over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Levrone talks about “pumping” vs heavy

Lots of pros have talked about lifting "heavy but for high reps". Like what is that supposed to mean lol. If you do many reps it isn't heavy, at least not to me.

Then you have the common idea that "heavy" means sloppy execution. Lots of different definitions for the word heavy lol.
Heavy is relative. I stick with Db movements with 3second negatives until hit 20reps then I increase the weight. Idk know about you but to me 125 db press for 20reps is pretty brutal and heavy. I always hit failure then add an intensifier. Heavy isn’t always 1-6 reps. In fact I grow better with the higher rep ranges.

^^^^
Yes exactly the kind of stuff I’m talking about
It’s still intense as all hell
it’s about taking those sets DEEP...u have to get very uncomfortable then stay there for as long as u can
Short rest, repeat...

Heavy is relative. I stick with Db movements with 3second negatives until hit 20reps then I increase the weight. Idk know about you but to me 125 db press for 20reps is pretty brutal and heavy. I always hit failure then add an intensifier. Heavy isn’t always 1-6 reps. In fact I grow better with the higher rep ranges.

Brutal maybe but heavy ought to have some agreed upon definition, otherwise how do answer a question like "do you train heavy?"
You could do 100 rep leg presses with many hundred pounds but it's light if you can do a 100 reps. But sure, many equate heavy with "hard". Then again, who says they don't train hard lol. Some equate sweating or breating heavy with hard. Like that Guy Cisternino lol.

Is 'heavy' a weight and reps range or is it effort? The latter obviously unable to be quantified. One guy doing sets of 6-8, 'heavy', but how hard is he training? What's left in the tank? What does 'heavy' imply, one or two reps left? None? All out balls to the wall, beyond failure? Useless terminology, I agree. Anyway lol...

I did want to add this. The genetic mutant from his very own galaxy STILL had to bust his ass to be the best. You'll never hear anyone say Ronnie was eating shitty or training like a pussy. Day in, day out, that dude lived the life of a hardcore bodybuilder every single minute. Even as gifted as he was, he was known for being very disciplined and sticking to the plan 100% Genetics mean a lot, obviously, but consistency is the factor that separates the wheat from the chaff

Brutal maybe but heavy ought to have some agreed upon definition, otherwise how do answer a question like "do you train heavy?"
You could do 100 rep leg presses with many hundred pounds but it's light if you can do a 100 reps. But sure, many equate heavy with "hard". Then again, who says they don't train hard lol. Some equate sweating or breating heavy with hard. Like that Guy Cisternino lol.

Heavy is relative to the rep range. Most people also fall into a certain rep range for bodybuilding. There is a place for very high reps but obviously for 99% of guys we are using about 4-20 reps. So it's heavy if you press 5pps for 4 reps or 4pps for 15 reps as an example. All this stuff works and guys overcomplicate things but I think it's safe to generalize that most perform 4-20 or to be more specific 8-12 reps for the majority of movements on their working sets. Many like 1-3 reps but most would agree for bodybuilding it's better to do more but everything has a place. If someone goes and squat 5pps for 20 reps I think you can agree that is "heavy". Just the same as a guy doing 7pps for 4 reps.

If someone goes and squat 5pps for 20 reps I think you can agree that is "heavy".

I would call it STRONG, but light for him lol.
Yeah, that's another definition for "heavy", when someone shifts abnormal loads.

I would call it STRONG, but light for him lol.
Yeah, that's another definition for "heavy", when someone shifts abnormal loads.

I understand your thought process because heavy is all about weight so anything you can rep for 15 reps isn't hard to lift up but I will always compare it to the rep range. You are comparing "heavy" to their one rep max. I will always look at things from a bodybuilding perspective and not powerlifting. So anything that a person at 100% effort who goes to complete failure and reps 8-15 reps it's "heavy" to them. Now it doesn't mean it's "strong" as you state because they could be failing at 12 reps with 1.5pps on chest press. When I see a guy 1 rep 5pps on bench I think that's heavy and he is strong but I feel the exact same about someone repping 3.5pps for 15 reps.

Yeah, it is hard to exactly quantify what is exactly heavy, so I clarify to the gym that I am training heavy by screaming on every rep.

Ronnie said it was real easy.
I figured out what everyone else was doing and I did more.
I think he meant more everything.
More weight, more reps, more food, more intensity

Ronnie said it was real easy.
I figured out what everyone else was doing and I did more.
I think he meant more everything.
More weight, more reps, more food, more intensity
He definitely had the classics meat head mentality

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws