over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Layne Norton

However, I do find he is pretty self righteous hating on the pro level freaks that very clearly use gear.

Does he?

Im genuinely curious because if so thats pretty two faced considering he trains with Pakulski relatively regularly.

Layne's come a long way since bb.com.

I think he means well, provides a lot of good info but just comes across in a 'matter of fact" way.

There isn't any one way to do things, that's what made bb'ing interesting for me....1000's of different training variations sets reps splits tempo positive negative ...and diet supplements drugs add in 1,000 more variations -people like things simplified but it hard to put a rubber stamp on things.

I think Layne is pretty intelligent when it comes to "the science"of bodybuilding. However, I do find he is pretty self righteous hating on the pro level freaks that very clearly use gear. The reality is you wouldn't have the cartoonish freaks that founded this industry without gear. A lot of bodybuilders have no intention of just looking good on stage with a decent amount of muscle. They want canon ball shoulders and veins showing in their ass cheeks. Which takes the use of powerful compounds for most people.

I personally don't follow the guy too much but I do have respect for what he does. Just my 2 cents

Layne actually doesn't hate on anyone who uses gear. He has said 1000s of times it is just his personal choice and he doesn't know anything about them. Layne knows you need AAS to get to that level of size and he has no beef with many guys who use (he is friends with PJ Braun, Aaron Singerman, and plenty of IFBB pros and high level npc athletes). So you are certainly not correct about that.

Layne has beef with irresponsible and improper use of AAS, and so do I. He has beef with stupidity, with ignorance, and with willful deceit.

Layne comes off as arrogant because stupid people force his hand and put him into a corner. So he is either a pussy who doesn't say anything or an arrogant know-it-all. I know this because it has literally happened to me countless times on this very board, where when I do speak up and bring out the science and my level of intelligence, i get called arrogant or a bragger, or have even been compared to donald trump. So I can't win either.

If you don't follow him, you really have no business opining on what he stands for and what he says or doesn't say.

If you want to hate on someone who is an arrogant know-it-all who thinks he knows about everything, we can talk about Kelechi Opara. Now he is a head case...

Does he?

Im genuinely curious because if so thats pretty two faced considering he trains with Pakulski relatively regularly.

As i just mentioned, no he does not. I have never once heard him talk negatively about AAS in the context of a bodybuilder. However, he does not think AAS should be abused and used when they aren't necessary to uncap ones genetic potential, so does he say bikini definitely doesn't need it? YES. He will discuss men's physique, but even there he won't go so far as to say no one should use, because let's face it, some of the bigger MP guys are beyond what is attainable naturally. Although the sheer number of them that are very young and have made ridiculus transformations so quickly is just pathetic. Dean michael is 22 or something and just 4 years ago never had touched a weight in his life. Too many young men and women are starting using steroids WAYYYYY too early before building a foundation because they are young, reckless, and in a hurry. This is what I have a problem with and I can assure you Layne would feel the same way.

Layne's come a long way since bb.com.

I think he means well, provides a lot of good info but just comes across in a 'matter of fact" way.

There isn't any one way to do things, that's what made bb'ing interesting for me....1000's of different training variations sets reps splits tempo positive negative ...and diet supplements drugs add in 1,000 more variations -people like things simplified but it hard to put a rubber stamp on things.

Maybe I should give him a second chance.

Last edited:
Layne actually doesn't hate on anyone who uses gear. He has said 1000s of times it is just his personal choice and he doesn't know anything about them. Layne knows you need AAS to get to that level of size and he has no beef with many guys who use (he is friends with PJ Braun, Aaron Singerman, and plenty of IFBB pros and high level npc athletes). So you are certainly not correct about that.

Layne has beef with irresponsible and improper use of AAS, and so do I. He has beef with stupidity, with ignorance, and with willful deceit.

Layne comes off as arrogant because stupid people force his hand and put him into a corner. So he is either a pussy who doesn't say anything or an arrogant know-it-all. I know this because it has literally happened to me countless times on this very board, where when I do speak up and bring out the science and my level of intelligence, i get called arrogant or a bragger, or have even been compared to donald trump. So I can't win either.

I definitely agree with this. Ive met Layne a couple of times and hes been very friendly and willing to discuss whatever. I mainly asked the question above because I have not seen that to be the case at all following his work and that would surprise me.

Also I very much agree with the bolded part. You have been very reasonable in your interactions on the board and have been shit on a lot for calling bullshit when you see it. I really respect you for that and its frustrating that this forum has continued to devolve into a massive circlejerk....

I have to say though I am proud of the fact that the board seems to be significantly more health conscious than it has been in the past. Maybe its just a phase but its refreshing.

Man that's a name I haven't seen in a while!!!

he claimed that winstrol in doses as low as 20 mg could lower SHBG by 50% or something ...wasn't that his claim to fame writing ....

Anyway I am old I still remember the thread where Big A kicked him off here years ago.

I definitely agree with this. Ive met Layne a couple of times and hes been very friendly and willing to discuss whatever. I mainly asked the question above because I have not seen that to be the case at all following his work and that would surprise me.

Also I very much agree with the bolded part. You have been very reasonable in your interactions on the board and have been shit on a lot for calling bullshit when you see it. I really respect you for that and its frustrating that this forum has continued to devolve into a massive circlejerk....

I have to say though I am proud of the fact that the board seems to be significantly more health conscious than it has been in the past. Maybe its just a phase but its refreshing.

Thank you sir. It's funny because in the real world, i.e. the world where people actually know my name, I am extremely humble, never saying my background, education, or experience unless explicitly asked. Funny how it's always the people with less than impressive 'stats' who are so willing to share them. Yes, it has in fact happened to me on this board too many times to count. Any time I try to contribute and add real value and insight, I get shit on by a bunch of guys who I probably could not have a real debate with in real life, and somehow because I get cornered, I always look like the asshole. So i just have stopped trying altogether. I have so much good going for me and spend my time and energy helping people who actually care to listen and I am feeling great about it.

Fortunately for people like Layne and myself, no one actually cares about an anonymous message board that is run like fascist germany. I can certainly tell you Layne doesn't. For how much he charges for coaching and how many clients he has, some random unknowns on a board hating on him are the least of his concerns. Layne is an awesome dude, an incredibly hard worker, and extremely generous. He gives out more free information than anyone I know. A lot of people on this board could cut their gear in half and look just as good or better if they had even close to the amount of training and nutrition knowledge that he does.

By the way, if you ARE NOT a d-bag and you are interested in checking out my website, feel free to PM me for the address. I don't want to give out my real name b/c I don't trust a handful of people here. There is a lot of good FREE information and science in my blog/articles that many of you would appreciate.

kinda why i left for a while....got tired of all of it...

but i am around and posting again....

BBOY you competing this year...?
did the knoxville classic last weekend, won heavyweight, overall, and masters. doing north americans in 3 weeks masters and open class.

did the knoxville classic last weekend, won heavyweight, overall, and masters. doing north americans in 3 weeks masters and open class.

congrats B.. well done..well deserved...GL at NAs

Have any pictures you can share? I think a lot of us would like to see how youre coming along.

Have any pictures you can share? I think a lot of us would like to see how youre coming along.

ya start a fresh thread.....if not we will check out the results from the NA's as I am sure you will finish at the tippy top!

I have a lot of respect for Layne, he is obviously a very well educated guy along with having a lot of experience in the world of bodybuilding (natural world, albeit). I think he means well.

My problem, as has been stated by others, is when I see Layne put somebody on blast for simply asking a question. Over the past few months particularly, I have seen him time and time again lay into people for simply asking a question...with I would assume them simply having hope of starting a conversation so that they can learn something. Layne is no longer interested in it though. Ask him a harmless question, you are on blast and you are a "guru bro-sciencer".

I'm new here, so I'm sure what I say means very little to anyone, but that's just my take on it.

I have a lot of respect for Layne, he is obviously a very well educated guy along with having a lot of experience in the world of bodybuilding (natural world, albeit). I think he means well.

My problem, as has been stated by others, is when I see Layne put somebody on blast for simply asking a question. Over the past few months particularly, I have seen him time and time again lay into people for simply asking a question...with I would assume them simply having hope of starting a conversation so that they can learn something. Layne is no longer interested in it though. Ask him a harmless question, you are on blast and you are a "guru bro-sciencer".

I'm new here, so I'm sure what I say means very little to anyone, but that's just my take on it.

Can you give a few examples? I don't see him do this and he answers people's emails and questions very often. If he does this, I must have missed it completely. He helps people out for free more than anyone in the industry. He puts people on blast who are ignorant and are willfully deceptive. Layne has no problem teaching and answering legitimate questions. If he in fact acts that way, it's news to me.

people get all in a fuss about this guy.from what i can tell he seems to be smart.i dont follow him really.as far as being natural or not id say before shows hes on.i cant buy a taller skinny white guy holds that much size without anything.i looked at some of his pics from shows and id say yeah.
ive seen a video or two also where hes training and he doesent even look like he lifts.
maybe he is counting on staying in the industry awhile promoting supps and natural bb.
ethier way its his life.

Can you give a few examples? I don't see him do this and he answers people's emails and questions very often. If he does this, I must have missed it completely. He helps people out for free more than anyone in the industry. He puts people on blast who are ignorant and are willfully deceptive. Layne has no problem teaching and answering legitimate questions. If he in fact acts that way, it's news to me.

For instance, one example:

A few weeks ago Layne had posted something on his facebook about IIFYM, basically stating if someone doesn't believe in IIFYM, you should run from them because they are a guru. (Which I disagree with by the way)...

Anyways, I saw someone comment under it talking about the difference in the bodies hormonal response between a high GI and low GI carb and how they didn't understand from a body composition standpoint how IIFYM made sense (basically that eating shitty carbs all day would promote more fatty acid synthesis than eating carbs like brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes). The person went into a lot of specifics about glycogenesis, the citric acid cycle, and fatty acid synthesis and how those are regulated. And then at the end asked Layne, "I know I'm not an expert, but it just doesn't make sense to me based on these things. Could you explain in more detail how this works in our body?"

To which Layne simply responded, "Well folks, the guru forecast is 100% today!!!!!" This comment was followed by the 3 or 4 guys, who wish they could be Layne, truly believe everything Layne says is the end-all, and "regulate" every thread Layne starts on facebook or instagram, laying into this poor guy who simply wanted to learn something. No one, including Layne ever offered to give a good scientific reasoning.

It just turns me off seeing that nonsense. The guy put some serious thought into what he was saying, to simply get blasted. No need for that crap IMO. I quit following Layne on FB and IG that day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear