over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike Tyson's crazy genetics

I hate to say this but didn't we all get suckered into the Kevin Levrone comeback and then he showed up with no legs.
I thought he might place better than he did, but yeah those legs were lagging behind. I don't know what it is about aging and losing the legs but it is true. Seems to happen to the best of them. First body part to go.

A closer match up would have been Tyson and Foreman both in their primes! Even when Foreman was in his early 40s and out of his prime shape Tyson reportedly would not fight him!

"On June 16, 1990, Tyson and Foreman actually did appear on the same card in a co-main event. Tyson avenged his two 1984 Olympic trial losses to Henry Tillman by knocking him out in the first round while Foreman took out top-10 contender Adilson Rodrigues with a second-round knockout. But why didn’t they fight each other that night? Apparently, Tyson wanted absolutely no part of Foreman, believing he was a lot more dangerous than people were giving him credit for.

Longtime boxing journalist Frank Lotierzo once recounted a lunch he had with Don King’s longtime matchmaker, Bobby Goodman, who told him that Mike Tyson was scared to death of George Foreman and that Foreman was a con man, putting on the old-man show so he’d always be overlooked.

George was badass too. Had that Oldman power!

George Foreman is one of the scariest boxers to ever step foot in the ring, Tyson recently admitted that in an interview. He would've gave Tyson one hell of a fight, even out of his prime (prob would've beaten him too)

It's funny because George is so humble that he's stated on multiple occasions he wanted no part of Mike in his prime

Ali, Foreman and Frazier; the rock paper scissors of the golden era of boxing

Great recent interview with Foreman, he talks about Tyson.

Great recent interview with Foreman, he talks about Tyson.

I read by George , George's biography

He had a troubled growing up, bigger than his peers he got into beating people up and stealing there belongings. Eventually in juvanile a guy influenced him to get into corps an organization , and from there he started boxing

George foreman grill is so worth it and George is definitely an inspiration

I thought he might place better than he did, but yeah those legs were lagging behind. I don't know what it is about aging and losing the legs but it is true. Seems to happen to the best of them. First body part to go.
Kevin had patella tendonitis pretty bad. Plus based on wht I saw of his training he still tried to go as heavy as possible and didn't get creative. By the time he guest posed in Baltimore his legs came up a good bit. He gave it a shot but as we get older it gets tougher and tougher. There are a few really gifted folks that can pull it off somewhat. Big George did it but he was in his 40s, started at 38, and out at 48 after losing to Shannon Briggs.

Kevin had patella tendonitis pretty bad. Plus based on wht I saw of his training he still tried to go as heavy as possible and didn't get creative. By the time he guest posed in Baltimore his legs came up a good bit. He gave it a shot but as we get older it gets tougher and tougher. There are a few really gifted folks that can pull it off somewhat. Big George did it but he was in his 40s, started at 38, and out at 48 after losing to Shannon Briggs.
I know with me personally, my knees hurt all the time now and my lower back is damaged. None of it ever seems to heal. Always some pain, just different degrees. I guess my experience at 50 years old isn't out of the ordinary.

When Levrone did his best he was using trainers who also had him do lighter weights, supersets, etc. The whole powerlifting only mentality is what jacked his comeback up.

Mike's biggest enemy was Mike himself. From 86-89 with Kevin Rooney, the footwork, the head movement, the angles from which he setup shots, everything was terminator like perfect. I'd pair up any heavyweight champion in history as a competitive fight for this Mike Tyson.

Guy had nothing growing up, came from an abusive background, and was launched into fame at a young age where snakes surrounded him. It still boggles my mind what it would be like for someone at 20 years old to be the heavyweight champ of the world (especially during a time when boxing was at it's peak).

Zero financial knowledge, or long term planning; you bleed through $300 million dollars and declare bankruptcy.
and 300 million in 80's/90's money nonetheless :(

I'm really glad Mike Tyson was a fighter. He was so exciting. You just don't see that anymore.

