over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil?

Your health/bloodwork will likely improve if you eat more fat. Don't be afraid of it. Yolks, Avocado, etc.. (if you can't afford gfb and wild fatty fish).

i know. im just not a big fan of fat
my body functions much better on carbs... so if i add fats deliberately ill use coconut milk (for chicken and rice) or add in a few eggs here and there...
but really fish oil is all i mostly add, other fats are just traces from lean meat or milk or light cream for cooking

my body functions much better on carbs... so if i add fats deliberately ill use coconut milk (for chicken and rice) or add in a few eggs here and there...
but really fish oil is all i mostly add, other fats are just traces from lean meat or milk or light cream for cooking

You should probably become a fan of healthy(and saturated) fats. Their benefits-on so many levels - are unmatched.

Last edited:
Here is the conclusion of one of these studies:

So they took people with CHD (Coronary Heart Disease) and gave them fish oil. Of course, we don't know what kind, if it was protected from oxidation, etc etc etc... But...

Even if the patients were given the best of the best, they were still CHD patients, meaning they already had issues with their hearts. This is modern western medicine at its finest. I am not bashing western medicine btw, I am simply pointing out that it does what it does best. It treats a disease in action, it focuses on emergency care rather than prevention of disease.

But even with that aside, if you look at the conclusions you see the statement, "it does exert beneficial effects in reducing death from cardiac causes, sudden cardiac death and death from all causes." Mind-numbing to say the least.

Essentially they are saying that omega-3's are still good for health. But they won't jumpstart a dead heart.

The essential quality of Omega-3 will never be argued. If one is lacking in them, then all sorts of health issues will surface over time, especially if that person is also eating a modern food-stuff type of diet.

I hope everyone continues to take a high quality Omega-3 product and I also hope those with CHD know that taking fish oil won't "save" them.

Yeah, let's treat vessels that are already severely damaged with fish oil!Surely it will reverse years of cheesecakes, grandmas cookies,and charred steaks! Let's see what happens!

Lol what a joke - you're right, it is western medicine at it's finest(and this is coming from somebody that works in western medicine).

I'm pretty sure that pretty much all of us "function" better on carbs. You're not unique here bro.

Try a macro distribution like this:

40-45% fat
30-35% pro
20-25% cho

you'll still get your carbs and you should feel good once you adapt to lower carb intake

What if it doesnt? Example: ME!

When i was on my last diet consisting of chicken, eggs, almonds, coconut oil, avacadoes etc.... My cholesterol went pretty dang high, ive been told i have familia hypercholesterolima? So no matter what ive done my ldl will not go down below 170.... And thats the lowest ive ever gotten it thru diet alone....

So then what do u do?

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

quick question:
what was your carbohydrate consumption during this time?
sorry about your genetic condition.
i hope you are on atorvastatin by this point?

It's good to see that we are turning this massive corner on "fats are evil" mentality in the US and worldwide. I still can't explain to some of my friends that there is no such thing as "low-fat ice cream". Glad to see the blame is shifting properly on to low glycemic carbs and sugars. People are beginning to finally realize how poisonous to your body substances like HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) and refined sugars are to your body.

So to you guys following this thread: Do you incorporate MCTs also into your diets?

spoiler alert: I hope so!

^ coconut oil delivers the mct's, never realized it was so good for dogs either so I give it to my Great Danen also, she loves it

Red Palm oil got sorta of a funky taste but I do a tablespoon everyday

^ coconut oil delivers the mct's, never realized it was so good for dogs either so I give it to my Great Danen also, she loves it

Red Palm oil got sorta of a funky taste but I do a tablespoon everyday
I like coconut oil too. Gives me wicked energy. I think it has some thermogenic qualities too because it tends to make me sweat. I also use it for backne.

Heck, a very light coat on my back for a few minutes, then wiped off with a towel helps my backne a lot.

What if it doesnt? Example: ME!

When i was on my last diet consisting of chicken, eggs, almonds, coconut oil, avacadoes etc.... My cholesterol went pretty dang high, ive been told i have familia hypercholesterolima? So no matter what ive done my ldl will not go down below 170.... And thats the lowest ive ever gotten it thru diet alone....

So then what do u do?

Sent from my iPP using Tapatrash

You said "etc..." Can you be more specific?

And you are right; if you have familial hypercholesterolemia, then you need to be looking at herbal/pharmaceutical interventions, although keep in mind that there is a lot of science showing that cholesterol itself isn't the cause of mortality, but the inflammation that comes from other issues such as stress, lack of exercise, crappy food-stuff diets, alcohol, recreational drugs, environmental toxins etc.

But if you want to get your ldl down (what is your hdl?) then you'll need to take some other measures besides diet to intervene. Are you currently being treated pharmaceutically?

^ and sugar intake too

Here is the conclusion of one of these studies:

So they took people with CHD (Coronary Heart Disease) and gave them fish oil. Of course, we don't know what kind, if it was protected from oxidation, etc etc etc... But...

Even if the patients were given the best of the best, they were still CHD patients, meaning they already had issues with their hearts. This is modern western medicine at its finest. I am not bashing western medicine btw, I am simply pointing out that it does what it does best. It treats a disease in action, it focuses on emergency care rather than prevention of disease.

But even with that aside, if you look at the conclusions you see the statement, "it does exert beneficial effects in reducing death from cardiac causes, sudden cardiac death and death from all causes." Mind-numbing to say the least.

Essentially they are saying that omega-3's are still good for health. But they won't jumpstart a dead heart.

The essential quality of Omega-3 will never be argued. If one is lacking in them, then all sorts of health issues will surface over time, especially if that person is also eating a modern food-stuff type of diet.

I hope everyone continues to take a high quality Omega-3 product and I also hope those with CHD know that taking fish oil won't "save" them.

Thank you for your clarification... I have always been taking them and always will.. Just did recent blood work and will see results soon.

Thanks to all the guys... Your input is appreciated

It is snake oil.

Purely nothing but commercial snake oil.

Bumping an old thread, I know but..

Which Nordic Naturals product is the one to go for and why is it better than NOW foods Ultra Omega?

Oh god, there is ALWAYS a skeptic that tries to debunk anything they hear about. I'm sure everything that has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt has attempted to be "debunked" by some asshole somewhere along the way.

Thing is, scientists can manipulate variables in any "study" to reach a conclusion that supports what they say. The FDA notoriously did this with vitamin b-17 and has done so with cannabis/thc oil to "prove" they have no effects against cancer.

In the case of cannabis oil, there are countless cancer survival stories, backed by many biochemists and world-renowned doctors. One doctor even went on TV and showed a sequence of MRI's showing tumor remission in a baby being treated with nothing but cannabis oil.

Some skeptic pointed to the "only known test" done on humans, which was synthetic thc injected directly into the tumors of a couple cancer patients over 2 weeks with no remission.

lol, that's "proof it doesn't work"-- yet cannabis oil as a treatment is supposed to be several grams ingested a day for months, and works systematically after stabilizing in your blood stream.

I have a buddy who insists that 100% of supplements, vitamins, etc are scams. Creatine is a scam. Protein is a scam. Etc.

I use fish oil because it WORKS. And no, you can't placebo away stubborn fat stores.

I'm an oldtime power lifter and it seems to make my joints feel better. (even without Deca! LOL)

2-3g omega 3s with a good epa/dha ratio is ideal. Fish oil with low omega 3 or any kind of omega 6 is snake oil.

You better believe fish oil is ideal…especially reputable brand products that are high in both epa/dha (right ration). However, Evening Primrose Oil which is an omega 6 is far from being fish oil. It's an EFA…..

It's good to see that we are turning this massive corner on "fats are evil" mentality in the US and worldwide. I still can't explain to some of my friends that there is no such thing as "low-fat ice cream". Glad to see the blame is shifting properly on to low glycemic carbs and sugars. People are beginning to finally realize how poisonous to your body substances like HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) and refined sugars are to your body.

So to you guys following this thread: Do you incorporate MCTs also into your diets?

spoiler alert: I hope so!

There actually IS, they make greek frozen yogurt now with 0 fat, 6g protein per serving and you prob couldn't tell the diff between that and ice cream.

Of course, still full of sugar, but sugar/carbs at least for me don't doom me so long as I'm not consuming lots of bad fat with it.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear