over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Matarazzo RIP

My Discussion with Mike and Nasser....

I'm 31 years old...no longer compete but use ped's and walk around 5'7" 250 pounds ~10 bf. I was a little reckless when I was younger I was NATURAL and had a cholesterol reading of 425 when I was 20. I was eating 3 pints of ice cream a day, 2 pounds of meat, and sticks of butter to gain weight...I did this because I idolized Mike M and Nasser and read they did some crazy things like that. I WAS NATURAL THEN.

It all changed when I met up with Nasser at the Arnold Expo (the last year he was there for flex mag...he was retired but still worked the booth..I think '05). He told me that's all f*cking bullshit. He talked to me about eating well and keeping that #1. He had some intestinal issues he thought were due to how he ate and gave me some great advice.

I then (totally by coincidence not in a bodybuilding setting) ran into Mike Matarazzo around '06 or so. He told him how I ate and I felt like an idiot because he looked at me so dissapointed (even though he didn't know me). He told me when you abuse your body with food and then add massive drugs it is a recipe for complete disaster. I knew all this I work in the medical field but after discussing it with him it really changed me. Since then I have done a few things...

First off I just got my quarterly blood work done and HDL was 60, liver and kidney values good, and cbc all came back great! Fasting blood glucose was also 80.

Here is what I do...and I think Mike would want me to share this in his memory...maybe others will learn....

1. If you are always on get bloodwork done quarterly. Take action if something is wrong!

2. Just get off the farking orals...seriously...just stop...you'll see your health improve. Outside of anavar or very small doses they wreck your lipid profile.

3. Cruise or be off at least 12 weeks a year...minimum. Keep that cruise to 200-250mgs MAX. Also drop the damn dose...don't pump more than a gram total a week (yes I know that isn't a lot for many).

4. Focus on your daily nutrition like it's as important as getting huge. I used Mike's advice and this is what I do everyday (well give or take swapping out some similar types of foods):

Pre Morning Meal:
2 servings green powder drink
2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar

Meal 1:
1 carton eggwhites (16 egg whites)
2 slices ezekial bread
1 serving coconut oil
100grams blueberries
1 green apple

Meal 2:
3 cups kale
8 ounces chicken or turkey
2 servings olive oil
3 sticks of celery
1/2 an onion
1/2 tomato

Meal 3:
2 servings protein powder
2 tablespoons natural pb
1 green apple
2 servings oats

Meal 4:
8 ounces lean meat
asparagus or broccoli
2 servings cottage cheese
1 serving olive oil

Meal 5:
1 servings oats
1.5 servings protein powder
1 servings mac nut oil
1 green apple
100 grams blueberries

Pre bed:
2 scoops green powder drink
2 fully squeezed lemons

5: Do your damn cardio. I do at least 120 minutes of moderate/high intensity a week minimum

6. Supplement...I take:
Green powder drinks
fish oil
BSL's cycle support supplement or IML's (I like both of these)
Vitamin K2
circumin

7. Minimize or STOP slin use...blood sugar may be the #1 indicator of overall health and many bbers have disastrous blood glucose levels.

8. NO DIURETICS...ever...just top with them. Yes you can do them safely...maybe...probably...but how many people do? If Meadows can look like that without them you don't need them either.

9. Stop with the ice cream and red meat diets. Neither of those are the devil in and of themselves but too many guys are just eating terrible diets. Mike even worded it "bodybuilders are the only people who gorge on food and are malnourished".

10. Back to #1...don't just get bloodwork done. Find a good doctor and work with them. Interact, consult, be proactive.

Anyway...I'll post a little picture so you can see later I'm not just some fat slob making shit up. Although, I'm hoping you can look at the time and effort I put into this and I'm hoping you can feel the sincerity. I met Mike once and it changed my life. I'm healthy as a horse now. My bloodwork "on" most of the year is better than it has ever been.

Last edited:
RIP MIKE, a tragedy no doubt and thank you Flex, i am sure Mike would want people to learn about how important it is to keep on top of health period.

I feel the typical bodybuilding diet mixed with large cocktails of steroids is going to increase any health issues a person has, this isn't a shocking revelation, anyone who thinks pounding down meat, force feeding yourself and then sticking needles full of exogenous hormones into the body is healthy is deluded. However this is bodybuilding and what we can do is look at reducing and even eliminating health risks with

A. Diet B. Using compounds which elicit the least health stresses for YOUR body. c. routine monitoring of blood pressure, blood work and health.

I rarely see bodybuilding diets which consist of lots of fiber, fruit , veg and healthy fats. Since i introduced all 3 , my blood work and blood pressure has been stellar. Adding regular cardio every single day for no less than 30 mins up to 75 mins year round has dramatically helped alongside the dietary changes.

I want to share that my WORST blood work came back when i was pounding food and using a low dose of test , under 150mg for months. My HCT was 59 , hemoglobin was 19 , blood pressure was high , resting heart rate high and my cholestoral was shit.

Upon changing my diet drastically to include veg and fruit at every single sitting alongside nuts and health fats, my blood work is now solid with hct on cycles over 1g at 46 and hemo at 14, cholestoral hdl is always near 1 which in the uk i think is like high 40s for usa, blood pressure is great , resting heart rate low. I never stay on now for longer than 8 weeks and when i cruise i use 150mg test e a week or 20mg prop a day.

I hope people read DC's supplemental advise , lets not pretend here, we all use AAS and most of us are slowly upping the dose which ever way you cut it, the best thing to do is really make it an utmost priority to eliminate and reduce all possible health risks.

Supplements i would highly advise

Turmeric , nattokinase, serrapeptase, reversatol, ubiquonal, ginger, garlic, gingko bilboa, arginine, citruline malatate , green tea extract.

I think people really underestimate diets affects on people, i personally am witnessing MANY friends around me with heart issues that do NOT bodybuild or even exercise,they are't FAT either, just really bad diets full of refined sugars, transient fats and high stress jobs. Most of these guys are aged between 40-55, infact just one the other day 38 started having hard palpitations and now has found it his artery is badly clogged, it was a HORRIBLE conversation to have with a friend scared with two young daughters and a lovely wife, who is an average guy trying to make a living just eating microwave meals.

On the flip side, i know a chap whos family is PLAGUED with heart disease parents, relatives all have suffered heart disease from ages 30 - 60. This chap is a decently heavy AAS user, with many years of use under his belt. HOWEVER, his entire day from start to finish revolves around heart health, every single meal is full of loads of veg/ fruit, he must take in easily double the amount of fibre recommended, he does between 90-120 cardio a day. he is now nearing 40 and is the only one in his immediate family to not have any heart disease, his doctor has said from SCANS etc his heart and artery are in fantastic shape.

I want to end this by saying I am in NO WAY saying AAS is not introducing a HUGE risk to your health, you 100% will be healthier without it UNLESS you need TRT. However, most of us are not going all of a sudden stop using, so lets tie the camel here, just because you use doesn't mean you should accept doom, really make it a habit to get the most of out using as minimum as you can, avoid AAS that effects any health markers on your blood work or gives you bad side effects and above all make it a passion to really do everthing you can to keep that heart healthy....most of the times you see a bodybuilder die, it will more than likely always be heart related, calcified arteries and enlarged hearts are a recipe for disaster.

My Discussion with Mike and Nasser....

I'm 31 years old...no longer compete but use ped's and walk around 5'7" 250 pounds ~10 bf. I was a little reckless when I was younger I was NATURAL and had a cholesterol reading of 425 when I was 20. I was eating 3 pints of ice cream a day, 2 pounds of meat, and sticks of butter to gain weight...I did this because I idolized Mike M and Nasser and read they did some crazy things like that. I WAS NATURAL THEN.

It all changed when I met up with Nasser at the Arnold Expo (the last year he was there for flex mag...he was retired but still worked the booth..I think '05). He told me that's all f*cking bullshit. He talked to me about eating well and keeping that #1. He had some intestinal issues he thought were due to how he ate and gave me some great advice.

I then (totally by coincidence not in a bodybuilding setting) ran into Mike Matarazzo around '06 or so. He told him how I ate and I felt like an idiot because he looked at me so dissapointed (even though he didn't know me). He told me when you abuse your body with food and then add massive drugs it is a recipe for complete disaster. I knew all this I work in the medical field but after discussing it with him it really changed me. Since then I have done a few things...

First off I just got my quarterly blood work done and HDL was 60, liver and kidney values good, and cbc all came back great! Fasting blood glucose was also 80.

Here is what I do...and I think Mike would want me to share this in his memory...maybe others will learn....

1. If you are always on get bloodwork done quarterly. Take action if something is wrong!

2. Just get off the farking orals...seriously...just stop...you'll see your health improve. Outside of anavar or very small doses they wreck your lipid profile.

3. Cruise or be off at least 12 weeks a year...minimum. Keep that cruise to 200-250mgs MAX. Also drop the damn dose...don't pump more than a gram total a week (yes I know that isn't a lot for many).

4. Focus on your daily nutrition like it's as important as getting huge. I used Mike's advice and this is what I do everyday (well give or take swapping out some similar types of foods):

Pre Morning Meal:
2 servings green powder drink
2 freshly squeezed lemon juice

Meal 1:
1 carton eggwhites (16 egg whites)
2 slices ezekial bread
1 serving coconut oil
100grams blueberries
1 green apple

Meal 2:
3 cups kale
8 ounces chicken or turkey
2 servings olive oil
3 sticks of celery
1/2 an onion
1/2 tomato

Meal 3:
2 servings protein powder
2 tablespoons natural pb
1 green apple
2 servings oats

Meal 4:
8 ounces lean meat
asparagus or broccoli
2 servings cottage cheese
1 serving olive oil

Meal 5:
1 servings oats
1.5 servings protein powder
1 servings mac nut oil
1 green apple
100 grams blueberries

Pre bed:
2 scoops green powder drink
2 fully squeezed lemons

5: Do your damn cardio. I do at least 120 minutes of moderate/high intensity a week minimum

6. Supplement...I take:
Green powder drinks
fish oil
BSL's cycle support supplement or IML's (I like both of these)
Vitamin K2
circumin

7. Minimize or STOP slin use...blood sugar may be the #1 indicator of overall health and many bbers have disastrous blood glucose levels.

8. NO DIURETICS...ever...just top with them. Yes you can do them safely...maybe...probably...but how many people do? If Meadows can look like that without them you don't need them either.

9. Stop with the ice cream and red meat diets. Neither of those are the devil in and of themselves but too many guys are just eating terrible diets. Mike even worded it "bodybuilders are the only people who gorge on food and are malnourished".

10. Back to #1...don't just get bloodwork done. Find a good doctor and work with them. Interact, consult, be proactive.

Anyway...I'll post a little picture so you can see later I'm not just some fat slob making shit up. Although, I'm hoping you can look at the time and effort I put into this and I'm hoping you can feel the sincerity. I met Mike once and it changed my life. I'm healthy as a horse now. My bloodwork "on" most of the year is better than it has ever been.

:headbang: we'll said flex500

I don't understand these guys looking for justification.. Steroids do kill.. you have to be a dumbass to think they don't and wont.. the basic principles alone of heart enlargement from steroids and training can cause all these complications and more.. this shit is real.. you can put your opinion in on nonsense but the fact remains someone is dead and was well aware his 10year battle of heart issues was because of steroids.. don't be a fool

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2
Gear does not kill, abuse and irresponsible use will lead to complications. I am sure it contributed to his problems but not the only cause. I am not looking for justification but blaming gear is ignorant.

Hate to see this.

Heart failure is not fun. I have never had cholesterol issues, no blocked arteries, yet had the hugely enlarged heart and 20% . Tren, Test, and GH with no regular blood pressure monitoring. The doctor recently told me "When I first saw you I did not think you would make it", and in the same conversation said "I did not have much hope for you".

Important: As far as I know, CBC blood panels will not reveal heart failure or early heart failure. The markers they look for are the hearts reaction to severe stress like from a heart attack. Better to monitor blood pressure, resting heart rate, daily. You can certainly get an echocardiogram for a current baseline. This is the current gold standard.

I am five years in. Fifty percent of heart failure patients pass in the first five years and fifty percent of those in the next five seems to be the "accepted" life spans. These statistics are not normalized for starting age as many data points are the elderly.

I did not start improving until I started heavy Ubiquinol. I take 600 mg a day. I also added Cucurmin but this was only in the last year.

Heavy alcohol use can certainly excaberate or even cause heart failure. This is not just daily use, but heavy use when one does drink.

Combine this with Apnea and you have a recipe for trouble.

Monitor your blood pressure daily. Monitor your resting heart rate. These can easily become a habit just like training.

It's not real until it happens to you. It happened to me. Unfortunately, I think Dante summed it up rather succinctly but that doesn't mean we still should not try to inform and educate.

Speaking of education: What other supplements should one with heart failure or wishing to prevent it consider?

PWood

RIP Mike...he was a great guy in my experience. Meet him LONG ago.

And as others have indicated, everything is a contributing factor to so many untimely deaths... from recs, poor diets, etc to yes of COURSE taking boatloads of anabolics will cause harm. Everyone should be cautious of their diet and do blood work... To me (now) moderation is key but I know many that compete that's not an option. Be smart about what you do...but ANYTHING in excess can cause harm...

In my personal opinion and to each their own.

Injecting GRAMS 2-4000grams of aas will cause some long term damage for shure unless your genetically gifted.

Eating so much fucking food your body isnt built for is a huge one also.

And these guys weigh so much the body must work so fucking hard and so much stress on the heart.

These three alone are deadly, imagine together.

I think at 47 years old and YEARS YEARS OF ABUSE FOOD SO MUCH WEIGH.

Im SURPRISED people are not dropping dead after 15years but the human body can take so much damage!

In my opinion its everything its the PRO bodybuilding lifestyle thats killing these guys just because so many deadly factors gh aas diuretics insulin etc.

Gear does not kill, abuse and irresponsible use will lead to complications. I am sure it contributed to his problems but not the only cause. I am not looking for justification but blaming gear is ignorant.

Really? Did you ever read the packet insert on testosterone warning of blood clots? Get a blood clot and you might not be around to be ignorant. I am surprised when some don't take a blood thinner or aspirin when on gear.

Pay attention to DC posts, he is right about taking supplements to help prevent health problems.

Last edited:
Really? Did you ever read the packet insert on testosterone warning of blood clots? Get a blood clot and you might not be around to be ignorant. I am surprised when some don't take a blood thinner or aspirin when on gear.

Pay attention to DC posts, he is right about taking supplements to help prevent health problems.
Realy. I said responsible use. Don't kissing up to DC . Medications can cause a blood clot. I have been using on and off for twenty years. I get blood work ,cardio grams ,stress tests done . Soccer players, marathon runners anyone can drop dead at any moment heart attacks don't discriminate. Responsible use not abuse we could go back and forth about this . Funny as you are a rep for gear. I you against use or not,realy. Responsible use not abuse.

Realy. I said responsible use. Don't kissing up to DC . Medications can cause a blood clot. I have been using on and off for twenty years. I get blood work ,cardio grams ,stress tests done . Soccer players, marathon runners anyone can drop dead at any moment heart attacks don't discriminate. Responsible use not abuse we could go back and forth about this . Funny as you are a rep for gear. I you against use or not,realy. Responsible use not abuse.

I don't take over 200 MG of test if you must know. Currently on 100 MG. So, I guess I am somewhat responsible. As far as kissing up to DC, LOL. His post is what you are basically saying, take precautions.

I find it funny that when someone agrees with me he is kissing up to me.
If someone argues with me then he is a rebel.

I agree with Pesty on the DVT issue and I am kissing up to him

I find it funny that when someone agrees with me he is kissing up to me.
If someone argues with me then he is a rebel.

I agree with Pesty on the DVT issue and I am kissing up to him
The mk7 is something that I have been seeing for a while now since it is thought by many to be essential when supplementing vitamin d3. I wasnt aware of its arterial plaque benefits.

Don't forget red palm oil or tocotrienol products that also are shown to clear plaque from arteries.
Are there any other new things or ideas you've stumbled upon?

The mk7 is something that I have been seeing for a while now since it is thought by many to be essential when supplementing vitamin d3. I wasnt aware of its arterial plaque benefits.

Don't forget red palm oil or tocotrienol products that also are shown to clear plaque from arteries.
Are there any other new things or ideas you've stumbled upon?

I just started with red palm oil. My blood work has never been too far and always normal, but I want to always stay ahead of the curve. I was wondering like you that with the Mk-7 and D3 and red palm oil along with curcumin would one need to still take a baby aspirin while even on trt doses?

I just started with red palm oil. My blood work has never been too far and always normal, but I want to always stay ahead of the curve. I was wondering like you that with the Mk-7 and D3 and red palm oil along with curcumin would one need to still take a baby aspirin while even on trt doses?
I would. None of the things listed are really blood thinning anti-coagulants like baby aspirin.
Even on a good amount of EPA/DHA, I would take a baby aspirin.

I was going to post my view but it has been said more than once.
So i just want to pay my respects to Mike's family and friends.

RIP.

I just wanted to give my respects to Mike and his family, may he rest in peace. He was one of my favorite bodybuilders at the end of the 80's and throughout the 90's. He always had one crazy good physique, and I remember watching so many videos on ESPN with him, along with countless write-ups in the mags. He and Demayo were quite the young force coming into BB at their time. I heard of his health problems since they started many years back, and it is sad to see that he could not live past them for many year longer.

Cardio/Heart health has always been my number one concern in the whole bodybuilding lifestyle.

Rest in peace, brother!:(

I'm curious what the precise diagnosis was. So many things fall under the "heart disease" umbrella.

Wiki
He was forced to retire due to having open heart surgery on December 8, 2004 as a result of clogged arteries. At the time of his death he was residing in Modesto, California,[2] and was last reported to be working as a bail bondsman for AJ's Bail Bonds.[3] He was forced to stop working as a bail bondsman due to limitations on physical activity related to his 20% heart function.[4] On November 8, 2007, Matarazzo suffered a heart attack, his second cardiac-related problem since his surgery in December 2004.[5] On August 3rd, 2014, Matarazzo was in the intensive care unit of Stanford hospital in Palo Alto due to heart complications. The information was transmitted by his wife, Lacey Matarazzo (nee Porter), via longtime friend Mel Chancey's Facebook page, and reposted on various bodybuilding websites.[6][7] On August 17, 2014, Mel Chancey, a longtime family friend, announced via Facebook that Matarazzo had died in the ICU at Sanford hospital while awaiting a heart transplant. The information was confirmed by Peter McGough, editor at Muscular Development magazine[8][9].

From this, it sounds like he may have had advanced cardiovascular disease (blockages) at a young age from the bad diet and horrible lipid profile (AAS induced) along with Cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart) and reduced ejection fraction by the reference that his heart being only 20% functional. This is just speculation based on the Wiki.

You dont usually die suddenly from cardiovascular disease and blockages unless a massive blockage causes a stroke. And not at his age either. It sounds more like heart failure from an enlarged heart due to the AAS/GH synergy and the tissue growth along with long-term elevated BP. AAS+GH is well documented to increase heart mass more so than AAS alone. I feel like its more likely the enlarged heart (and resulting failure) is what actually did him in. Thoughts? Anyone else see a more detailed source of info for his precise diagnosis? Just saying "heart disease" really tells us nothing. He could have had an underlying genetic heart defect that was exacerbated by his use but this seems unlikely. He would have known this by now and probably disclosed it. I have zero doubt the AAS+GH+horrible diet led to this. I'm just curious what the precise diagnoses he had were.

Last edited:
none of this maters to most of you here, you will continue to do what you been doing cuz you don't think it will happen to you

none of this maters to most of you here, you will continue to do what you been doing cuz you don't think it will happen to you
It can happening to anybody. But I am sure most of us on this board and other ones are taking some precautions ,these boards are for learning and sharing . I read as much as I can and try to incorporate into my regiment ,it does not guarantee that anything will not happen to me. I am up front with my doctor and we do monthly testing, does not guarantee that I wont drop dead from a heart attack .But any one can have one.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
warsteiner70
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws