I take;

100g HBCD
21g PeptoPro
20g Hydrolyzed BCAA
10g Leucine
10g Creatine
10g Glycerol

Mixed in 2000ml water.

I start sipping after my 3rd working set. Finish within 15 minutes of the end.

why do you think this works....?
what successful pros have done this....?
sounds as counter intuitive as can be.
seems as illogical as can be.
"fasting", sounds contradictory to everything I believe.
-JS

It would be a good way to lose weight, including muscle.

i'm cutting now lol..so preworkout nutrition will solve it?i'm no fan of intra wo

my intra.. is 50 grams hbcd.. 25 grams of hydrol whey.. 10 grams bcaa.. keep adding water to it until its gone to time at workouts end.. wait a hour then have a soild meal.. i need more though so DANTE will be getting a call from me..:D

why do you think this works....?
what successful pros have done this....?
sounds as counter intuitive as can be.
seems as illogical as can be.
"fasting", sounds contradictory to everything I believe.
-JS

I agree. Although it could just be in the run up to training. I wouldn't intentionally do it as it just seems wrong to me to fast (apart from when sleeping or detoxing). But the times I have trained fasted I have had more focus, strength and energy. But you can bet post training I would have had a massive meal to compensate :D

i'm cutting now lol..so preworkout nutrition will solve it?i'm no fan of intra wo

then I don't know what you call fasting. I would think fasting is a long time without food. like over 8 hours (like sleep like ELVIA said)
I don't "Fast" except for sleeping.
I like to eat. seems very logical..... EVEN when cutting. but that's a whole other thread :)

to OP sorry we got off topic.
I like intra shake when on slin. just makes sense so I don't go hypo.
otherwise I prob wouldn't mess with it. my wk outs are kinda short anyway
-JS

Last edited:
haha not that extreme,i usually eats in the morning about 8 and hit the gym at 1pm

haha not that extreme,i usually eats in the morning about 8 and hit the gym at 1pm

that would be a STRETCH for me lol. I am hungry damn near every 1.5 hrs if "cutting" and metabolism is CHURNING.
I don't think that long without food is helping you. but that's just my opinion (and experience)
-JS

Looks great...almost the Mike Arnold concoction. I have all the ingredients waiting for me on my counter to do the exact protocol soon. The suspense is killing me.

Glad to hear you're going this direction. I am a big fan. The glycerol made a dramatic difference for me in doms.

Ok, so long as you understand it is not just a mental edge that is obtained. To say that people who spend their money and consume these intra workouts are just gaining a mental edge and nothing else is a bit ignorant.

Can you demonstrate that a trainee with adequate pre and post-wo nutrition gets a damn thing from all this crap? I know you can't do so with research because it doesn't exist.

And any bb'er you can name who claims to benefit from this stuff... Well, I could come up with ten counterexamples who are better on stage and don't waste their money on this shit.

Also, it is ass-backwards from a science perspective. I respect JM a great deal, but his ditch-digging analogy with how this stuff works is terribly misguided. The primary breakdown pathway in skeletal muscle activated by resistance training is the ubiquitin-proteasome system which:

A. Is not significantly suppressed by either insulin - even at supraphysiological levels - or carbohydrate ingestion.

B. Even if you could suppress it you wouldn't want to because it is the driver for tissue remodeling. You would essentially be preserving damaged myofibrils in favor of having them repaired.

Insulin does suppress lysosomal proteolysis, but this is a minor player and is suppressed at very low serum insulin levels. Doubling basal insulin essentially caps out suppression of proteolysis and that can be achieved without carbs at all - much less shit that costs more $/gm than test.

Glycogen depletion is also not a concern for the majority of resistance trainees, but even in those few where marathon workouts and carb restriction might be issues it still just requires adequate daily carb intake to replenish - no magic shakes necessary.

There is just zero fucking evidence this shit does any good for a non-fasted trainee. But, if it is working for you then keep at it, just don't insist that those of us who don't see a benefit are ignorant. I used IW shakes for years, then quit and noticed no difference - which is in line with both the science and the experiences of many others.

I dont know, I definitely notice a difference. Now, my intra is pretty simple compared to some of the others listed. Just simple carbs from gatorade mix, bcaa's, creatine, and glutamine. And although it hasnt piled on slabs of muscle, which I dont think anyone expects, it has indeed increased my recovery big time which is a big deal when doing any HIT training like DC..

No Shotgun just has added caffeine stimulates--- I use the No SyntheSize along with a carb source called CarboLean sold my MuscleFeast has been a great combo for me for the past year. 2scoops of the nosynthesize=40Grams Pepto Pro and 2.5 scoops of the carbo lean=100Grams of Carbs combo of waxy maize.Dextrose and maltodextrin

dude your a musclefeast customer? ive been going to the when they had uber low protein prices with free shipping...i love those guys. they have the greatest protein around

Powdered muscle from trueprotein...seems to work for me.

Have you tried HBCD and Casein Hydrolysate/Peptopro? From my experience, it seems the only people who downplay their effectiveness or worth are people who have never tried them.

EXACTLY!

My best results in over 25 years of bodybuilding have been this past year, by adding cyclodextrin and peptopro, and using LESS gear. These nutrients are just another tool in the box to excel growth and recovery. On or off gear, GH and slin, it does make a difference.

I would like to state what I mean by results for me have been a dramatic increase in size, vascularity, and getting leaner while lean muscle weight.

mayhem

Last edited:
Clearly you are joking, right?

A lot do. I do myself but chose to train carbless instead and train just as well as fasted and feel a bit more secure knowing there's some protein and fats kicking around. I'm a high carb guy but i hate carbs pre workout. I keep meal small. A chicken breast half a tin of tuna and 15g fat from nuts so my body's not Wasting too much energy digesting shit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I take;

100g HBCD
21g PeptoPro
20g Hydrolyzed BCAA
10g Leucine
10g Creatine
10g Glycerol

Mixed in 2000ml water.

I start sipping after my 3rd working set. Finish within 15 minutes of the end.

BTW- For those who talk about taste;

Through much trial and error I have found a delicious combo.

I get pepto pro in citrus limeaide
HBCD citrus limeaide for 75 g
Glycofuse kiwi strawberry for 25 g
Glycerol and creatine unflovored
Aminos in Old fashioned lemonade. Its delicious.

2 scoops of MPA (matt porter's) Muscle Intrusion from TrueNutrition

dilute in 2 liters of water, best pumps I've ever had and great recovery too, similar to pepto pro+karboload but better pumps.

I have been wondering if this was any good? How do you take yours? Do you follow the directions (1/3 pre, 1/3 intra, 1/3 post)?

i use powdered muscle, just have a couple of mouthfulls about 15 mins before training and then drink thru workout

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131