over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Matarazzo RIP

I don't know if his heart was enlarged (which gh would contribute to)...he had blocked arteries. He had severe cholesterol issues and was on Lipitor, he had an hdl of zero I heard.

Along with curcumin im starting to think that every single bodybuilder should be taking vitamin K2 (MK-7) which is virtually the only supplement Ive ever seen with scientific evidence to back it up that it dissolves and removes plaque from blood vessels.

In fact I would love it to be standard in bodybuilding that if you juice...you need to do this and this and that.....to take care of the risk factors....I would love to see that mentality take over. How many guys are it going to take to drop dead in their late 30's and 40's for this to happen. Nobody is going to stop juicing so we have to take a new angle at this stuff.

So

John Doe is juicing, and he is using GH, so without any question he must use curcumin which stops and reverses cardiomyopathy (heart enlargement), his bloodwork says that he has low hdl, high ldl, and this problem and that problem so he must take these supplements to counteract that (lets say hypothetically querecetin, coenzyme q 10, arjuna, milk thistle etc etc). Whatever it is.....im just using this for "example" sake

At one time people only used steroids and there were a host of problems with estrogen. Duchaine came up with a solution to that and then people have evolved that to what is done today with anti arom and anti E's. I would like to see a "set in stone"...YOU GOT TO DO THIS....supplement and cardio regimen for anyone who is juicing put forward by the most studious minds in bodybuilding....a program that is adopted by everyone and added too as new research comes out.....and people are ridiculed if they juice without doing it.

Im freaking tired of seeing this stuff.

And I guess im tired of seeing young guys follow people like "Mr 13000 mg a week" who destroyed his tricep last year and it has atrophied and now jokes that his infected lat is something "that happens to everyone...he is the only one that talks about it"

BELOW

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...69139474.78620.100000486896956&type=1&fref=nf

I saw that pic on facebook before. He is an embarrassment to bodybuilding. I see why guys like him (honest, open, willing to post crap pics) but that's just plain bad.

So even though its coming from the man himself, blaming anabolic steroids, HGH and other drugs, thats now not alive and dead at 48, you're still trying to think of excuses of why his abuse of anabolic steroids isn't to blame?

Correct! I would say that his precontest strategies were n prolly more harsh on a person than the aas themselves........

Brother swifto, I've been in this game as long as Mike Matarrazo, i can tell u that as a hcp for 18 years now, it's more complex than we all know

See I take it so regularly now (daily) that I forget to mention it to people but besides curcumin IP6 and some other key supplements, I feel Pomegranate Juice is about as important of a food you can take as a enhanced bodybuilder as there is.

It has been scientifically proven to reverse plaque in arteries and it also has been shown time and time again to effect the prostrate (both in BPH and prevention of cancer).

I've never run more than 800mg and even reading this stuff makes me want to re-evaluate that high.

See I take it so regularly now (daily) that I forget to mention it to people but besides curcumin IP6 and some other key supplements, I feel Pomegranate Juice is about as important of a food you can take as a enhanced bodybuilder as there is.

It has been scientifically proven to reverse plaque in arteries and it also has been shown time and time again to effect the prostrate (both in BPH and prevention of cancer).

Don`t forget the supplements for brain disorders caused by high doses of androgen.

Every morning I take

1000mgs of milk thistle
565mgs of Hawthorne berry
100mgs of CO-Q10
900mgs of saw palmetto
65mgs of iron (last blood test showed signs of anemia, iron deficiency)

I was going to add nac soon, sounds like I need to add some additional supps as well...

Correct! I would say that his precontest strategies were n prolly more harsh on a person than the aas themselves........

Brother swifto, I've been in this game as long as Mike Matarrazo, i can tell u that as a hcp for 18 years now, it's more complex than we all know

steroids, HGH, etc. cause the other things mentioned to do more damage. Rec drugs, alcoholism, red meat every day, etc. aren't nearly as bad alone as they are with PED's. the PED's enhance the effects of the other stuff. Bad diets aren't so bad on their own. Bad diet's with PED's are MUCH worse combined than alone.

What main benefits from pomegranate juice do you see for bodybuilders?

Thanks

Life Extension makes a kick ass Super K product.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

sound advice from one who knows

Along with curcumin im starting to think that every single bodybuilder should be taking vitamin K2 (MK-7) which is virtually the only supplement Ive ever seen with scientific evidence to back it up that it dissolves and removes plaque from blood vessels.

In fact I would love it to be standard in bodybuilding that if you juice...you need to do this and this and that.....to take care of the risk factors....I would love to see that mentality take over.

I would like to see a "set in stone"...'YOU GOT TO DO THIS'....supplement and cardio regimen for anyone who is juicing put forward by the most studious minds in bodybuilding....a program that is adopted by everyone and added too as new research comes out.....and people are ridiculed if others find out they juice without doing it.

Well said DC, we may not be able to eliminate the risks involved but there are definitely things we can do to help minimize them. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

And prayers for Mike and his family.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

Tom Platz on Facebook:

"Mike Matarazzo passed away today...! He went the distance! People are quick to say drugs...! ? (I do not think so) He pushed his body and mind to the limits in the name of Bodybuilding! I salute you Mike Matarazzo!

Mike Matarazzo you will be missed. Much Love... Much Respect... Tom Platz"

I wonder why Platz says this. I think Platz had a heart attack as well?

RIP.

Reporter:There are some guys who claim steroids arent dangerous, while others say using them is like playin roulette. Do you personally feel that steroids were a major factor in what happened to you?

Mike: I know it was the drugs that caused this to happen and I dont care what anyone says. All the gurus and self proclaimed steroid experts who try to down play the risks are talking out there asses. They have no idea what will happen to people. Nobody in my family EVER had heart problems it WAS the steroids I took. Anythime you put a artficial drug in your body your takin a chance. Most guys think nothing will ever happen to them just watch I bet we will be seeing more serious heart problem and worse when they get to there 40's.

This quote leaves out the fact that he never did a blood test.

I don't remember which radio show it was, maybe this one you are quoting but
he said himself, he never checked on anything.

Yes, ofcourse 10-15 years of straight abuse cause something bad but I wish
people would tell the whole story. So many of the risks could have been
minimised or even just identified if he would have just done a simple blood test...

It's such a shame because:

1. He would have lived and competed longer and
2. He wouldn't be singing this steroids killed me song as if to say steroids will kill every competitive bodybuilder.

RIP. Very sad.

Last edited:
This quote leaves out the fact that he never did a blood test.

I don't remember which radio show it was, maybe this one you are quoting but
he said himself, he never checked on anything.

Yes, ofcourse 10-15 years of straight abuse cause something bad but I wish
people would tell the whole story. So many of the risks could have been
minimised or even just identified if he would have just done a simple blood test...

It's such a shame because:

1. He would have lived and competed longer and
2. He wouldn't be singing this steroids killed me song as if to say steroids will kill every competitive bodybuilder.

RIP. Very sad.

90% of the competitors he competed with are still alive. many of them doing quite well.

Mike had 2 heart attacks one in 2004 - the open heart surgery with the clogged arteries and 2007, not sure if the 2007 was open heart again.
Somewhere it was reported that he had 20% heart function and could only work part time. Apparently the most recent trip to the hospital in early august was his last , and they told him he needed a heart transplant and he died in the ICU.

I know him personally, he wanted to share his mistakes with the younger bodybuilders.

Having dealt with cancer this year and the reality of your mortality coldly smacks you in the face, I am sure Mike was reflecting on absolutely everything he did in the past. The fragility and preciousness of life becomes crystal clear when you are critically ill. What's important and what is not important takes on a completely new perspective. You realize that what you did many, many years ago, can come back to haunt you down the road.

I'm sure he knew that he wasn't going to be here as long as he hoped and, my god, he was too young. He was taking some comfort in sharing his mistakes.

RIP

I don't understand these guys looking for justification.. Steroids do kill.. you have to be a dumbass to think they don't and wont.. the basic principles alone of heart enlargement from steroids and training can cause all these complications and more.. this shit is real.. you can put your opinion in on nonsense but the fact remains someone is dead and was well aware his 10year battle of heart issues was because of steroids.. don't be a fool

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

RIP. always the nicest guy at the booths. Eager to pose for pics and flex his calves for me. Sad for me to hear of his passing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
doth25
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins