over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting belts ?

Larry Bowie

Registered
well since i freaked out my back week, i decided it was time to start using lifting belts again. help support my back and keep my guts in place... always need help with that :eek:

here's my question: i just got a size "M" 2004 Schiek contoured belt. 4.25'' belt. fits ok. i have a 36'' waist so its right on the border of being a M or L size.

they also make a 2006 belt which is the same thing, but is 6''.

have you guys used belts of similar sizes? how did they feel, was there a difference between them?

the 2004 feels good around my hips (doesnt pinch) and feels like it provides moderate support on my lower back but doesnt cover all my guts... i get some spillage over the top if i let them loose...

i was wondering if the 6'' would be better, or could that pinch my hips ??

thoughts, questions, comments ???

Umm, I don't know. I use to use JT's belt all the time and use to get bruises on my ribs because if it. When I transferred to the university he felt bad for me and bought me my own belt because I didn't have one. He HATED it when it came in because he thought it was too small and pathetic looking. It didn't even fit around his leg, he was furious and wanted to send it back. I told him to wait until I got home to look at it. I love it, it was perfect! It was from Cardillo and was contoured in the front and fit perfectly. I guess he forgot that his leg was bigger than my waist. :rolleyes: So I guess if your not long waisted then the one you got might work better. You could always order it and send it back if it was too wide for your torso. :)

I barely had a 36in waist I bought the Large and it was fine till I got under 13%bf. I had to add 3/8in thick pad along the whole backside and I duct taped it inplace. Not pretty but it gets the job done and nobody is going to take my belt. At a 36 I would get the Medium.
The one I have is 6in thick in the rear and the contours make it fit alot beter than traditional belts for me.

dukebrown said:
I barely had a 36in waist I bought the Large and it was fine till I got under 13%bf. I had to add 3/8in thick pad along the whole backside and I duct taped it inplace. Not pretty but it gets the job done and nobody is going to take my belt. At a 36 I would get the Medium.
The one I have is 6in thick in the rear and the contours make it fit alot beter than traditional belts for me.

we could be right around the same size... i measure in a few spots and i was 35 and 36. does the 6 incher jab you in the ribs at all?

lynx said:
It didn't even fit around his leg, he was furious and wanted to send it back.

i checked with the company. they dont carry size "ogre" :)

Larry Bowie said:
i checked with the company. they dont carry size "ogre" :)

LMAO! ...wait until he reads that! :D

I hope you folks are moving some serious weight around when you are wearing them.
you should try to not use a belt as much as possible.
I treat a belt as I would a lifting suit. doing it any other way just creates problems as a lot of the minor muscles in your core are missing out on the workout as well.
Using a belt all the time is one of the biggest causes of back injuries by weightlifters.

Just one fact, I prefer double prong to single prong anytime. I bought my belt 10 years ago and it is still in great shape cuz I don't wear it all the time, just wish I could remember wear I got it....I know the company advertised in Powerlifting USA.
6" all the way around, no spillage, but I am 6' tall so I don't get the pinch either.

alan1973 said:
I hope you folks are moving some serious weight around when you are wearing them.
you should try to not use a belt as much as possible.
I treat a belt as I would a lifting suit. doing it any other way just creates problems as a lot of the minor muscles in your core are missing out on the workout as well.
Using a belt all the time is one of the biggest causes of back injuries by weightlifters.

Just one fact, I prefer double prong to single prong anytime. I bought my belt 10 years ago and it is still in great shape cuz I don't wear it all the time, just wish I could remember wear I got it....I know the company advertised in Powerlifting USA.
6" all the way around, no spillage, but I am 6' tall so I don't get the pinch either.

This is the same kind of belt I have. I just wear mine on heavy squats and stiff legged deads. I'd use it on heavy deadlift too, but I don't do deads. I've always had a strong lower back and core muscles, but I played a lot of competitive tennis and built these up with my big serves. ha.

My bad, my belt is about 4" all around.
and thick as hell.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member