over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Matt Jansen

He's a good coach, his paysite will be about as good as anyones.

I joined his pay site and it sucked. Quit after a month.

he also just basically stole his “famous training methodology” from Dante

I joined his pay site and it sucked. Quit after a month.

he also just basically stole his “famous training methodology” from Dante

You mean the principles Dante "stole" from Mentzer who "stole" from Arthur Jones?

You mean the principles Dante "stole" from Mentzer who "stole" from Arthur Jones?

mentzer was a way lower volume guy then Dante. 1-2 warm up sets, 1 set to failure. 2 exercises total. And 2 different workouts a week. Which then progressed. To even lower volume as mike got older doing 1 work out every 14 days

dante is totally different

He has definitely been influenced by Dante. None of what he's been writing on IG has struck me as idiotic, unlike many or most of these coaches like Nick Trigili. From what I've seen people say he's a "scammer" due to "borrowing" ideas from other coaches and influencers like Dante. Maybe. And I don't know if he offers value for the money or if he individualizes programs like a good coach should - that's another criticism of him, basic templates with little individual attention.

But if someone has internalised the basic ideas like progression in lifting I don't know why they'd need an app to get to work.

Lol, everyone copies someone in some way, there is nothing new or original to invent, just its about understand the different methods and apply them individually making the small modifications adjusted to each person.

But I don't expect people to subscribe to these websites to get information about nutrition or training, right?

Lol, everyone copies someone in some way, there is nothing new or original to invent, just its about understand the different methods and apply them individually making the small modifications adjusted to each person.

But I don't expect people to subscribe to these websites to get information about nutrition or training, right?

Exactly, everything has been done or said before.

Jones didn't want people to do any warm-up sets and preferred a slower rep cadence than the norm (two-second concentric, four-second eccentric)

Mentzer eventually wanted people training bodyparts every ten years:cool:

Textbook rest-pause is six singles with ten second breaks between each rep.

Dante's multi-rep version is his own thing.

It's nice and courteous when people give credit where credit is due. Jordan Peters mentions Dante and Scott when talking about training. Dante mentions John Parillo when he talks about stretching. I think Jansen rubs people the wrong way because of his tone of writing. He talks about things like no one has done them before and doesn't seem to give the nod of respect when it's due.

thethinker48,

Have you seen that Nick Walker kid? I have no idea what he's on, I just think he looks bloated and unhealthy and he's only 25.

Dante never “stole” anything. He has always given credit where it was due. He fully credits Arthur Jones, Mike Mentzer, Vince Gironda, the bird wing studies, etc... for where he came up with his philosophies

Dante never “stole” anything. He has always given credit where it was due. He fully credits Arthur Jones, Mike Mentzer, Vince Gironda, the bird wing studies, etc... for where he came up with his philosophies

Yeah that was my point

Do you know I dont think ive ever read a book or full article by Mentzer and I sure havent read anything by Author Jones. I just was always of the belief that there is no reason to do 3-6 sets of worksets of an exercise when 1-2 will get the job done. If someone needs 27 warmup sets to get to the work set....so be it.....but i think the magic is the varied mechanical positioning of exercises and not in multiple sets. 95% of bodybuilders who have been training for years have some sort of weak bodypart.....adding 3-6 more worksets on the same exercises that have produced that weak bodypart isnt going to do jack crap.....but putting ones self into different mechanical positions will give a much greater chance of improving a bodypart. Everyone argues about sets and volume.....christ if a guy has a weak lat spread after 8 years of lifting...its not the 2-4 MORE sets of lat pulldowns or chins that is going to change that.....maybe just maybe if he went over to the Nautilus Nitro pullover machine which he has never used before....his back might take off.

Do you know I dont think ive ever read a book or full article by Mentzer and I sure havent read anything by Author Jones. I just was always of the belief that there is no reason to do 3-6 sets of worksets of an exercise when 1-2 will get the job done. If someone needs 27 warmup sets to get to the work set....so be it.....but i think the magic is the varied mechanical positioning of exercises and not in multiple sets. 95% of bodybuilders who have been training for years have some sort of weak bodypart.....adding 3-6 more worksets on the same exercises that have produced that weak bodypart isnt going to do jack crap.....but putting ones self into different mechanical positions will give a much greater chance of improving a bodypart. Everyone argues about sets and volume.....christ if a guy has a weak lat spread after 8 years of lifting...its not the 2-4 MORE sets of lat pulldowns or chins that is going to change that.....maybe just maybe if he went over to the Nautilus Nitro pullover machine which he has never used before....his back might take off.

Oh shit you're dante trudel, jk

No no, I inferred Mentzer was one of your early inspirations and his mentor was Jones.

I'm just not a fan of someone saying he's fraudulent because his methodologies are similar to another coach.... Would you find that fair?

I never made the connection between his supp line and your writings but yeah I can see he has a little man crush on you Dante.

I'm just not a fan of someone saying he's fraudulent because his methodologies are similar to another coach.... Would you find that fair?

I find that fair yes.

Interesting read about Mike Mentzer....

FIrst of all, its pretty clear that NO ONE here have actually been a member on Matt's site haha

Matt like...once in awhile incorporates some rest-pause stuff in there. But its not his routine at all. He's actually rotated alot of stuff.
If ANYTHING right now he's taken a fair amount from Jordan Peters. And JP mentions DC as one of his influences all the time.
So now that that is put to bed.

Matt's site is ok. I like him and his athletes but other than that, no revolutionary info.
As far as informational BBing sites, JP's is hands down the best.
Matt's site is basically just reporting on his and his client's progress and WO's.
JP's is that, plus allll the deep thinking, questions, and philosophies with low volume training. Lots of good anecdotal info and drug stuff there as well. Hands down the best. He and Dr. Scott and Dante have been the most influential minds in my BBing journey.

Is anyone here on Phil's site? I had to cancel that. It was bad, almost no updates on videos. No info really. It was bad.

It blows my mind with all these pay sites popping up left and right, and I come here for FREE everyday, a place where 90% of the guys that have pay sites started, and BIG A gives it all away for nothing!

Excuse the long post as I could talk about this talk for hours but who cares. Nevertheless, this subject makes me laugh in many ways. Some guys are just trying to add to the industry and they put out good content so it's not a bad thing. Although it's almost ridiculous these days the way things are.

Matt gets a lot of hate and I can understand why but in regards to what he puts out I think it's all great information. Meaning if a bodybuilder was to follow his guildlines (I speak moreso about training) they are on a good path.

Bodybuilding is so simple and really basic in regards to what is needed. By simple I just mean if you do the basics consistently then you are 90% there and it's the consistent part why 90% aren't actually there yet. It's not because they didn't do one of Hypertrophycoaches supersets.

Everyone has taken information from 101 sources and applied it to themselves or their marketed programs. After many decades of lifting weights it's all pretty much been done. Anything new is pretty much just fluff. You have the older guys who laid the foundations and guys in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's etc added to them. I would have thought some of the first people to ever lift weights would have naturally thought I need to get stronger and that just got carried on. Most of the guy's mentioned copied an idea/principle and just added to it or changed it slightly and in manys cases it's now deemed their own. If you have the name/backing it will stick and for good reason. The likes of Costa's Big Beyond Belief stuck for awhile but doesn't get mentioned these days and that is just another example of copying and changing.

Matt puts out good content but I can understand why some feel the way they do. Didn't the guy hire multiple coaches at the same time to see their diet/training/drugs plans. It's an effective way to learn but who would do that. Then all the talk of his wife answering client emails and him mainly just focusing on his big name athletes. There is much more talk that goes on but I won't bother posting that.

These days you have 100+ people on social media all posting the same stuff. Whoever has the biggest following/name usually gets credited the most even if they were the 10th person to post about it. I am not stating that in a bad way as many guys are totally honest and post their source but it still sticks. I also don't want my post to be taken the wrong way because some of the people I really respect in the industry do the very things I post (negatively) about but they are only making a living and doing nothing bad. I refer to things like training programs and posting modified exercises. It's funny to see the ideas get passed along and which guys try and make it look like they created the movement and which ones are honest. Notwithstanding if you can make money from it and people are happy to purchase then great. I would probably do the same if I had 1 million followers. However the likes of Kai Greene (there are many) is just money grapping and it's embarassing some of the things he has done in regards to ebooks etc.

Things have become a bit of a joke. Guys liteally thinking of anything new they can post about and hopefully profit from. They literally must just sit there trying to think of a new exercise, superset/or rep ratio etc. You have a number of guys who post training stuff daily and anything new these days is most likely going to be fluff. Totally not needed but you can pick some ideas up. My training is very basic but in times of the year I will add in a superset etc to finish so I have these guys on IG. I absorb everything bodybuilding so over time you see the patterns to everything and watch an idea go from place to place. Some post great info but at the end of the day most are just posting whatever they can think of so they have their content for the day.

The supplement industry is just as bad. The amount of bodybuilders who come out with their own line stating they will be different etc and most of the time their formulas are crap. Most don't even know the basics of supps until they release their product and in some cases don't even know after they have released. The whole indutry is about name and following and very few are offering anything different. For me it's just a case of picking who you like, trust, respect and want to do well.

I couldn't tell you how good Matt's site is but I have heard mixed reviews. I would trust TOO55's opinion on that. JP's site is very good but I wouldn't bother being a member but I can't see many being better than that. They have a team putting out content so I would imagine you are not going to get better than that. JP himself is honest so that goes a massive way for me when it comes to life and definitely bodybuilding. Too many just put out complete bullshit. Phil's well I have only heard bad reviews. Joe Bennetts... is there any need to join that... he puts out vids daily. There are many guys who put out similar content but I won't bother listing them all.

This forum is free and quite frankly with this and you-tube and the various profiles on IG I don't see why anyone would need to be paying for sites. However most are very cheap so go for it and the likes of JP's is definitely worth the money.

Bodybuilding is so simple and really basic in regards to what is needed. By simple I just mean if you do the basics consistently then you are 90% there and it's the consistent part why 90% aren't actually there yet. It's not because they didn't do one of Hypertrophycoaches supersets.

Good post. I have seen a lot of similar information from different coaches lately.
For example, lots of info on exercise selection and movement mechanics seems to come from this coach Kassem dude, who probably took it from someone else lol, which other coaches then repeat. I saw where Kassem said Hypertrophyguy stole info from him lol. Oh the drama.

Examples of things I've learned:

Lat pulldowns the way most perform them hardly train the lats.

Deadlifts are not a back exercise except for the erectors. It does nothing for the traps either.

You should not force your elbows in on tricep extensions as this does not help bias the long head, only makes the exercise worse all around.

Unlike what almost everyone taught for years, you should not initiate a pulldown or chin by retracting the scapula, instead you should let it move naturally. You should also not try to keep the scapula down on laterals as that reduces stability and reduces output from the delt.

The Yates row is not a lat exercise.

And so on. But while all this is interesting and useful and valuable, we should also realize that some of the best bodybuilders in history apparently did everything "wrong", even on their outstanding bodyparts and all their advice to others is shit 😀

My thought is that it's easy to miss the forest for the trees. With good genetics you can do everything in an inefficient manner and still be successful. Conversely if you have shit genetics exercise tweaks can make everything the most effective but that doesn't mean you will do well necessarily. Genetics is everything, I mean as an example, all that knowledge Pakulski had did not make his arms good.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws