advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin improved my health. Blood work.

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I must say I'm pretty surprised how quickly metformin has improved my health. I've been on 500mg 2x per day for only about 3 weeks. Not much else has changed with diet and gear so I can give a good comparison.

HDL before metformin 33 range >39
HDL after metformin 41

LDL before 120 range 0-99
LDL after 62

Glucose before 99 range 65-99
Glucose after 95

Keep in mind my baseline glucose is 80 but 10mg mk677 brought it to 99. I've still stayed on the mk677 but the addition on metformin brought it to 95

I'm not sure if 95 is good or if I should get it down more?

I heard metformin can lower b12 and coQ10 so I just got those tested today and I will update the thread when I get those results back.

Also I've been on 3iu GH a long time and igf levels were not effected by the metformin.

I think I'm going to stay on this forever. I can never get my HDL up as we all know it's hard when on gear. It used to be in the 20's and citrus bergamot brought it to low 30's but I'm shocked how much metformin increased it and even more shocked how much it lowered my ldl. Plus I've only been on it for 3weeeks and I've heard it keeps getting better and better with time.

Last edited:
I must say I'm pretty surprised how quickly metformin has improved my health. I've been on 500mg 2x per day for only about 3 weeks. Not much else has changed with diet and gear so I can give a good comparison.

HDL after metformin 41

LDL after 62

Glucose after 95

Keep in mind my baseline glucose is 80 but 10mg mk677 brought it to 99. I've still stayed on the mk677 but the addition on metformin brought it to 95

I heard metformin can lower b12 and coQ10 so I just got those tested today and I will update the thread when I get those results back.

Also I've been on 3iu GH a long time and igf levels were not effected by the metformin.

I think I'm going to stay on this forever. I can never get my HDL up as we all know it's hard when on gear. It used to be in the 20's and citrus bergamot brought it to low 30's but I'm shocked how much metformin increased it and even more shocked how much it lowered my ldl. Plus I've only been on it for 3weeeks and I've heard it keeps getting better and better with time.

Metformin also improved my cholesterol panel and more importantly, EVERYTHING in my VAP panel improved. I never plan on coming off. I can't believe people are more concerned with their "gains" (which it own't affect btw) when it comes to deciding whether they should use metformin or not.

NMR Lipoprofile® PLUS

This test seems to be the powerhouse but that price sucks when insurance doesn't pay for it

How do you guys decide the dose to run. I have seen 500, 850, and 1000mg. How much and how often?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WOW :eek: That´s a really good improvement in such short time frame.

I better get back on it soon again!

HDL after metformin 41

LDL after 62

Glucose after 95

Have you had any issues with gas or rrhea?

my stomach goes to shit lol literally and my weights go in the gutter unless i eat more so i stopped using it

Luckily for me I have an iron stomach so I don't have problems. Although we are going to the fair today so after some deep fried kool aid and a Krispy Kreme triple cheeseburger I'll probably need some tums :)

Luckily for me I have an iron stomach so I don't have problems. Although we are going to the fair today so after some deep fried kool aid and a Krispy Kreme triple cheeseburger I'll probably need some tums :)

And then you wonder why you have health issues. Lol sounds like Good news since I too had low hdl. In my last test

And then you wonder why you have health issues. Lol sounds like Good news since I too had low hdl. In my last test

Lol what's really weird is even off metformin when I had a TERRIBLE diet with low HDL high total cholesterol and high LDL I've still always had perfect triglycerides. I could never figure that out.

Glad to see you benefiting from metformin. I recommend this for all of my close friends and family. Have my girlfriend on it as well, and encouraging her to simply stay on it for the long run.

Metformin,etc

Just a quite note and hi all,I'm a new sponsor and you might want to contact me with questions-check out my links...

Anyway.....
1. HDL-good!
2.LDL-you don't know. No one knows their real LDL profile without and NMR profile because only the small dense LDL particles,when OXIDIZED will stick to the coronaries.
3. TO avoid glycation (see my article for more of an explanation of all of this) you want a fasting BS to be 85 ng/DL or lower
4. To anyone who thinks that the metformin will screw up their physique,having a high blood sugar for one thing will cause all cells to stiffen including skin and muscle so you actually have an anti-esthetic effect allowing a high blood sugar. Not to mention the health issues with coronary placquing.

Night!
Dr.Kim

Have you had any issues with gas or rrhea

I use the "extended release" version, and never had stomach/digestive issues from it. Most need to slowly increase the dosage of the "original/immediate release" version, to minimize GI stress.

I use the "extended release" version, and never had stomach/digestive issues from it. Most need to slowly increase the dosage of the "original/immediate release" version, to minimize GI stress.

I do. And I am taking one a day until I get used to it. Some is better then none by my reasoning.

Just a quite note and hi all,I'm a new sponsor and you might want to contact me with questions-check out my links...

Anyway.....
1. HDL-good!
2.LDL-you don't know. No one knows their real LDL profile without and NMR profile because only the small dense LDL particles,when OXIDIZED will stick to the coronaries.
3. TO avoid glycation (see my article for more of an explanation of all of this) you want a fasting BS to be 85 ng/DL or lower
4. To anyone who thinks that the metformin will screw up their physique,having a high blood sugar for one thing will cause all cells to stiffen including skin and muscle so you actually have an anti-esthetic effect allowing a high blood sugar. Not to mention the health issues with coronary placquing.

Night!
Dr.Kim
I'm starting on 500mg metformin tomorrow and working up to twice daily.

I just jumped on at 500mg am and pm and no real problems at all other than I have noticed I'm getting leaner with no diet changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding anti aging drug and help with hair loss

I use 500 mg twice a day and have never felt better at 52. I've always had a bad addiction to carbohydrates and diabetes runs in my family so I thought I'd throw it in and of never been happier. Definitely helps with insulin sensitivity as I've been on HGH for eight years. Also helps with hair loss as recent evidence suggests that inflammation from stress and metabolic syndrome from excessive carbohydrates and sugar are one of the factors that aggravate male pattern baldness. apparently it's more than just DHT

i asked my doctor for it, and he wouldn't prescribe it for me since i don't have glucose issues.. i'll have to get it elsewhere.

are doctors scrutinized for prescribing it for health and longevity? it would be nice to get a script for it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear