over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nexium 24-hr

OuchThatHurts

Moderator / Psy, Ret.
Staff member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Went out Friday and did a couple shots of Jack Daniels with friends and did a shooter of fireball and kind of burped up an air bubble at the same time it was going down and it made me cough like crazy. So bad that all week I was feeling what I think was heartburn. So I got some Nexium 24-hr and it stopped that burning feeling and was fine Wednesday and Thursday but today I took the 3rd one with a big cup of water like you're supposed to in the directions but I'm feeling pain right in the gut. Right in the stomach.

So then I read the side-effects and one was stomach ache. I was hoping to take it for at least 7 days until that irritation or whatever that was to heal.

I don't know enough about acid control and I guess this one is a proton pump inhibitor (which means fuck all to me). The most I ever used was an occasional rolaids or tums. I called my doctor buddy and he said he never heard of that before. But it's right on the paper inside as a side effect.

Any thoughts? I can switch to something else. I just picked Nexium bc it was rated really high.

Famotidine

Wow, I didn't know any of this. Thanks! I'll try the Pepcid and Famotidine. OTC right?

I think they gave my pops pepcid in an IV at the hospital when he had an allergic reaction to something he took.

How do you know all this shit? Wow.
I’ve been researching and testing anything I can find to try and ameliorate the stomach issues my ibs has caused. Pepcid helps with the gnawing ache I get in my gut due to its histamine blocking effects. But I have to be careful with using it often because it suppresses my acid too much and then my digestion slows way down

Heavyhitter is golden
I seriously doubt that there are many people who have studied nutrition and supplementation and medication, and tried it on themselves more than I have.
Marshmallow root, proton pump inhibitors, Pepcid, deglycerhizinated licorice root extract, activated charcoal, simethicone, rifaxamin, slippery elm bark, diamine oxidase, fodmap diet, probiotics, fermented foods, Betaine hcl, tons of different kinds of digestive enzymes, triphala, fiber, no fiber, if it exists to aid digestion and gut health, I’ve likely used it. Most of them have had minimal or no benefit. But there’s a few things that have worked that I use. I still have a ways to go though. I’m sitting here dreading eating this ground beef patty because I’m still full of air and burping from the dinner I ate 3 hours ago. Some days are better than others.
Next experiment will be Dr. ohiras probiotics. I’ve heard good things, but avoided trying it because it’s expensive and other probiotics have never done much for me

Went out Friday and did a couple shots of Jack Daniels with friends and did a shooter of fireball and kind of burped up an air bubble at the same time it was going down and it made me cough like crazy. So bad that all week I was feeling what I think was heartburn. So I got some Nexium 24-hr and it stopped that burning feeling and was fine Wednesday and Thursday but today I took the 3rd one with a big cup of water like you're supposed to in the directions but I'm feeling pain right in the gut. Right in the stomach.

So then I read the side-effects and one was stomach ache. I was hoping to take it for at least 7 days until that irritation or whatever that was to heal.

I don't know enough about acid control and I guess this one is a proton pump inhibitor (which means fuck all to me). The most I ever used was an occasional rolaids or tums. I called my doctor buddy and he said he never heard of that before. But it's right on the paper inside as a side effect.

Any thoughts? I can switch to something else. I just picked Nexium bc it was rated really high.
Others have commented against PPI's and I concure. I took Prilosec then Nexium for years and got off of them because PPI's decrease protein digestion and B12 levels.

A bit of back round on my gi issues:
I've had stomach issues since child hood which was exacerbated by Ritalin. Continued to have stomach issues through the teens which was medicated multiple ways, mostly just switching from one method to another with minimum relief. Serving as a infantry Marine pretty much put the nail in the coffin in regards to my stomach as I lived on high preservative rations for long periods of time. The VA rates my GI issues at 60 percent disability on it's own because of such a long paper trail.

I currently do not take any medications as I've found drastically better results from holistic measures.

For severe acid charcoal pills can be very helpful and can possibly adsorb any other toxins causing issues and discomfort.

Daily I use glutamine and apple cider vinegar. This keeps my gurd in check and works far better than any medication has.

5 grams of Glutamine
2 tbsp of A.C.V
In 8-10 oz
of water works wonders.

I also have another tonic that I typically drink often:

2 tbsp A.C.V
1 tbsp Ginger Juice
1 tbsp of organic honey

This drink may include glutamine or it can be taken seperate.

I used to have to be admitted to the E.R when gastric issues would be severe. They'd give me a Morphine and Benedryl IV and cocktail of medications mixed within Maalox liquid. Truly few things taste as putrid as this concoction would.

I personally urge against Maalox and Pepto Bismal as the metals in these medications will cause ulcers.
Maalox is Aluminum and Pepto Bismal is Bismuth.

