over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Louie Simmons died.

He mentioned in the documentary that he had no plans to “pass down” westside BB and that when he died, it died. Interested to see if that end up being the case.

RIP.

Wow, really? I always assumed Westside would be his legacy, I'm surprised he'd want it to end. Just no primary trainer he trusts enough to continue the tradition? That would be a shame, I'd love WSBB to still be a bit name when I'm a proper old man.
Westside is a scientific method, but more importantly it’s a mentality.
That’s what Louie speaks to when he said that Westside will die with him.

Sadly, I believe that he’s correct. The Westside culture and mentality won’t survive without Louie.

Sadly, I believe that he’s correct. The Westside culture and mentality won’t survive without Louie.
Yeah, you're probably right. I don't think anyone can fill his shoes. I wish I could have trained there and met him at least once.

Did he have a son?

He’ll definitely be missed when he first started writing articles I called his number his wife answered and said he was working out she took my name and number . At 10:00 at night my phone rang and it was Louie we talked for over a hour about training , he was in Ohio and me Jersey all on his bill I offered to call him back and he said no . It was a awesome conversation

I was genuinely saddened by this. I never took much inspiration from WSB, but I've heard and listened to him many times and he came across as nothing but incredibly passionate, a no bullshit iron intellectual. Loved his interview on Rogan. RIP, a huge loss for the community...truly one of the old school legends

His articles were the first ones to really wake me up to serious training and program design. Led me to his sources (Russians, Starr, etc...) and to really start understanding adaptation and application. Seriously considered a full career in S&C but only dabbled on and off for a while - still some of the highlights of my time in gyms. Huge influence. Can't be overstated. Genius in application. Spoke to him a few times. Squatted on his original belt squat a buddy has. Owned a few reverse hypers including a tilt top now (saved my back). Actually reading the Glenn Pendlay book now who we lost a while back, knew him as well. Shitty few years in the Iron game.

Honestly a lot of that was gone when Chuck V retired, the multiply fear was getting insane, and soooo many generations formed. It turned into a totally different sport. I honestly wished I lived through and had peaked in the late 80’s and 90’s which seemed to be the peak of powerlifting.
Louie’s training style influences the way I train to this day.

RIP. Very sad about this. The conjugate system has had more influence on me than any other training method. It teaches one about fear, how to approach not just maximal effort in training, but also in all of life. You're always stronger than you think you are.

He will be missed but never forgotten.

It seems he kept some
Pretty good company around him.
Those guys were bad ass. RIP
Thanks for all the tips and methods you left with regular guys like me who you never even seen or met.

On one hand what a loss, on the other, man this guy lived a hell of a life and what a legacy to leave behind!! We could all only be so lucky. I came up in sports doing a lot of band and chain work, box squats, floor presses, etc. The guy had the mind of a true scientist but was an absolute psychopath when it comes to training intensity, VERY rare breed. RIP sir. 🙏

Glad to see everybody on PM giving respect and love and personal interaction stories with the Louie.

All my lifting life has been mainly bodybuilding but ever since I found out about reverse hypers from Louie, I would always incorporate during a leg/deadlift day.

I'll say it again, legend in the game!

Honestly a lot of that was gone when Chuck V retired, the multiply fear was getting insane, and soooo many generations formed. It turned into a totally different sport. I honestly wished I lived through and had peaked in the late 80’s and 90’s which seemed to be the peak of powerlifting.
Louie’s training style influences the way I train to this day.
This is very true. Unless Dave Tate and chuck V teamed up again to run it? I think the WSB culture is done

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws