over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Intra workout shake

Thanks guys. Some good posts there!

Defo gonna play about with different carb sources and feel what works for me

i would be the first to tell ya that i thought the intra drink things was silly.. but after meadows gave me tips and what to hunt for ect i decided to try it.. i can tell ya that it makes a difference.. felt it right away.. pumps great.. felt energized throughout the whole workout.. so im sold.. have one every workout now..

Have you tried HBCD and Casein Hydrolysate/Peptopro? From my experience, it seems the only people who downplay their effectiveness or worth are people who have never tried them.

I tried pepto pro, karbolyn, vitargo, bcaas, eaas, creatine, citrulline malate, and a bunch of other shit that I don't care to look up and don't remember off the top of my head. In any different combo you can imagine. My workouts actually got worse I felt bloated, weak, hypo etc. Not to mention I felt like a chemist mixing all these fucking powders.

Interesting point of view. Ive noted a marked increase in exercise stamina among myself and others I have put on peri nutrition. However if you run out of supps, old fashioned apples work great in a pinch.

What stamina... Im not running a marathon Im trying to lift the heaviest weight possible as fast as possible in a controlled manner. I don't need stamina my workouts last 45-1hr. I have plenty of stored glycogen from my meal 1hr - 1hr 30 min before hand.

I can argue this all day I wrote in my initial post if it works for you and gives you the mental edge and makes you happy then by all means use it.

I can argue this all day I wrote in my initial post if it works for you and gives you the mental edge and makes you happy then by all means use it.

Ok, so long as you understand it is not just a mental edge that is obtained. To say that people who spend their money and consume these intra workouts are just gaining a mental edge and nothing else is a bit ignorant.

I'd also just like to add that Karbolyn and Vitargo were cool for a while...and worked as well as anything(at the time). HBCD works much better as far as mixing and sitting in the stomach and definitely raised the bar. I definitely cant be screwing with 125-150g of Karbolyn....like I do with Glycofuse. Don't know why...but it's true.

Though I have found my fantastic intra workout mix, my next experiment will be buying a couple months worth of Plazma to do a trial on it.

Last edited:
Knight - do you stick to a certain % of add ons (pepto pro etc) to your glycofuse? i.e. no more than 40% (just a example) of solution can be stuff you have chucked in?

Knight - do you stick to a certain % of add ons (pepto pro etc) to your glycofuse? i.e. no more than 40% (just a example) of solution can be stuff you have chucked in?

No... I started at 20 and experimented my way up to about 45.

I use 30 or so on arm days...
and about 45g on Chest and Delt, Back, Legs

The smaller body part is usually the shorter workout as well and I tend to use a little less carbs and peptopro.
On another note....FYI, Plazma is mixed in a 15g/38g ratio.. protein/carbs.

Ok, so long as you understand it is not just a mental edge that is obtained. To say that people who spend their money and consume these intra workouts are just gaining a mental edge and nothing else is a bit ignorant.

I'd also just like to add that Karbolyn and Vitargo were cool for a while...and worked as well as anything(at the time). HBCD works much better as far as mixing and sitting in the stomach and definitely raised the bar. I definitely cant be screwing with 125-150g of Karbolyn....like I do with Glycofuse. Don't know why...but it's true.

Though I have found my fantastic intra workout mix, my next experiment will be buying a couple months worth of Plazma to do a trial on it.

I'm interested in seeing how the Plazma works.

NO Shotgun.

they have an intra-workout version of it but the stims help a lot of people, like me, out for intense workouts. It has pepto-pro, BCAA, and everything else you would be looking for. Reasonably good taste (which is really shucking with 20g of pepto-pro/serving).

I would give it a shot.

NO Shotgun.

they have an intra-workout version of it but the stims help a lot of people, like me, out for intense workouts. It has pepto-pro, BCAA, and everything else you would be looking for. Reasonably good taste (which is really shucking with 20g of pepto-pro/serving).

I would give it a shot.

No Shotgun just has added caffeine stimulates--- I use the No SyntheSize along with a carb source called CarboLean sold my MuscleFeast has been a great combo for me for the past year. 2scoops of the nosynthesize=40Grams Pepto Pro and 2.5 scoops of the carbo lean=100Grams of Carbs combo of waxy maize.Dextrose and maltodextrin

I dilluted gatorade in 2 L of water for awhile mixed with BCAA, it was OK, but I can use less water with HBCD and feel no ill effects.

I don't think you want to be adding too much to this shake beyond hydro caseins and HBCD. Those of you combining 4 or 5 ingredients are over-thinking it. Save the goodies for later if you must.

For someone who avoids carbs in the early parts of the day like myself, introducing them during the workout allows me to train with the volume necessary to elicit growth without sputtering out midway through. I don't use carbs in my pre-wo meal, only the intra shake, and love how I feel. A marked difference.

Don't knock it until you try it. I don't love the Plazma hype spammed all over the internet, but there's something to HBCD. You can find HBCD by themselves if you want to save a few bucks.

I take;

100g HBCD
21g PeptoPro
20g Hydrolyzed BCAA
10g Leucine
10g Creatine
10g Glycerol

Mixed in 2000ml water.

I start sipping after my 3rd working set. Finish within 15 minutes of the end.

No Shotgun just has added caffeine stimulates--- I use the No SyntheSize along with a carb source called CarboLean sold my MuscleFeast has been a great combo for me for the past year. 2scoops of the nosynthesize=40Grams Pepto Pro and 2.5 scoops of the carbo lean=100Grams of Carbs combo of waxy maize.Dextrose and maltodextrin

I was using Synthesize for a while...great product and tastes good too, not like regular straight pepto pro lol

I take;

100g HBCD
21g PeptoPro
20g Hydrolyzed BCAA
10g Leucine
10g Creatine
10g Glycerol

Mixed in 2000ml water.

I start sipping after my 3rd working set. Finish within 15 minutes of the end.

Looks great...almost the Mike Arnold concoction. I have all the ingredients waiting for me on my counter to do the exact protocol soon. The suspense is killing me.

I have found intra workout shake to be genuinely helpful for bb purposes. for the past few years I played with this quite a bit right now im in a position where I am going to have to rely more on whole foods so I will have to change my entire routine around a lot.

pre work out is tied into intra work out, I moved post workout to intra and did notice a visable difference. I am talking about actual physical difference not just some mental game.

pre workout ( as noted amounts vary slightly with muscle trained )

30-45g simple carbs preffer plain rice, potato or granulated rice, carbs as in liquid are not quite as good.

if using whole foods I have played with fats a bit like JM has outlined, I do feel better with a small amount though the type changes digestion. example oils make me shit but nut butters work great.

25-35g protein non flavored whey iso
3-5 potassium citrate
5g alanine
5g leucine
10-15g taurine
using 3-5g beta alanine but don't think I would buy it again
have played with sea salt and find I hold too much water. I would add magniesium taurate if I had not been taking it throughout the day.

intra shake
60-75g carbs ( I typically use generic chocolate milk mix cus its cheap! lol )
40-60g pro same as above
5g alanine
5g leucine
10-15 taurine

sometimes ill add creatine into the mix 5g each shake.

either walk or ride my bike to gym or 10 mins on treadmill to warm up eat/drink pre workout just before leaving the house, about 30 mins before getting to gym.

start drinking my shake as im warming up for first set and finish before fascia stretching then 20 min active recovery or walk home. eat about an hour later.

doing this I am bigger but its just more water in the muscle. great feel and look in the gym though.

Sorry guys what's HBCD, haven't heard of this before ( I live in the uk )

This seems a popular choice

Sorry guys what's HBCD, haven't heard of this before ( I live in the uk )

This seems a popular choice

Highly branched cyclic dextrins...

Gaspari Glycofuse is one product that is made from it.

Right now I am drinking a full serving of mutant mass during training. That's 176g carbs, 52g protein and 16g fat :D

really? how does that work?

i train better fasted

why do you think this works....?
what successful pros have done this....?
sounds as counter intuitive as can be.
seems as illogical as can be.
"fasting", sounds contradictory to everything I believe.
-JS

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity