advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mass Gains... training heavy or heavy eating?

Transformer

Registered
Hi guys, heres a little post to see what some of you guys have done up and coming in your years, to put on that monster size..... As for me personally, im at a stage of my bodybuilding career, just packing on that initial size. im 240lbs (off season) right now, my goal is to hit 280+(off season) before my next show, i will big and round, but i guess we all need to do that once to get that size on us....My goal for my next blast is to try and get strong as fuck, my diet/supps are all on point, i have a great coach, so this thread is just open to others sharing their experiences.

Im just curious at some at some of the experiences we have across the board, when it comes to strength is that the key factor in growing when you growing? coming up? i mean, from what i can see around me, the KEY factor is HIGH FOOD and ANABOLICS.... i know super strong naturals out their, who are fucking tiny..... also, i have a friend who was naturally super strong, his physique was good, but when he started taking gear and eating MORE FOOD, he started to blow up, his strength hasn't increased......
I also know of another guy from where im from, hes got an amazing body, hes strong as fuck too..... but he hasn't grown much in the past TEN YEARS!!!
he looks great, takes a lot of gear.... but he hasn't grown, and the only thing he DOESNT DO is EAT A TON OF FOOD.....
Has anyone tried DC TRAINING WITHOUT THE FOOD? i bet you wouldnt grow?
Im thinking HIGH FOOD, HIGH INTENSITY, HIGH GEAR, training focussing on form and the muscle is what makes you grow.... a lot of the middle eastern guys are huge, and their known for doing a ton of reps and low weights, but training with perfect from.....

I want to know your guys experiences, results.... I know which way im going for my next blast ( strength ) but im wanting to see different experiences....

Thanks Guys...:eek:

Well..... I don't compete. But in the winter I train for strength and eat like crazy.
Not very clean either. Buffets at least 3 times a week. I gain 20 or 30lbs and with close to a gram wk of deca and 750 test and 50 d-bol my strength blows up quite nicely.

I do look like a bloated meat head though. But at age 46 only training for 14 months I hit a 425 bench and just missed 440. Cutting down is not too bad.

IM in week 6 of getting my summer look on and am starting to see abs and veins and am down 23lbs. For me its the best way to grow....... and grow fast.

So what if you get fat for a while. Anyone that knows what they are doing can cut it pretty quick without losing much muscle at all.

Honestly, if your main goal is bodybuilding, you don't need to be the strongest guy in the gym.

Heavy training FOR ME, has led to way more injuries and I can still grow with LOTS OF FOOD + VOLUME & INTENSITY....to me there is no use in going in and trying to squat 600 for reps if the likelihood of you getting injured is high.

I'd rather drop it to 400-450 and rep rep rep...short rest period...hit it again.

High food + gear + training stimulus (intensity/volume/weight?)

Hey transformer I've talked w/ you before

I think training is individual as far as rep range for muscle fiber types , and volume ( however should never bee exactly the same)

I like to use basic stuff typical back workout
Bb rows 3-4x. 6-8. ( alt rev and regular)
Shrugs 4x. 6-8 ( alt db and bb )
Deadlifts 3x. 5. (Floor, block , rack )
Cable or db row 3-4x 6-8 ( alt )
Wide or close pd. 3-4 x. 6-8 (alt)

Then after 4 weeks I will go up in reps from 8-10 or 10-12 then back to 6-8 as much rest as needed 1-2 minutes 30 sec calves and bis

I like deca tren and adrol offseason If I gain 8-10lbs I'm happy because I know that's staying on me I've gained 10 lbs on less gear on just test and mast and it all disappeared. I definitely watch the scale but the compounds I'm using are more important.

Food wise I like more fat and bigger meals
Typical day is 420/550/100- 120

Meals are. 70/105/15-30

Heavy juicing with ENOUGH eating

I believe it's a combination of both. Moving heavy weight consistently over a period of time, while pounding the food on gear.

I find that training with maximum intensity and steady progressin while keeping a steady supply of nutrients to let the bidy heal and grow as fast as it can.

Forcing the body to adapt to increased weight or reps while supplying it with the nutrients and hormones it needs to adapt , finding the balance is the trick

Training extremely heavy(1-5 reps) all the time is the fastest way to destroy your joints. Training at a higher rep range most of the time(8-20) but progressing weight wise is key plus eating the right foods and right amount.

I think the worse thing we could do is get stuck traing and eating the same way all year round year after year. For the most part Eating bigg and training heavy is what works for me, but during the short summers here in Oregon I like to lighten things up for 2 or 3 months at 5'10 I have been as heavy as 270 in the winter going down to 230 in the summers. its a strange thing I get fed up with being big and bulky but then I get unhappy with being lighter/leaner but I guess it all works out because I believe in cycling everything training, diet and supplements
Right or wrong just my 2cnts

very good broad answer guys.. im glad this thread is being discussed, im not trying to say their is a right or wrong way, just being open minded and letting people share their experiences....
The most common factor, with big guys, is they take gear and they EAT a lot of food....
you can always get stronger, even without a ton of food.. just look at LAYNE NORTON.... but fuck, the guy hasn't grown for the past decade lol.... but im thinking if he ate a ton, even being a natty ( like he says ) he would be bigger? or if didn't even push the food, but took the gear he would be bigger....
I think when your eating hard and gearing adequately, your going to get strong anyhow.... I think having a look book, is not just about beating a weight, but it mentally makes you push up the intensity...
I think a lot of guys, just train a certain way based on what they like, some like lifting heavy and some like training less heavy but tons of reps.. some do both lol, but none of these guys eat low cals, they all push high calories...

All ive noticed, is that ive seen guys in my area, bench,deadlift,row,squat heavy weights with form and on gear... but they're still small. because not a lot of guys like to actually eat a ton of food, if u got the same guy, benching the same weight but eating a LOT more, my 2 cents is he would be a lot bigger...........

however having said this, im going to actually do a log book and beat weights my next blast, and incorporate a ton of food along with gear (not a ton just my usual of test n deca) and see how i go and compare to the rest of my blasts.....

i gained right at 100lb in approx 2 years... what worked for me,was very heavy lifting,reps no more than 8 usually around 6. i ate as much food as i could stomach only when i was hungry and my doseages were really pretty tame. now that being said,i was 12-13 years younger than i am now. i think if i tried that now.......id be in for serious injury very quickly. even though my way of doing it isnt popluar...i fully expect to put on fat when bulking. this is just the way i did it

In my opinion if your a hard gainer your gonna have to eat a ton of food, you can take all the gear in the world and you can reach a stand still, but if you add a ton of good food in there you'll grow. Eating a lot is hard, especially the older you get

This is something that gets me to, im going to just be honest here, im fucking weak compared to other bodybuilders i see. However i have gone beyond almost all of my friends who use more aas and are far stronger than me , our difference i eat like a fucking pig, i think im the only guy in our area walking around with over 20inch arms , ive never gone over 100lb barbell curls, when i was 17 i started bodybuilding my arms were 10.5inches i weighed 120lbs at 5f10, i know am the same height and i weigh 255-260. i read everything DC wrote , it gave me hope because everyone i know in reality did things the opposite which is mainly taking huge amounts of aas, the only problem is i couldnt handle trying to up my poundages , my body actually hurt in lower or higher rep range, one thing i was able to utilise though was his emphasis on eating and utilising small amounts of test plus actual real cruises of length and during that cruise fighting tooth and nail to "solidify" your gains. I have got stronger over the years of course but my strength does not correspond with a guy my size, my main thing is to train my muscles frequently and intense with a LOT of food. thats whats given me gains.

I believe intense weights to stimulate maximal contractions with every dying effort on that last 2 or 3 reps to positive failure. Then a good 3 or 4 days rest with buckets of clean food. And a good helping of juice along the way!

For me personally, its heavy eating and some volume.

When my primary focus was gaining strength, I did not grow very quickly moving heavy weight for low reps even when I was eating big.
I began growing faster once I reached a level of strength that allowed me to move relatively heavy weight for more reps and sets.
My training now is a bit of a blend, I try to gain strength on my compound lifts still (although I keep it in the 8-15 rep range, no less) for just 1 work set to near failure, then I do some volume at a lower weight with short rest periods. That's what I have found works best for me at the moment.

Regardless of my training style, big eating is a requirement to grow though. I can make some strength gains without big eating, but if I do any kind of volume without the right diet I will just run myself into the ground.
I don't do any low rep training (1-4 reps) because I just see it as an injury waiting to happen and because I train alone (no spotters).
I do believe in heavy lifting, but not at such low reps.
IMO, if a guy goes from benching 200lbs for 12 reps to 400lbs for 12 reps, he is going to have some noticeable changes in his chest and tricep development as long as he eats enough to support the growth.

For me, big eating and volume training (strength came with the big eating and moving up in the scale. Never hit less than 6 reps. Mostly 8-15 reps, short rest between sets.

1. nutrient dense food
2. time under tension
3. ideal hormone environment

My gym owner has a saying

training is the cement
food are the bricks

you need a lot of both to build a house

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member