advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you were regular person would you like bodybuilders??

Ry Roid

Registered
This is something I have been thinking about since I quit and just do things on my own terms. If you were a regular guy, meaning you might/might not even go to gym, would you think big meatheaded bodybuilders were good guys like other Pro athletes? I highly doubt it. I used to see people wispering and go right up to them and asked if they had something to say to say it to my face. Nowadays I just don't care and try to show people I am just normal nice guy. Remember guys, when your in the gym it is business but, remember to be civil to others. When fuckheads like Bush go on Rants about gear and athletes its helps if people think twice and remember they met a bodybuilder once and he was using gear and was nice person. People remember shit like that. Anyway it is 4am and I am ranting again.

RY

I am bored, also, so I will get in here with you. lol

If I were not a bodybuilder I would be just as intimidated as others usually are by bodybuilders. It is human nature to try to bring down others to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. I believe that this is the underlying reason that gear takes the bashing that it does. It is sooo easy for guys who are smaller and less built to point to gear as the reason why someone else is more muscular. If it weren't gear, it would be that excuse "I just don't have 6 hours to spend in the gym everyday". We have all heard every excuse out there.
There will always be tons of excuses for people to make themselves feel better about themselves for not "measuring up", when in reality, that fat bastard wants to look like you in every way. He just doesn't have the balls to do what it takes.

Just my early morning opinion........

Skip

depends,lol
Chicks dig Big guys plain and simple for the most part.
now other guys thats a differant story.
Im sure bash the hell out of us to there G/f - Wifes
BUT you know in there mind there thinking Damn! wish I was built like that. how many females you see that want rid of us and roids?? Id say its not nearly as many.

Its the cockblockers and sellouts Like Lyle A. that are killing it
for us,imo

I think you need to he helpful and respectful to others regardless. You may be "off juice" (and could have been off for a LOONG time) but still look like you're on. To the onlooker, you're "on." So you need to portray yourself in a good light.

I was exposed to bodybuilding (at least was very observant about it) back in the 70's or early 80's. There was a bodybuilding constest on one of the TV Sports programs. It was held on the beach in Southern California. Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer were the commentators. Both were wearing suits - as all commentators did back then (and I guess still do). Of course Mike looked pretty huge in his suit. Frank looked big but not extraordinarily so. Of course they talked a lot and showed clips of Frank - cause of all his accomplishments. I was so impressed that he could look so fantastic on stage yet not real out of place in street clothes. I made a decision then, I want to look like that.

I didn't really persue it until years later. I did workout a lot but it was mainly to get/stay in shape to race motorcycles.

xcel

I think what the general public doesn't like in general is exaggeration in any form, and many of us agree with that. Think about the kids sagging their pants and wearing their hats sideways. BB are no different. Look at the clothes a lot of them wear and how they walk. It's all a caricature of real life and thus the attention they get is negative just like the youngsters.

Not long ago I was having dinner with my mom at a Coco's. Two BB's walked in, wearing boatnecks and spandex with hiking boots. Whether you are big or not, that just looks odd. People were pointing at them not because they were big, but because of what they were wearing. Simply, they looked like clowns. All they needed was the face paint and red nose. The funny thing is that they weren't big or lean, probably 200lbs. at most...

My friends who are BB's aren't like that and thus rarely get a negative reaction. The same with my PL friends. It's not about being a bodybuilder or a powerlifter, it's about the image you put forth...

Just my 2 cents,
SB

I myself have never judged a book by it`s cover..before I started liftin and now..I have all different kinds of friends....juicers, alcaholics, pot heads, buisnessmen, old, young, fat and small...to me its whats inside that makes people who they are..juice or no juice.

RY really brings up some good points.

I of course hang in the 'hardcore' crowd in the gym. But most all of us are very friendly with all the more 'normal' members who are not BBers. Many of these people say they were intimadated by us before they knew us-and never knew we were such nice guys. But they also say they kind of figured we were cool-because they always saw us chatting up with all kinds of different folks. We are not they type that wont talk to anyone and go around with headphonhes on to avoid contact with anyone. Not that I dont understand some need dthat focus, and Im not knocking it.
I really agree that with Bush's moronic comments that we need to come across as descent, normal, caring human beings to the masses. Its a shame we are being villified, while they have a celebration on shows like EXTREME MAKEOVER when some lazy fuck takes the surgery route to change their body-while we are still willing to endure years of honest hard work, and a little hormonal aid, to accomplish our goals.

It is different

Once you get over wt of 250 (for taller guys) or 200 for shorter guys, then I really see people looking at you different. That is if you stay lean (under 12%).
You definitely stick out like a sore thumb. I do hear many comments both good and bad about the size of large BB's.
What is strange for me is that I've always been an outgoing guy who loves to joke around and have fun with everyone. But since I've hit that size that just can't be considered "normal" anymore, people are SOO much more intimidated.
They have this stereotype in thier mind that you are either mean or stupid. and of course on drugs that would make them look the same way if they wanted. lol.
Although I never went on to finish college after high school (money reasons and no support from my parents) I did graduate in the top 10% of my high school class despite not applying myself very well. So stupid is far from what I feel I am.
Lately despite my efforts to actually do more than I would have in the past to be nice and help people inside and outside the gym, I feel even more avoided by people I encounter.
I dress normal and avoid attracting undue attention to myself to an extent that it has made me feel socially uncomfortable.
I can see both sides of the story, but it is still very hard for me to understand why everyone feels the need to rip others apart to make them feel better about themselves. It is a sad situation.
I guess I just wasn't raised that way.

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT TOPIC!

I CAN HONESTLY SAY I DON'T LIKE HANGING OUT WITH MOST OTHER LIFTERS. I DON'T THINK MOST REGULAR PEOPLE DO EITHER. IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD TO TYPE THIS TOO. LET ME GIVE YOU A VERY RECENT EXAMPLE WHICH WILL HIGHLIGHT THE REASONS. I TOOK A KID FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL WERE I TEACH TO A GOLD'S GYM A FEW WEEKS AGO. HE JUST GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL AFTER A 3MONTH STAY IN BED. HE GOT GORED IN THE GUTS BY A BULL HE WAS RIDING AT A RODEO. HE IS BONE THIN AND CAN HARDLY EAT BECAUSE OF THE EXTENT OF STOMACH SURGURY....I'VE BEEN HELPING HIM OUT FOR A COUPLE WEEKS AND HE IS EXCITED AND PUTTING ON SOME WEIGHT....HE COULDN'T WAIT TO GO TO A REAL GYM INSTEAD OF THE MAKESHIFT HIGHSCHOOL WEIGHT ROOM. WE GET THERE AND ARE DOING SOME LIGHT LEG WORK AND ONE OF MY 'BODYBUILDER FRIENDS' SHOWS UP......I COULDN'T HELP IT....I THOUGHT....OH, NO! THIS KID IS 18 AND I JUST DIDN'T WANT HIM TO BE EXPOSED TO MY 'FRIEND' WHO I HAVE KNOW FOR A LONG TIME. FIRST OFF........I LIKE THIS BODYBUILDER FRIEND AND WANT THE BEST FOR HIM.........I AM ALWAYS HOPING HE'LL REALISE HE'S GOT A LOT MORE TO OFFER THAN JUST HIS PHYSIQUE AND THAT JUST BEING A NICE GUY MEANS SO MUCH MORE THAN THE GUY HE'S TRYING TO PORTRAY HIMSELF TO BE. I REALLY WANT HIM TO ACHIEVE HIS GOALS AND GENUINELY LIKE HIM......BUT....................................................PICTURE WHAT THIS KID THINKS WHEN HE WITNESSES THIS PERSON, THE GYM ATMOSPHERE, AND THE REACTIONS OF OTHERS IN THE ROOM TO THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIORS: MY FRIEND IS WALKING AROUND WITH HIS HEAD UP TALKING LOUDLY, EVERYONE IN THE GYM CAN HEAR ALL ABOUT HIM AND WHAT HE'S BEEN DOING.<WHETHER THEY WANT TO OR NOT> ......HE'S GOT HIS STOCKING CAP ON...HEADPHONES AND HIS TOUGH GUY LOOK. <IMMMPRESSIVE> HE'S WEARING LONG SWEATPANTS CAUSE THE LEGS ARE THIN, BUT THE UPPER BODY IS PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED CAUSE BY GOLLY HE'S ON! THE ARMS ARE JACKED UP WITH SOMETHING CAUSE ONE IS OBVIOUSLY LARGER THAN THE OTHER, PLUS HE'S WEARING ELBOW SUPPORTS WHICH JUST MAKE HIM LOOK COOL AND ADD TO THE VASCULARITY. THIS IS ESPECIALLY EVIDENT WHEN HE APPROACHES IMMEDIATELY AFTER ASET...ANGLES HIMSELF TOWARD YOU WITH THE ONE LARGE ARM PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED, LEANS FORWARD, AND CHECKS HIMSELF OUT IN THE MIRROR CONSTANTLY AS HE'S TALKING. IT IS EVIDENT THAT HE DOESNT' REALLY CARE WHAT YOU'VE SAID TO HIM......JUST THAT YOU SEE HIM. < AND HOW BIG HE'S GOTTEN>.....IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE COMMENTED ON ANY GAINS HE'D MADE AND HAVE NOTICED JUST AS EASILY, IF HE HADN'T BEEN PUTTING ON THIS PEACOCK LIKE DISPLAY. I REALLY KEPT TRYING TO MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH HIM....WANTED TO LET HIM KNOW IT'S OKAY TO JUST BE A GOOD GUY....THAT I LIKE HIM REGARDLESS OF HOW BIG HE IS OR ISN'T. I DON'T THINK HE GETS IT. THE FUNKY SHAPED LUMPY ARMS DIDN'T IMPRESS THE KID........HE ASKED ME WHY THEY LOOKED FUNNY. THE KID ALSO MADE THE COMMENT....'THAT GUY REALLY LIKES HIMSELF DOESN'T HE?' ......AGAIN I WAS EMBARRASSED FOR MY FRIEND. I REALLY THINK HE IS UNAWARE OF HIS BEHAVIOR. HOW ASSININE HE APPEARS TO OTHERS. A GIRL I KNOW IN THE GYM CAME UP TO ME AND SAID....'.DO YOU KNOW THAT GUY?' I SAID YEAH WHY? SHE SAID 'WELL, I WAS PURPOSELY NOT LOOKING AT HIM CAUSE YOU COULD JUST TELL THAT'S WHAT HE WANTED.'......'THEN WHEN HE DIDN'T THINK I NOTICED HIM..HE STARTED CRASHING DOWN HIS WEIGHTS'. THE GUY WAS DOING ....GET THIS.....CABLE SHRUGS! IT'S NOT LIKE HE HAD 5-600 LBS ON THE DEAD LIFT AND WAS REALLY EXERTING HIMSELF...! JEEZ.........I HAD TO TELL HER THAT HE'S NOT ALWAYS LIKE THAT. MANY OF MY LIFTING FRIENDS HAVE SIMILAR HANGUPS AND ANNOYING BEHAVIORS .......AND I ALWAYS FIND MYSELF MAKING EXCUSES FOR THEM. THIS FRIEND OF MINE WAS TELLING ME ABOUT HIS POSSIBLE PRO WRESTLING CAREER.....AND I WAS EXCITED FOR HIM, AND WOULD CHEER MY ASS OFF IF HE MAKES IT! BUT..........EVERYONE WITHIN EARSHOT KNOWS HE'S TRYING TO BE A PRO WRESTLER! HE WANTED TO GO OUT AND HAVE A MEAL THAT NIGHT AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTED IN CATCHING UP...BUT I DIDN'T BECAUSE I KNEW HE'D PROBABLY JUST TREAT THE WAITRESS BADLY OR BE STARING AT HIS REFLECTION IN THE SILVER WARE OR SOMETHING! I CRINGE AT THE THOUGHT OF BEING NUMBERED AMONGST OUR KIND MOST OF THE TIME. I REALLY HOPE HE FIGURES OUT THAT HE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE A GREAT PERSON SOMEDAY IN SPITE OF HIS LIFTING RATHER THAN BECAUSE OF IT.:(

Last edited:
Hell I really dont like that many bodybuilders I know and I am a bodybuilder or whatever you want to call it..most of them are so self-involved, all they ever do is speak in matter of fact and think they are a gift to this world..but every once and a while you will get a humble kind bber but not often..

well I can safely say that I admire bber's, I'm not one, I'm a football player/powerlifter mostly, although I just finished my 4 years of college ball so I'm doing a lot more body building, but I know where you guys are coming from, I mean I'm 6'5 340, definately not lean, but quite big. I get all kinda strange looks when I'm lifiting and anywhere else I go, but I don't let it get to me, I'm always happy to help people if they ask, although I suppose I do look like a hardass in the gym :p without doubt, people need to respect those of us who work out hard for what we do and not assign all kinds of stupid stereotypes to us, really pisses me off sometimes....

I know I would look at bodybuilders if I were normal. The reason is because when I was in the 6th grade I was small and weak but fast and athletic so wound up having to fight all the time.

I used to want to be like the guys who were bigger that looked like they worked out so I started working out in 7th grade never stopped unless due to the military or injury etc.

I never want to be normal or average in anything I do job, body, etc. Like to try to always be in the top 5 in anything I do. Except for college I just wanted to get my degree and did. Etc. MM

Sandblaster said:
I think what the general public doesn't like in general is exaggeration in any form, and many of us agree with that.

This is true. I saw an interesting example of this on TV a
few months ago. I think the show was "Date Line NBC". They
had a slim, average-looking girl pretend to be a new student at
some high school walking around with a hidden camera. Then
they showed the same student wearing a "fat suit" at the
school on another day. She was treated much differently as
a fat girl. I would like to see this type of experiment done
in a more public setting (a shopping mall) with a slim guy then
a bodybuilder guy to see how people react.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131