over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

JUST CALLED A LOCAL RADIO STATION

MikeS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member
Staff member
Registered
I could not stand it anymore!

All these idoits jumping on the anti-steroid bandwagon on a sports talk show Sat around noon. I called in and said it was about time that the govt stopped being so involved with steroids when it is a problem the sports governing bodies need to handle within themselves. And that it has no place in the presidents speeches and the hysteria is causeing a reefer-madness like mentality about steroids that go far past the ameture-pro sports world. The show host then got into the legality, and that when I explained that the DEA, FDA, AMA were completely against the Schedule III act caused by the knee jerk reaction to the Ben Johnson incident. He asked why the Medical doctors were not backing my version of steroids, I asked him why people are not dropping over from steroid use, and how many atheletes he knew that were dying or suffering from steroid related problems.
I again said that steroid use was reasonably safe. Basically at that point when he couldnt reply intellegently (which he had not yet done anyway) he completely cut me off.

Yet I feel I made my point and hopefully some people were listening with an open mind.

Thank god!!

We think that we are alone but, we need to stand up for our cause like Mike did. There are more of us than you think. Problem w/ going thru venues like Radio is all they have to do if they don't like what you say is to cut you off which is funny since they like to argue but, not to lose.LOL

RY

he cut you off! thats f--ked up, people are f--ked up for being so closed minded or single minded on just about everything, they want to here bad news, why?. just think were this world would be if people thought for them selves. i'm just venting

It kinda sucks though damned if you do damned if you dont. I shut up a group of co workers talking about I could be big to if I took steroids but I dont want to kill myself and my liver and my heart and kidneys.

Then I asked them how many people do they see dieing from steroid use or abuse said all the names we know to be not true Lyle Alzado which was due to the tainted GH, that fat baseball player who had a drug and drinking problem heat stroke clothes etc etc. Then I asked them how many people die each year from cigerette smoke or alcohol DWI accidents liver etc.

They all shut up quick and changed the subject they either smoked or drank. Was nice but if you defend a position they automatically assume you use also. MM

ya

massmonster32 said:
It kinda sucks though damned if you do damned if you dont. I shut up a group of co workers talking about I could be big to if I took steroids but I dont want to kill myself and my liver and my heart and kidneys.

Then I asked them how many people do they see dieing from steroid use or abuse said all the names we know to be not true Lyle Alzado which was due to the tainted GH, that fat baseball player who had a drug and drinking problem heat stroke clothes etc etc. Then I asked them how many people die each year from cigerette smoke or alcohol DWI accidents liver etc.

They all shut up quick and changed the subject they either smoked or drank. Was nice but if you defend a position they automatically assume you use also. MM

Damn good point, I have shut up MANY w/ the alcohol/cig combo.....works like a charm. :eek:

I too have shut some uneducated people up. I try not to talk about things I have no freaking clue about...some people should research before they talk.

Fact of Life

Its pretty much a given nowadays...if you don't partake in some sort of sports "enhancement", then you just flat out aren't going to cut it in professional sports on any level....take for instance, my old partner went to college with an infamous Dallas Cowboy (well used to be until he, well you know...tried to extend his career), and during the first couple years of college, he was of "normal" size...I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy was totally gifted in his abilities, but my partner told me of how during his junior/senior years in college, he miraculously gained a ton of muscle mass (which he has led to believe by powers that be the he would need it to compete in the big leagues), and then went on to the top of the draft and will most likely end up in the hall of fame someday...anyway, aside from my rambling, unless EVERYONE in ALL of SPORTS were to go totally clean, and everyone looked like they did in the 50's and 60's (aside from the occassional super freak of nature beheamoth), then there is just no way for the average guy to compete without some sort of enhancement...I'm not gonna lie, if I stood to make millions playing a game for the risk of taking juice, I'd do it in a heartbeat...especially considering I have done it and will do it just in the hopes of one day winning a simple bb'ing competition...does any of that make sense, or am I just rambling?? Well, it makes sense to me, so to hell with it....lol:D

Everyone Here - Be Careful!

massmonster32 said:
I shut up a group of co workers talking about I could be big to if I took steroids but I dont want to kill myself and my liver and my heart and kidneys.
While you can easily make a good point, don't forget the consequences (this stuff is a felony). MikeS did a GREAT thing but was able to do it anonymously. When you are having a face-to-face discussion and you're siding with steroids, you're essentially saying your "on" - esp if you look like your on!

Co-workers, people you know can use this AGAINST you. That's why I never admit use to ANYONE. You can be the nicest person in the world but there's still gonna be some asshole that thinks he's saving the world by turning in or think they're getting back at you for something you did or didn't do.

xcel

Once again, MikeS always standing up and voicing his opinion on what w all believe. Always doing us a great service by being who you are my friend, thank you!

patk

Re: Everyone Here - Be Careful!

xcelbeyond said:

While you can easily make a good point, don't forget the consequences (this stuff is a felony). MikeS did a GREAT thing but was able to do it anonymously. When you are having a face-to-face discussion and you're siding with steroids, you're essentially saying your "on" - esp if you look like your on!

Co-workers, people you know can use this AGAINST you. That's why I never admit use to ANYONE. You can be the nicest person in the world but there's still gonna be some asshole that thinks he's saving the world by turning in or think they're getting back at you for something you did or didn't do.

xcel

Xcel, I couldn't agree with you more bro...aside from these boards and my wife (now ex-wife:( ) I never breathed a word of it to anyone, I always went with the Creatine, lots of protein, and the "stuff Mark Macguire used" stories.....even still, people are gonna come to their own conclusions, but ADMIT NOTHING! :D

Very true Xcelbeyond I dont say I use but they assume. I have been get this randomly drug test 4 times in a 12 month period compared to 1 for some or none for the other employees when I asked gee these tests dont seem to be random.

They assured me they are. Funny how they expect me to fail one. I guess I get the last laugh because I always take about 2-3 hours to pee in the little cup by saying I cannot go yet and get a paid break and makes the day go by faster. MM:D

Alzado (that prick) did not die of tainted gh. The pathogen found in the old 'cadaver-extracted' gh (before the hormone was made synthetically) was CJ, Jacobs Crutzfeld disease. It is 100% fatal and is basically encepholitis. Alzado had brain cancer-the kind that was typical of AIDS infected patients. So he made performancing enhancing drugs the scapegoat so it wouldnt be revealed he was bi-sexual. And although any Doctor will (and has) tell you he did not die from any effects of steroids or gh, people dont want to hear that, and the general public still believes he died from steroids. I hate having to explain to people, over and over, this story.

My chat on this radio show was done with a biased comentator.
However about 1yr ago-I did call in during the ephedra hysteria (still ongoing!) and spoke to a VERY open minded panel of hosts
that treated me as an 'expert', not some radical nut case. So its not always bad, and you do get to have your voice heard.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131