you how much they paid for everything they own!:rolleyes:

Oh this x10... I can't stand that. Also when people ask what I paid for things. I bought a corvette a few months ago and that's everyone's first question and then the follow up is how much money I make? Wtf is wrong with people these days...

I paid $7 for a set of 5# dumbbells that I can lift almost 10 times...

:D

Oh this x10... I can't stand that. Also when people ask what I paid for things. I bought a corvette a few months ago and that's everyone's first question and then the follow up is how much money I make? Wtf is wrong with people these days...

What do you do for a living? Where do you find cars like that at? You must make a lot of money! :rolleyes:

I paid $7 for a set of 5# dumbbells that I can lift almost 10 times...

:D
lol :D My God I wish I had your funds and your strength. I am immediately jealous and feel inferior, which I presume is precisely what you wished for.

Someone sounds a little jelly.

Vasily Ivanovich Alekseyev (Russian: Василий Иванович Алексеев; 7 January 1942 – 25 November 2011) was a Soviet weightlifter. He set 80 world records and 81 Soviet records in weightlifting and won gold medals at the 1972 and 1976 Summer Olympics.

A picture of him: :cool:

Attachments

• Vasily_Alekseyev.png
    Vasily_Alekseyev.png
    74 KB · Views: 528
My view is you paid your gym membership ,you could do and look like you want.But from my experience the heavier powerlifter guys always problems with the smaller leaner guys.There are afew powerlifter guys at my gym that give me that stink eye because I don't have a gut and I wear tanktops a lot.

I’m an old man but look to be in pretty good shape. I love when other men around my age who look like crap proceed to tell me how much money they make or made completely out of context. I feel like saying; “Why don’t you take some of that $$$ and buy yourself a bra because your man-boobs are way out of control…” bro!

Another thing I love is when men (again think 50s) tell me what they used to do; “when I was younger, I used to lift such-and-such”. Again, I feel like saying; “That was 30+ years ago bro, why don’t you try stretching a bit and work on your posture so you don’t walk around like a stiff hunch-back…”.

Anyway, I think it’s just insecurity in the presence of a clearly superior male who really doesn’t give a crap about how much money you make/made or what you used to do 30+ years ago…

I laugh or just smile at people who talk about what they can lift of what they have. WHO cares, you obviously know they are seeking praise or they are super insecure.

Why do you let it upset you? What someone can lift or say has no effect on my life and how I feel

This thread is an insult to Olympic lifters, powerlifters, and strongmen everywhere! If someone is walking around bragging about their lifts then they're a tool...if they're discussing it with other people, you overhear them and find yourself disgusted because they don't physically fit your idea of what they should look like, then you're the tool!!

There are bigger things in my life that cause me aggravation than to worry about what someone brags about lifting at the gym.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws