Ram Dass (Richard Alpert)
Mark Jacobson
James Gilligan
Max Stirner
Bill Hicks
David R Hawkins
Nisargadatta Maharaj

I definitely couldn't choose just 3 characters, lol

My workout partner back in college insisted that we take one of the long claustrophobic university bus rides to watch and listen to a special guest speaker. After sleeping for about 3 hrs and waking up at 4:30 AM for a 5 AM workout along with pre-contest cardio, all I wanted to do was finish eating my 6 scrambled egg whites with 1 whole egg, 1.5 cups of grits, and a 40 gram protein shake so I could skip my 9 AM Physics class and 10 AM Economics class to catch a 2 hour nap before being bombarded with Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Virology, Physical Biochemistry. Like a good friend, I popped an ephedra tab back when it was legal and went to with him to listen to this "special guest speaker." As I got off the bus and immediately looked over the side railing to see the overall turn out and more importantly, how many hotties were in attendance (it's the truth). Before I could even begin to take account of the overall turn out let alone the second part of my plan, I glimpsed this massive mountain of a man wearing a sports coat with a big smile on his face talking to a several students. My mind was screaming: "Bro, that's Lee F'n Haney and he's giving a talk at our university!!!!" My friend knew this all along and did everything in his power to force me to attend in order to meet the one of the most humble individuals to have been crowned Mr. Olympia multiple times. As you probably guessed, my buddy and I skipped our 9 AM and 10 AM classes to sit down and have a long conversation with Mr. Lee Haney. He answered all of our questions and was exceptionally polite the entire time. Also, standing next to Lee Haney made me feel like a Hobbit.

After what seemed like 10 minutes, over an hour had passed by. Lee had to make another guest appearance to give another talk at some other venue and actually gave my buddy his personal phone number and told him that if he's ever in Atlanta, stop by for a workout. Lee then suggested that we take pictures to together. What a stellar guy. After that, my buddy and I were so psyched, we ditched the remainder of our classes that day and went to the dining hall to eat big so we could be big like Lee Haney. True story. Good times. Good memories.
I met Lee Labrada like that back in 91. He was the same way. That is really awesome how Haney shared his personal phone number! I got to meet Lee Labrada and Bob Paris that way at our college. My weightlifting club had a yearly bodybuilding contest and we would hire pros to come in and guest pose and give a seminar.

Some of your posts really are condescending nonsense. So we are all ignorant because we picked Jordan Peterson. You act like the fact your list includes various philosophers (etc) from hundreds of years ago that your list is more intellectual. People would make fun of Jordan Peterson... lol... so what many of us would like to have dinner with him. It's a simple question of who we would like to have dinner with and you insult our picks. You don't even know the reasons why we picked who we did. Not everything is for enlightenment. I find Donald Trump funny and I would like to meet him and I think he is an interesting person... it's as simple as that. When I look at your list it honestly just makes you look like a pretentious *****
Right now Trump would be my number one!

The surprising thing is that no one has mentioned Ron Paul, on a bodybuilding board where most of them inject illegal drugs, lmfao, when he is the only politician who would annul all the laws of the government and its bureaucratic agencies, as well as all the exaggerated jail sentences .

And Ron is the only politician I know who has a philosophical and moral background based and influenced by the origins of the nation.
Id love to have lunch with Ron and his son Rand. Wow! I cant imagine how I would act if I ran into one of them in public, they arent far from me down in Kentucky. Im a huge fan and donated a lot to both of their campaigns.

It amazes me that so many people are interested in politicians or former presidents. Yes, the founding fathers were wise men and philosophers who had great principles, but those of the past and present century? They have nothing to do with those excellent mans, all of them have contributed to destroy the amendments of the republic and the constitution, and give more power to an authoritarian government.

It is also surprising that in the bodybuilding community Jordan Peterson is considered almost like a deity. People who are really interested in intellectual, philosophical issues, etc ... don't hold it in high regard, and even make fun of him, lol. For you to understand, it would be like the people who think / thought that Rich Piana was the best bodybuilder in the world and strongest man. Ignorant people are going to buy it because it is everything they saw on YouTube, people who understand about sport or bb contests and history, know that it was a fiction far removed from reality.
No bro you’re just an asshole.
It amazes me you continue to comment on a bodybuilding forum and don’t know what a deficit is.

Meh, I would say based on what I see today, businesses being closed, people walking around wearing surgical masks everywhere they go, the people of the world collectively have quivered and bowed rather than pushed back when the governments have gone authoritarian.
There are many sections of our country that are not shut down and many millions of people who are not wearing masks or "quivering and bowing" to government. Watch a variety of new media and you will see countless examples that illustrate the exact opposite of your point. There is also a quite significant difference between a government having authority and a government being authoritarian. In an authoritarian government the recall ballot in California could never happen and the scandals with the governor of New York would never have come to light, and if they did, the voices spreading this information would be violently suppressed. Since this is not happening the word Authoritarian does not apply. Just because you are unhappy with many of the things happening in our country (just as I am also unhappy about them) does not make us an An authoritarian country.

It amazes me that so many people are interested in politicians or former presidents. Yes, the founding fathers were wise men and philosophers who had great principles, but those of the past and present century? They have nothing to do with those excellent mans, all of them have contributed to destroy the amendments of the republic and the constitution, and give more power to an authoritarian government.

It is also surprising that in the bodybuilding community Jordan Peterson is considered almost like a deity. People who are really interested in intellectual, philosophical issues, etc ... don't hold it in high regard, and even make fun of him, lol. For you to understand, it would be like the people who think / thought that Rich Piana was the best bodybuilder in the world and strongest man. Ignorant people are going to buy it because it is everything they saw on YouTube, people who understand about sport or bb contests and history, know that it was a fiction far removed from reality.
As far as Jordan Peterson goes I understand that you seem to not hold him in high regard and that is your opinion and ultimately up to you. I don't want to have dinner with him as I've read some of his work and watched many of his class lectures on youtube. Keep in mind Many of the intellectual class and modern philosophers of the day might not hold him in high regard but the overwhelming majority of them do not have clinical experience, just academic degrees. Their perspective is not aligned well with the reality that much of Western civilization finds itself in these days. One of his many core or fundamental messages is that you are responsible for your own success and only you can make it happen through taking responsibility for yourself and your actions. Many in the bodybuilding and fitness community approach life with the same mindset which is why they were attracted to this sport that requires discipline and responsibility more than almost any other sport. Your opinions are your own but your perspective on the two things discussed in your post seems to be limited to what you want to believe as opposed to what is really easy to understand if you look even just a little bit below the veneer and expand your horizons. Don't be led by what you are hearing or being told, make connections in your mind based on research and facts, this way your arguments will resonate with far more people.

Obviously you don't want to understand what a generalization means. If I say, "all fat people are lazy", it does not mean that this applies to 100% of people, but it does to the majority.

And you will understand that I do not have physical time to analyze all the decisions of all the presidents of the United States in the last 100 years, but there is clearly a tendency to increase the war and welfare state if you compared to the first decades of the creation of the nation. And the totalitarian state does not come suddenly, it comes little by little. If you don't want to see it, you have a big problem.
In addition to being a bodybuilder I am a History and Language Arts teacher and am very well versed in the use and understanding of words and language, including generalizations. What I understand most about generalizations is that they are used when a factual basis for an argument is not present. They are also dangerous because they appeal solely to emotional response, and that is dangerous if true discourse is to occur. And wile I too don't have time to analyze all the decisions our presidents have made the Presidents I presented were just the first three that came to mind. On top of this, my religion and field of study/profession make me acutely aware of how totalitarianism progresses. In your original argument you used the word Authoritarian, now you use the word Totalitarian. While similar these two forms of government are not the same so once again your mixing up and poor use of words undermines the validity of your argument. Now that that's out of the way I have to say that I actually agree with you about the direction our country is heading and the many glaring problems we have. My criticism of you is just a criticism of and disagreement with the tenor and approach of your argument. I don't need you to understand this but I certainly hope you do.

Father and grandmother -. Apologize for the crap I put them through with my selfishness

Martin luther king jr.

Father and grandmother -. Apologize for the crap I put them through with my selfishness

Martin luther king jr.
MLK Jr. Imperfect man with a perfect message!

Sienna West
Danielle Derek
Amy Anderssen

I insist that the last 2 remain mute during the dinner. First one is smart though, she can talk.

My real answer:
Jon Von Neumann (polymath and founder of modern computer science)
Deng Xiaoping (the prime minister who finally got China to open up to the rest of the world after their communist revolution)
Hidetaka Miyazaki (creator of the legendary dark souls, bloodborne, and sekiro video games)

I lost her to cancer in 2015 , she was 16 and there was so much more I needed to tell her.

Seeing people die nearly every day, the ones that hit me the most are the children. Once time of death has been announced, I find a quiet place to shed a tear and to question God's ingenious plan.

Alan Watts
Gabor Mate
Robert Sapolsky
Sam Harris
Noah Harari
Philipp Mainländer
Neil deGrasse
Carl Sagan
George Carlin
Ram Dass (Richard Alpert)
Mark Jacobson
James Gilligan
Max Stirner
Bill Hicks
David R Hawkins
Nisargadatta Maharaj

I definitely couldn't choose just 3 characters, lol

Dude, do you suffer from dysrithmeticia? (Yes, that's a neologism = made up word). THREE...not THREE HUNDRED. ;)

No longer here:
JFK
Tupac
Anthony Bourdain
Edgar Cayce

Tom Brady
Joe Rogan
Trump

LOL I don't think anyone has mentioned a woman yet. Also, as I'm sure most are well aware - several mentioned in this thread have had a 3hr long sitdown (or multiple) with Joe Rogan...so that's not exactly dinner- but if you haven't seen them yet, you'd likely enjoy. I have a feeling Trump will ask to go on Rogan at some point.

I posted Ayn Rand . She was a woman. I will also add Margaret Thatcher to my list.

three more interesting ones would be

bill belicheck (will be interesting to see though if he ever does anything post Brady)
kurt warner (amazing story)
Kyle rittenhouse (kid has balls)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner