over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My HRT Doctor visit...

climber

Registered
Newbies
Well I wet to the Dr. months ago due to EXTREME fatigue and after ruling out a bunch of stuff, my T levels came back low (175 total). I'm 42 and been training for 15 yrs, and cycling off and on for about 7. Anyhow, this doc gave me a shot of 300mg cypionate and told me to come back in a month.
As you can imagine, I started feeling better in a bout a week, and then about two weeks later I started feeling tired and out of it again. I went back and he said he'd write me script, and to do 200mg of cyp ONCE A MONTH. I told him I thought 200mg/ a week was typical, and he said that 200mg/week was "Bodybuilder levels". I think this guy just doesn't know what he's doing: he didn't know the word CYPIONATE and had to have the nurse bring a vial in so he could copy off of it to write out my scrip.
I guess I need to find another doc?
Also, what's weird... He filled it out for 2 refills... I mean, at his dosage that's three YEARS worth!
Climber

No, he doesn't know what he's talking about.. The only possible way you could even try and attempt once a month would be with Sustanon, but even that would be pushing it.. If you did cyp once a month your levels would just zig zag up and down as it's totally clear of your system in 2 wks.

1 more thing - did you get your levels tested again when you went back? Anyone know what 200mg/wk Cyp would put your levels at?

My brother actually has to be on TRT for the rest of his life due to his pituitary gland not producing testosteron. His doctor has him 200mg of test cyp also but at every two weeks he takes a shot. I told my brother it might be best to take half the dose every week to keep levels even more stable. another thing that i thought was crazy was for a while he got a 10cc bottle that would last him 20 weeks, well last week he picked up his script and now they come in a 1ml bottle and he has 13 refills on it. plus it cost 60 dollars for that 1ml bottle which is crazy expensive i thought. his insurance wont pay because it was a pre-existing condition. his older 10cc bottle he got he said he paid 160dollars.

and now they come in a 1ml bottle and he has 13 refills on it. plus it cost 60 dollars for that 1ml bottle which is crazy expensive i thought.
That's bullshit. That's $600 a fucking bottle, nearly 4x as expensive as what he was paying before, which was still a ripoff!

Well I got lucky there: the Upjohn generic was $113 but Blue Cross picked up all but $10. Pretty Sweet. About time I got something back from those blood suckers.
No Ricky, he didn't check my levels... Just another reason I need to change docs...
I also told him my wife wanted to go for a kid at the end of the year, and would that be harder if I'm on test. He said it would be EASIER for her to get pregnant.
Climber

Also... The bottle says the refills are only good before October: Will they fill it if it's supposed to last ten months? Do I need to prefill syringes and crush the empty vial and bring it to them and say I dropped it?

relatively normal trt doses average around 100mg a week. Some doctors higher. If you want info on the doctor I am using, PM me as he has a somewhat different philosophy :D

(Ricky) It is almost impossible to guess what 200 a week would put you at for test level wise as everyone responds differently. BUT I had a starting test level of 162 and at 6 days from last shot my level was up almost 700 so I would say I probably peaked at close to 850 and felt great on 200mg per week.
You should make an appointment to see an endo as soon as possible because 200 once a month is going to be a rollarcoaster ride for your levels!
even if you where to try and split it up to 100 every other week you still would not be much better off then you are now.
What was you complete blood work up the first time could you post that up?
(Estradiol levels and all that.)
I just had my first blood work up post Aromasin this week so I will find out how it did for my level of 46 next week.
I took a lot of literature to my doc appointments it could just be that he is not well versed in TRT but a stop to see the Endo would be advised regardless.
bbminded: that is a sound idea telling him to split it up it will help him with stability greatly. at those prices he is better off going alternative routes.

LOL yea i told him for 60bucks i could make him a two years supply!!

(Ricky) It is almost impossible to guess what 200 a week would put you at for test level wise as everyone responds differently. BUT I had a starting test level of 162 and at 6 days from last shot my level was up almost 700 so I would say I probably peaked at close to 850 and felt great on 200mg per week.
You should make an appointment to see an endo as soon as possible because 200 once a month is going to be a rollarcoaster ride for your levels!
even if you where to try and split it up to 100 every other week you still would not be much better off then you are now.
What was you complete blood work up the first time could you post that up?
(Estradiol levels and all that.)
I just had my first blood work up post Aromasin this week so I will find out how it did for my level of 46 next week.
I took a lot of literature to my doc appointments it could just be that he is not well versed in TRT but a stop to see the Endo would be advised regardless.
bbminded: that is a sound idea telling him to split it up it will help him with stability greatly. at those prices he is better off going alternative routes.

for a while he got a 10cc bottle that would last him 20 weeks, well last week he picked up his script and now they come in a 1ml bottle and he has 13 refills on it. plus it cost 60 dollars for that 1ml bottle which is crazy expensive i thought. his insurance wont pay because it was a pre-existing condition. his older 10cc bottle he got he said he paid 160dollars.[/QUOT

He needs to shop around. Upjohn at my pharmacy is like $123.00 and generic Waston is like $110.00 for a 10 cc bottle. Costco is $58.00 I recently found out for the same generic. I've been prescribed 13 of the 1ml bottles also. They priced out similare per cc to that of the 10 cc bottle. He's either mistaken or should deffinatley shop around.

DLStryker

1 more thing - did you get your levels tested again when you went back? Anyone know what 200mg/wk Cyp would put your levels at?

roughly 1200, which is why generally that is the most any hrt doc will prescribe, and some prescribe less.

My doc prescibes 400 mgs/week I get a 6 month supply at a time and it only costs me $90 for 10cc's of 200mg test cyp.

My doc prescibes 400 mgs/week I get a 6 month supply at a time and it only costs me $90 for 10cc's of 200mg test cyp.

Holy crap thats a cycle for me! what do you test results show on that dosage?

Anyhow, this doc gave me a shot of 300mg cypionate and told me to come back in a month...I went back and he said he'd write me script, and to do 200mg of cyp ONCE A MONTH.

this is ridiculous. did he do a blood test? he should be testing you before your next shot to see how your levels are. this guy has no idea about the duration of test cyp. so you can either stay with him and hopefully he'll figure out a proper dosing schedule or you can find another doc, hopefully one that knows how to dose testosterone. good luck

Androderm Patch

Ask the doctor for the Androderm Patch. It's a 5mg/day patch I change every night. I started out with .7 shot every ten days. Then the patch came out. It keeps your levels even. My levels are around 700. I've been doing this for over 15 years. The patch is the way to go.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131