Thats true Brother but there's a strong flip side to that coin. Having that intensive fire when pumping iron and training hard and brutal without any care for the pain one is going through is being genetically blessed in itself, regardless of how well developed our muscles are naturally genetically defined. Sure many of us may have shitty or average physically defined genetics and feel that the juice evens out the game against the freaks on a physical level but the fact that we are eagerly driven with brutal focus, intense motivation, energy and we go to that gym 5am..pound those weights with all of the rage in the world..makes us MORE genetically blessed than the physically endowed freaks that aren't as motivated and just bench 315 for 10-15 reps for shirts and giggles every now and then. I'll take the average physical genetics but the ability to train BRUTAL each and every time in gym over being physically blessed but weak in motivation because there GLORY and HONOR in that..and it's something everybody gotta earn!

That is soooo besides the point of what he is saying. The desire and will to succeed is important, sure, extremely, but has literally NOTHING to do with genetics. Especially physically genetics.

There is no shame in admitting some dudes are just flat out born with more than all but .001% can dream of, it's being real. Mike Tyson at 22 years old if he did nothing but box even without eating right would be more athletic and jacked than 95% of this forum on juice.

Throw in juice, bb style weight lifting, bb style diet and water manipulation and I would be SHOCKED if he's not an IFBB pro.

Lastly, it's absolutely RIDICULOUS and insulting to imply him or any championship caliber, world class athlete like Tyson did not have a burning desire to be great.

You simply do NOT reach the top of the mountain, especially as high as Mike Tyson got, without a work ethic that most can't comprehend.

I just do this shit as a hobby to look good, and i have A TON of respect for pro bb's... But it's also a joke and an insult to compare bodybuilding training to a heavyweight champion boxers training and conditioning.

Anyone that knows anything about boxing knows the training is brutal and requires extreme disciple.

Why did Tyson get worn out by Evander Holyfield after his prison term? Because his head wasn't right and he didn't approach his training with the same discipline. Being institutionalized fucked him up. He sure as shit didn't lose physical ability at that age after a couple years in the penn.

I wish people would show more respect and appreciation for the rare athletes of the world and stop trying to look for ways to talk their own self up to the same pedestal

Mike's biggest enemy was Mike himself. From 86-89 with Kevin Rooney, the footwork, the head movement, the angles from which he setup shots, everything was terminator like perfect. I'd pair up any heavyweight champion in history as a competitive fight for this Mike Tyson.

Guy had nothing growing up, came from an abusive background, and was launched into fame at a young age where snakes surrounded him. It still boggles my mind what it would be like for someone at 20 years old to be the heavyweight champ of the world (especially during a time when boxing was at it's peak).

Zero financial knowledge, or long term planning; you bleed through $300 million dollars and declare bankruptcy.

Agreed- if it were never for him just fucking off the Buster Douglas fight bc he didn't take him seriously, going to prison and coming out just fucked in the head... I think without blinking he is the greatest boxer of all time.

As it is, in his prime, i think he would beat the dog hell out of ANYONE. Ali, Sugar Ray, Foreman... Too fast and too powerful for anyone to deal with in his prime.

Muhammad Ali never saw anything close to as fast or powerful as Tyson. And i say this with the opinion that Ali is the GOAT considering his accomplishments.

Agreed- if it were never for him just fucking off the Buster Douglas fight bc he didn't take him seriously, going to prison and coming out just fucked in the head... I think without blinking he is the greatest boxer of all time.

As it is, in his prime, i think he would beat the dog hell out of ANYONE. Ali, Sugar Ray, Foreman... Too fast and too powerful for anyone to deal with in his prime.

Muhammad Ali never saw anything close to as fast or powerful as Tyson. And i say this with the opinion that Ali is the GOAT considering his accomplishments.

The Tyson fan in me would agree with you

But objectively I think both Ali and Foreman would have a good chance at beating him; Ali especially. Remember, Muhammad Ali fought Sonny Liston, George Foreman, Ernie Shavers; these are easily the hardest hitting boxers of all time. Mike's speed and explosiveness gave him a bigger edge than his power, it was accuracy of his shots that took out his competition.

Ali went 8 rounds against George Foreman in RITJ, in the 7th round Foreman hit him square in the jaw with all he had: Ali whispered "That all you got George?". This is a guy who used to snap heavybags like firecrackers in the middle from repetitively hitting them with one arm for 30 minutes at a time. And Ali shook him to his core in that fight.

Most of Mike Tyson's opponents lost the fight before they ever stepped foot in the ring; you could see it in their face. They were justifiably scared of this death machine that was staring at them like a rabid animal before fights. Tyson wouldn't have scared Ali or Foreman the same way, talent wise they were both right up there with him. Ali was one crazy guy, he scared Sonny Liston (who was an enforcer for the mob, and gave Patterson hell). Once in a lifetime sort of man. Handcuffed lightning and threw thunder in jail indeed.

But who knows, it could've gone anyway, it's fighting.

I'm really glad Mike Tyson was a fighter. He was so exciting. You just don't see that anymore.

You really dont see it in that form. Deontay Wilder is pretty e xciting to watch, but when he fights someone like Fury, who I consider an all-time great on the rise, it really shows the holes in his game.

The boxing I appreciate is the lighter classes and namely Lomachenko who might be the most skilled boxer we have ever seen. Ryan Garcia is a nice young up and comer with fast hands, but many of those guys dont have that KO power at around the 130 lb weight class. You will definitely see some saucy technique though.

The Tyson fan in me would agree with you

But objectively I think both Ali and Foreman would have a good chance at beating him; Ali especially. Remember, Muhammad Ali fought Sonny Liston, George Foreman, Ernie Shavers; these are easily the hardest hitting boxers of all time. Mike's speed and explosiveness gave him a bigger edge than his power, it was accuracy of his shots that took out his competition.

Ali went 8 rounds against George Foreman in RITJ, in the 7th round Foreman hit him square in the jaw with all he had: Ali whispered "That all you got George?". This is a guy who used to snap heavybags like firecrackers in the middle from repetitively hitting them with one arm for 30 minutes at a time. And Ali shook him to his core in that fight.

Most of Mike Tyson's opponents lost the fight before they ever stepped foot in the ring; you could see it in their face. They were justifiably scared of this death machine that was staring at them like a rabid animal before fights. Tyson wouldn't have scared Ali or Foreman the same way, talent wise they were both right up there with him. Ali was one crazy guy, he scared Sonny Liston (who was an enforcer for the mob, and gave Patterson hell). Once in a lifetime sort of man. Handcuffed lightning and threw thunder in jail indeed.

But who knows, it could've gone anyway, it's fighting.

100%

And the version of Tyson that showed up is a huge factor as well. Post Robin Givens marriage Tyson wasnt the same. That bitch had his head beyond fucked up.

I love to see Tyson Fury fight some of the all-time greats like Ali, just bc Fury keeps getting better and better at his movement and his reach is a problem.

When he beats Wilder again later this year and then fights Joshua next year, I think we may all have to etch his name on the all-time greats list somewhere. I feel if he keeps up with his capabilities he may be top 3-5 all-time. He was vastly underrated coming into the Wilder fight but those who have seen him fight knew what was coming for Wilder the 2nd time around.

always been a fan of tyson , ill watch if and when he has an exhibition.

The boxing I appreciate is the lighter classes and namely Lomachenko who might be the most skilled boxer we have ever seen.

I really enjoy watching him fight.

One thing I really like about him now is his attitude. Every time I see him he is smiling. Maybe its the weed,lol! He mentioned smoking it in the interview and he has that big business starting up too. The change in his personality is huge and he seems really happy now. Im glad for him. He worked hard for it. He is married now with kids too isn't he?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131