Bisodium Carbonite is also a good remedy for acid reflux.
Strangely enough this component is increased by acidic fruits:
When you mix lime or lemon juice with baking soda and water it creates a carbonic acid. This mixture is a natural fix to reduce gas and indigestion.

Poor baking soda atop a cut Lime half and suck on it till the baking soda is completely desolved. This can be repeated a second time. Relief can be felt within moments.
I learned this method as a Mexican home remedy.

I hope you find relief from symptoms very soon.

Take care O.T.H

I will be getting a camera shoved down my throat soon to check everything out but I'm more comfortable about this taking place now then ever before.

I seriously doubt that there are many people who have studied nutrition and supplementation and medication, and tried it on themselves more than I have.
Marshmallow root, proton pump inhibitors, Pepcid, deglycerhizinated licorice root extract, activated charcoal, simethicone, rifaxamin, slippery elm bark, diamine oxidase, fodmap diet, probiotics, fermented foods, Betaine hcl, tons of different kinds of digestive enzymes, triphala, fiber, no fiber, if it exists to aid digestion and gut health, I’ve likely used it. Most of them have had minimal or no benefit. But there’s a few things that have worked that I use. I still have a ways to go though. I’m sitting here dreading eating this ground beef patty because I’m still full of air and burping from the dinner I ate 3 hours ago. Some days are better than others.
Next experiment will be Dr. ohiras probiotics. I’ve heard good things, but avoided trying it because it’s expensive and other probiotics have never done much for me
You mentioned fermented foods, personally I've had best results with small amounts of Sauerkraut throughout the day.
Kimchi also but it's hard for me to find mild kimchi. I hope to find a Korean Restaurant that will sell me some Kimchi made with less Chilli that I can include with meals.

At times when I take probiotic tablet I get indigestion and reflux which feels horrible at the esophagus. If I pound a can of seltzer water this typically remedies the issues entirely.

Others have commented against PPI's and I concure. I took Prilosec then Nexium for years and got off of them because PPI's decrease protein digestion and B12 levels.

A bit of back round on my gi issues:
I've had stomach issues since child hood which was exacerbated by Ritalin. Continued to have stomach issues through the teens which was medicated multiple ways, mostly just switching from one method to another with minimum relief. Serving as a infantry Marine pretty much put the nail in the coffin in regards to my stomach as I lived on high preservative rations for long periods of time. The VA rates my GI issues at 60 percent disability on it's own because of such a long paper trail.

I currently do not take any medications as I've found drastically better results from holistic measures.

For severe acid charcoal pills can be very helpful and can possibly adsorb any other toxins causing issues and discomfort.

Daily I use glutamine and apple cider vinegar. This keeps my gurd in check and works far better than any medication has.

5 grams of Glutamine
2 tbsp of A.C.V
In 8-10 oz
of water works wonders.

I also have another tonic that I typically drink often:

2 tbsp A.C.V
1 tbsp Ginger Juice
1 tbsp of organic honey

This drink may include glutamine or it can be taken seperate.

I used to have to be admitted to the E.R when gastric issues would be severe. They'd give me a Morphine and Benedryl IV and cocktail of medications mixed within Maalox liquid. Truly few things taste as putrid as this concoction would.

I personally urge against Maalox and Pepto Bismal as the metals in these medications will cause ulcers.
Maalox is Aluminum and Pepto Bismal is Bismuth.

Bisodium Carbonite is also a good remedy for acid reflux.
Strangely enough this component is increased by acidic fruits:
When you mix lime or lemon juice with baking soda and water it creates a carbonic acid. This mixture is a natural fix to reduce gas and indigestion.

Poor baking soda atop a cut Lime half and suck on it till the baking soda is completely desolved. This can be repeated a second time. Relief can be felt within moments.
I learned this method as a Mexican home remedy.

I hope you find relief from symptoms very soon.

Take care O.T.H
Thank you. I learned more tonight than I ever knew about GI meds and remedies. I did know about the fermented foods because not only do I love the taste but they always make my tummy feel great. Plus I'm a Polak and we eat a lot sauerkraut and horseradish. And kimchi is great, even the spicy. In Poland they smother everything in pepper. It's a good anti-inflammatory and vasodilator. But it's tough on people with GI issues.

Even though it's really trendy, I've had good results with Manuka Honey.

You mentioned fermented foods, personally I've had best results with small amounts of Sauerkraut throughout the day.
Kimchi also but it's hard for me to find mild kimchi. I hope to find a Korean Restaurant that will sell me some Kimchi made with less Chilli that I can include with meals.

At times when I take probiotic tablet I get indigestion and reflux which feels horrible at the esophagus. If I pound a can of seltzer water this typically remedies the issues entirely.
Supplemental probiotics have never helped me, but fermented foods have been helpful. I make my own kimchi….but Costco sells a really good one too that comes in a big jug and it’s not overly spicy. I love kimchi. I eat some every day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131